• 2 Post By Tractor Tim
  • 2 Post By coaltrain

Thread: Unique Tractor Like the old Allis Chalmers 'G' - Tilmore

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks

Unique Tractor Like the old Allis Chalmers 'G' - Tilmore

We found this Tilmor tractor quite interesting. It is not yet in production as there is still some refinement needed. However, It was remarkably easy to use for row-crop cultivation. I was going pretty fast, but still able to stay "on the row" ...within an inch or two of center without too much problem.

If you like the old Allis Chalmers 'G', then this tractor should be interesting.
    There is another similar tractor called the Oggun.

I'd love to hear your comments on this unit.
    Last edited by Tractor Tim; 08-15-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Levi, mark02tj, bmichael and 1 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    That's pretty cool! Interesting to see that VenTrac thinks that this kind of tractor has a market.

I knew there was a tractor company based in Alabama (at one time) that was producing something similar. Turns out that it's the Oggun and they appear to have moved their manufacturing. At one time they were going to produce tractors in Cuba.

Googling "small tractor manufactured in Alabama" also turned up another similar tractor "Tuff-Bilt" in Nebraska.

I have to think that the US market for a tractor like this is pretty limited. I think most of these folks are looking more at the international / third-world country markets for these. I know there's an emerging sector of American agriculture that is mostly on smaller farms so it will be interesting if those farmers will look at something that's a little more "unusual" than using 3PH implements. Of course, many older tractors used mid-mount cultivators, etc., so the concept is not new, it's just not seen in the mainstream any more.

With regards to the horsepower, I'm surprised they didn't go bigger with the gas engine option. I think there's probably a lot of "true power" difference between a 23 hp Kubota diesel vs. a 23 hp B&S engine. But, properly geared (and it appears these are), you can do a lot with a small horsepower gas engine. Look at the old 12 hp Farmall Cubs as an example. And, my old Gravely Model "L" tractor with 7.6 hp had an amazing amount of power/torque.

THANKS for posting this Tim! You and Christy are having too much fun!!
    Levi and Tractor Tim like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    These have been posted a few times before, but they are neat to see. IIRC they are developing them for sale in Cuba.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    I definitely see a demand for a machine like this but unfortunately not a huge demand. I like the guy’s first comment on your video calling it a “tool” more than a tractor.

In the right setting a small farmer (10-20 acres?) in or near a suburban setting could do very well selling at farmers markets. Back when we were homesteading my wife did just that but in a very rural town nearby. She did very well but it died off after a couple years. But today’s small farmer has opportunities if the demand is there. Small acreage owners need to think outside the box to survive.

This is similar to what I’ve read on our forum of people making very small bales of hay for sale and the specialized equipment to make those bales. People who have horses just for pleasure don’t want to own equipment to handle the large bales. So thinking outside the box a small farmer can still make a profit by supplying these people with small bales.

I think the tractor is great. Having mid mount implements is what I really like along with how the steering wheel shifts to the side and lights aiming straight down on the implement area.

Maybe I missed it in the video but all I saw was the one implement. It would have been nice if they gave you a quick view/review of any other implements available.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    These have been posted a few times before, but they are neat to see. IIRC they are developing them for sale in Cuba.
    Different tractor, John. You are thinking of the Oggun.

Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    It would have been nice if they gave you a quick view/review of any other implements available.
    Stan,

Yea, we saw a few implements, and probably should have included them in the video. However, it was already long enough :-)

You can take a look at http://tilmor.com for SOME more information, but there isn't a huge amount of attachment detail listed there either.

We saw a mid mount planter (shown early in the video, but we didn't focus on it).

Tim
    Last edited by Tractor Tim; 08-15-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    Levi and coaltrain like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    OK - I understand better now. Besides their basket weeder they have a bunch of cultivating tools that work from a tool bar.

The tractor concept is to bring that tool bar up to be mid mount like the old “G” and Farmall Cub.

The basket weeder is really neat - good that you concentrated on that.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements