• 1 Post By Jet Dr.

Thread: RK Tractors - Quick Facts

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-16-2018 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks

RK Tractors - Quick Facts

All,

We have noticed that there are posts related to RK Tractors on the Green Tractor Talk Forums. We appreciate the exchange of information, and we have tremendous respect for Deere, their products and their customers. Having seen some accurate and inaccurate information being shared, we fell an obligation to the users of this forum, and our own brand, our employees and our customers to present some key facts related to RK Tractors. We have no intention of having a presence on this forum, just wanted to put the correct information out there for users to have.

1. RK Tractors range from 19 to 74HP. All engines from 19 to 55 HP are made by Yanmar, same engines that are in Deere tractors, and the 74 HP engine is made by Deutz.We launch the 74HP next month.
    2. Tong Yang Moolsan (TYM) makes all of our tractors, which undergo final assembly in our two tractor assembly centers located in OH and FL.
    3. TYM is the second largest manufacturer of under-60 HP tractors sold in the U.S. Kubota is the largest. TYM builds most of the Mahindra brand tractors sold in the U.S., but they are lower spec and use mostly different engines than what are in RK Tractors.
    4. TYM does make their own engines. TYM is the parent company of Kukje Machinery, manufacturers of engines that go in Mahindra, Branson, and certain models of TYM tractors sold in global markets. Again, RK Tractors have Yanmar and Deutz engines.
    5. TYM makes their own transmissions.
    6. RK Tractors are sold exclusively through Rural King stores, 40 of the current 113 total RK stores today, and we plan to offer at all in 2019.
    7. RK Tractors are high-spec with premium features. There are no options to purchase because everything is standard. That is how we have chosen to go to market.
    8. An objective comparison of specifications will reveal that RK Tractors are second to none.
    9. We provide parts & service support through a multi-layered network that uses RK stores, mobile techs and our tractor assembly centers. Our spare parts are housed in our 1m Sq/ft Ohio distribution center.
    10. We use our own truck fleet to transport tractors to our stores.
    11. Because we buy RK Tractors directly from the manufacturer and sell directly to tractor buyers and not dealers, our prices are significantly lower that that of any other brand.
    12. All RK Tractors come with an 8-year, 3000 hour powertrain warranty, parts & labor included, no deductible. There is no better warranty.
    13. Korea is the primary manufacturing location for RK, New Holland, CaseIH, Mahindra, Kioti, LS, TYM, McCormick, and Branson brand under-60 HP tractors sold in the U.S.
    14. Retail financing is provided by DLL, formerly know as Agricredit, and the 4th largest AG equipment lender in the World.
    15. All tire & wheel assemblies are made in the U.S. by Titan International.
    16. Yes, Rural King sold tractors in the past, but this program includes the entire package of products and services required to be successful for the long haul
    17. More information can be found by visiting rktractors.com

Thank you for reading, we just wanted to present the key facts so forum users have the straight scoop.
    Last edited by RK Tractor Guy; 04-15-2018 at 12:26 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RK Tractor Guy For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (04-23-2018), etcallhome (04-16-2018), GWT3046r (04-16-2018), MadOx (04-16-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    been watching about ur brand of tractors on u-tube-with-Out doors with the Morgans. lots of good info there so far. i really liked the 3 pt blade-and the fact how ur design lets it sit off set of the tractor. way cool-something u would only see on a road grader--and now is on a 3 pt back blade.

also loved ur dump trailer too.

i wish i had a Rural King closer to me--its a 2 hr drive any way i go to the store so far...........i'm hoping that will change for me in the future.
    i bought a tiller 2 yrs at ur store-when the 12% rebate was on-ha! still got the rebate card in my wallet -as ur mail order won't allow me to spend it that way for me that stinks. if i could use it online-it would of been gone

i hope ur brand does good for ya.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

RK Tractor Guy (04-15-2018)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    I just found some used turf tires for my JD 3720. The tires and rims came off a Branson tractor. He bought some tires and rims that came off of a JD. He said they bolted right up on his Branson.
    I just did some measuring and things looked good for bolting up. We shall see , too cold today to mess with them.
    etcallhome and Robnik like this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting this information. I knew absolutely nothing about you guys and now I know a little. That warranty sounds pretty appealing if you guys are in it for the long-term.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 659 Posts
    RK Tractor Guy,

Are you the same person as RK Tracor Guy over on the other thread about Rural King tractors? If so, why did you create two accounts?
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

10. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmo View Post
    RK Tractor Guy,

Are you the same person as RK Tracor Guy over on the other thread about Rural King tractors? If so, why did you create two accounts?
    Probably because"tractor" was misspelled. (Tracor)
    Kennyd likes this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 659 Posts
    RK Tractor Guy,

Also, RK Tractor Guy or RK Tracor Guy,

If you are the same person, do you care to share your name and contact information rather than just at rktractors.com?
    Just for the record.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    When is RK coming to Canada?
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:57 AM
    Thanks
    Also, RK Tractor Guy or RK Tracor Guy,

If you are the same person, do you care to share your name and contact information rather than just at rktractors.com?
    Just for the record.
    Hi,
    I wanted to reply to the thread below, but it is closed.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ractors-5.html

The reason I brought back this old thread is the fact that I had a similar experience with “Doug” (AKA “RK Tracor Guy” or “RK Tractor Guy”). I may need to edit this post to provide another link to my interaction on youtube.

I have also been intrigued by the RK brand and ran across the “Outdoors with the Morgans” youtube channel as a result. Mike appears to be a guy with a great deal of integrity and I respect him for that. He also lives not more than an hour from where I grew up.

Recently he posted a video of him doing the first oil change on the RK55 (number 215 in his series). It did not go well due to the design of the tractor as related to the backhoe sub-frame that was installed on that tractor. (It was not removed for this oil change) Numerous people commented on that. RK Tractor Guy repeatedly popped up to defend the design stating that “Yanmar makes the engine which dictates where the drain plug is, and it only takes 5 minutes to remove and reinstall the cross member. (I wonder what happens when you try and remove and install it with the backhoe on the tractor.)

I commented that he should be more receptive to the feedback provided by potential customers. He stated I was being harsh. I’ll let you all be the judge. My interaction is under a comment by Paul Barkhurst and I’m Jeffrey Allan 
    I bring this up, as to me, it shows that Rural King (or at least their representative) does not value customer input / opinions in order to grow their business.

Just to be fair I’ll share my opinions of the RK. I did have the opportunity to walk around and sit in an RK 37 with a cab a couple of months ago.

Price – Lot of features for the money. Radio is located in front of you rather than behind/beside you, higher advertised lifting capacity, capability to recirculate the airconditioner vs continual fresh on the Deere. Entire RK 37 hood lifts up for access.

Dislikes.
    No proven dealer network. No reliability durability history. Reports from other TYM built tractor owners on parts availability. It is not a Deere. Switchgear in cab seems to be mostly an afterthought. (Cruise control on/off switch is one place while “resume/set” is in another for example. Likewise for the wipers and lights; not like the two basic pods for lighting /cruise/ engine controls on a Deere.) No true “shuttle shift” for the manual trans. (still have to clutch) Will Rural King still be selling tractors for the duration of the 8 year 3000 hour warranty. Perceived poor customer support. It is not a Deere.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by Jet Dr.; 08-19-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    Fozsey likes this.
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    I'm just wondering when they're going to update their site with some RK 74 info and pictures.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements