Alternative Carb Question (Husqy)
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jjm1893

Thread: Alternative Carb Question (Husqy)

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    05-28-2019 @ 01:23 AM
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Alternative Carb Question (Husqy)

    This is more of a carb question, which i dont know too much about...

    I have a Husqy that needs a new carb - Briggs and Stratton #594530.

    Half of the vendors show it being out of stock, the other half are asking ~$200.

    I've tried searching, and come up short.. are there any brands or models that I can use instead of the OEM one?

    Is there really much difference between carbs? Why so many choices?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,783
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    1-CYL or 2-CYL? What is the engine model and type?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    05-28-2019 @ 01:23 AM
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    1-CYL or 2-CYL? What is the engine model and type?
    I suppose some basic info like that would help!

    Husqvarna riding mower
    GT48XLSi

    2-CYL

    24HP
    Briggs
    Endurance Series

    Thats all the info i have available to me right now.

    Ideally, I would like to find an alternative carburetor that is much, much less. I might have more issues than just the carb- I dont want to start throwing money at it then hope something works.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,783
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    I suppose some basic info like that would help!

    Husqvarna riding mower
    GT48XLSi

    2-CYL

    24HP
    Briggs
    Endurance Series

    Thats all the info i have available to me right now.

    Ideally, I would like to find an alternative carburetor that is much, much less. I might have more issues than just the carb- I dont want to start throwing money at it then hope something works.
    B&S makes so many variants of their engines that to look up parts detail you really need to know the B&S engine model number, engine type number and code number. These numbers are printed on the engine somewhere.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    05-28-2019 @ 01:23 AM
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    B&S makes so many variants of their engines that to look up parts detail you really need to know the B&S engine model number, engine type number and code number. These numbers are printed on the engine somewhere.
    44N877-0005-G1

    The original carb part# 595321 has been replaced with part# 597128 and now costs around $185-$215

    There's gotta be an alternative or generic brand with the same part number for much less, right?
    (I haven't had any luck finding one tho.)

    What about replacing it with a larger carb, or trying to find a similar size? If anything could i just swap out the jets?

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Collinsville, OK
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    44N877-0005-G1

    The original carb part# 595321 has been replaced with part# 597128 and now costs around $185-$215

    There's gotta be an alternative or generic brand with the same part number for much less, right?
    (I haven't had any luck finding one tho.)

    What about replacing it with a larger carb, or trying to find a similar size? If anything could i just swap out the jets?
    I found one for under $150.
    Briggs Stratton Carburetor Part No. 597128
    VietNam Vet, 68-69
    68 Mower
    '74 112 Tractor
    '86 316 Tractor (361703)
    '89 265 Tractor (597403)
    F725 Front Mow (032048)

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    09-07-2019 @ 11:39 AM
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    When I needed a carb for a small shredder (much smaller engine) I looked up make, model, s/n on web & found the part #. I searched the web for the part # & found a bunch - B&S & aftermarket. I ended by buying aftermarket due to great reviews by many folks. I read reviews starting with lowest ones and eliminating those which are BS or from nieve folks. Saved well over 50%
    KennyP likes this.

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Collinsville, OK
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjm1893 View Post
    When I needed a carb for a small shredder (much smaller engine) I looked up make, model, s/n on web & found the part #. I searched the web for the part # & found a bunch - B&S & aftermarket. I ended by buying aftermarket due to great reviews by many folks. I read reviews starting with lowest ones and eliminating those which are BS or from nieve folks. Saved well over 50%
    That's what I do on all parts I am looking for. Can save a good chunk of $ at times!
    VietNam Vet, 68-69
    68 Mower
    '74 112 Tractor
    '86 316 Tractor (361703)
    '89 265 Tractor (597403)
    F725 Front Mow (032048)

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I bought one from my local Briggs dealer last spring for a V twin. $165 and it runs great. Tried everything to make it work first. I thank it is seven years old. They made some bad carbs from what I read. The one on the pressure washer is about 15 years old. Never had an issue with it. Did not look like an easy conversion to anything else in my opinion.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. 420 carb question
    By Drifterbike in forum Vintage Lawn & Garden Tractors
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 12:02 PM
  2. I fabricated and installed an alternative backhoe seat
    By jimfrits in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 03:28 PM
  3. Alternative DIY Mower Deck Storage
    By m21knight in forum Implements & Attachments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
  4. Great alternative to tire chains
    By GreenFarmParts in forum Green Farm Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 05:18 AM
  5. Alternative to part TY25878?
    By JAA in forum Tractor & Equipment Maintenance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •