Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Save some Green-Buy Red Mahrindra

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks

Save some Green-Buy Red Mahrindra

There are Mahindra tractor dealers in 47 out of 48 lower states & they claim to be the number 1 selling tractor. I haven't seen these tractors personally so I can't say. There's a dealer not more than a half hour from me. Maybe I will go take a look. Has anyone got an opinion on the Mihindra line or their clam to be numerou uno

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,950 Times in 2,913 Posts
    They may sell more but they aren't better, IMO.
    DRobinson, Maddog and Levi like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    There are Mahindra tractor dealers in 47 out of 48 lower states & they claim to be the number 1 selling tractor. I haven't seen these tractors personally so I can't say. There's a dealer not more than a half hour from me. Maybe I will go take a look. Has anyone got an opinion on the Mihindra line or their clam to be numerou uno
    I dont buy the "number one selling tractor" sales ploy they are trying.. If that was the case, I would see at least 2 everyday, and I sure dont see them.. I know of 3 local owners, and we do have a dealer that sells them..

Also, they will have no where near the resale value as a green tractor has..
    Maddog and Levi like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    What are the exact details of their claim to be #1 seller?

They probably are, worldwide. They have a huge presence in India. They originally bought a lot of old tooling, molds, etc from IH and a lot of the older Mahindra tractors are basically IH tractors that they produced. Back in the 60's they did the same with Willys Jeeps, and I believe they may even still be producing the equivalent of the Willys CJ-3B.

I've been around a few of their more modern tractors, and I wasn't impressed. That's just my opinion though. I looked at all my options when I was tractor shopping, and the 5320 came out in the best spot. Your mileage may vary.
    Zebrafive and Levi like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:54 PM
    Thanks
    My pop knew a guy who's name was mahindra, and that dude was the laziest guy EVER!

But, the only real art to my eyes is green and yellow paint. On john deere tractors!!!!
    Maddog and Levi like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks
    There are Mahindra tractor dealers in 47 out of 48 lower states & they claim to be the number 1 selling tractor.
    Their claim is that they are the #1 selling tractor brand in the world. That claim is based on volume (as opposed to revenue) and the vast majority of their sales are in India (Where they are pretty much the only player at this point. They own something like 90% of the Indian market.)

I have a dealer near me and looked at them when I was deciding last year. While they were cheaper, they weren't all that much cheaper. The price difference between the Deere 2032R and their equal was less than $1,000. IMO, their tractors look better than the Deere equipment but take a look at their resale values. They suck.

Also, if you do go look at some, check the models. The 1533 is actually made by Mitsubishi, the 2540 is actually made by TYM, etc..

If I wanted to buy a TYM, why wouldn't I just go straight to TYM?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:54 PM
    Thanks
    I'll bet that most mahindra tractors are made by shibura, the company who made ford tractors in Japan. That's why the have such a presence in India, etc...
    Last edited by johnH123; 04-29-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added the some..
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Don't you have to wonder why they feel a need to boast so much B.S. if they were all that great? Would you need to sound like Joe's Giant Car Lot in every video/advertisement you ever made? When isn't that company pumping out fast talk'n crap? Their youtube videos alone had me running in the other direction before I even started looking at compacts seriously. I am sure there are plenty of happy Reds out there. However, IMHO, this company needs to step up their game and be a bit more professional and tone down the BS. I wanted to buy a machine with a REAL reputation of quality and satisfaction, not a company who has to make up stuff, like being number one! Really? Number one? Where? With who? When? To me, quality, value, and convenience should be obvious. Not sure we need a sales pitch when it comes to tractors. A John Deere SCREAMS quality. And yes, even with the yanmar connection with Deere, they do an amazing job.

If you don't go Green, look at Kioti. For the money, I really like Kioti. If I have a chance to grab a used Kioti for a good deal, I'd add it to the family. Beyond that, Red, Orange, Blue, wasn't impressed. Once you go Green....
    Maddog, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Steve Grumpka of Sussex County NJ

2025R ( H130, 270A BH w/ JD thumb, + 54D MMM)
    LT150, 38" deck.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpka View Post
    Don't you have to wonder why they feel a need to boast so much B.S. if they were all that great? Would you need to sound like Joe's Giant Car Lot in every video/advertisement you ever made? When isn't that company pumping out fast talk'n crap? Their youtube videos alone had me running in the other direction before I even started looking at compacts seriously. I am sure there are plenty of happy Reds out there. However, IMHO, this company needs to step up their game and be a bit more professional and tone down the BS. I wanted to buy a machine with a REAL reputation of quality and satisfaction, not a company who has to make up stuff, like being number one! Really? Number one? Where? With who? When? To me, quality, value, and convenience should be obvious. Not sure we need a sales pitch when it comes to tractors. A John Deere SCREAMS quality. And yes, even with the yanmar connection with Deere, they do an amazing job.

If you don't go Green, look at Kioti. For the money, I really like Kioti. If I have a chance to grab a used Kioti for a good deal, I'd add it to the family. Beyond that, Red, Orange, Blue, wasn't impressed. Once you go Green....
    I did the original post here. I'm not in the market to buy anything right now in any color. Was only asking about Mahrinda brand. You tube. Your right on about there sales videos, etc. I watched three videos & found myself asking if they hire used car salesmen to make the videos for them. They are so low grade & a joke as far as presenting what is supposed to be the No.1 seller (?)

But what's a Kioti? Don't think I've ever seen one of those & what is a T Y M also. Stranger to these brands.
    Last edited by Maddog; 04-30-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    Levi and Grumpka like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks
    But what's a Kioti? Don't think I've ever seen one of those & what is a T Y M also. Stranger to these brands.

TYM is a South Korean manufacturer. They originally started out in the tractor business selling machines that were copies of the Japanese Iseki brand. They sell machines under the TYM brand name but they also built machines for a LOT of other companies. In addition to Mahindra, they've built machines for SAME, Milenium, Scorpion, Alliance, Allmand, BGU, Double-R, Montana, Nibbi and their latest addition... Cabela's.

TYM is to South Korea what Jinma is to China.

Kioti is the US brand name for Daedong out of China. Again, nice looking machines but the big complaint when I was looking was parts. People were left waiting 4-6 months for replacement parts to be shipped over from China via slow boat. Oh, you need an oil filter? Come back in 6 months...

They did build a new parts distro center last year down in NC somewhere but I haven't followed up on them to see how well that's working.
    Gizmo2, farmgirl19, Levi and 2 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (04-30-2015), Kennyd (04-30-2015)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast