Are any of our GTT Members familiar with the Honda H5013 Compact Tractor?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are any of our GTT Members familiar with the Honda H5013 Compact Tractor?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,401 Posts

Are any of our GTT Members familiar with the Honda H5013 Compact Tractor?

I saw this tractor for sale today on Craigslist and found it intriguing.

I wondered if any of our GTT members have owned one or have any knowledge about these unique little tractors. This unit has some very interesting features and the resale values they command are quite high for a small one cylinder gas powered tractor.

Apparently all wheel steering, some are 4wd and they have standard front and rear PTO's and a wide range of attachments. They haven't been made since 1999 and I had never noticed them before today.

Just curious on comments from those who have knowledge or experience about these tractors.

For what it is worth, The guy is asking $2,500 for this one but the average selling price on Ebay is about $3,600 and some have sold for north of $7,300 with attachments.

Also, the ones which I have found that have sold seem to be concentrated around the North Eastern U.S. with New Hampshire and Vermont being home to several which sold and some of those now for sale.

Just wondering what those who have used one or know someone who has thought about it. Here is a link to the basics about this tractor.

TractorData.com Honda H5013 tractor information

Thanks in advance for any responses........
    jharris63 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I've never seen one. Never heard of one. Didn't know it existed until now.

That said, if it was cheap enough I might pick it up. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment?

Looks like a neat little machine, I'd like to see one in person.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks
    13 hp? I'll bet it is terribly under powered. A few years ago, I saw a 3 cylinder gas 18 hp one running around. It looked pretty neat, and sounded cool.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    '11 1026R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I've never seen one. Never heard of one. Didn't know it existed until now.

That said, if it was cheap enough I might pick it up. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment?

Looks like a neat little machine, I'd like to see one in person.
    I am kicking it around just because it is so different. My personal experience with Honda products from that era is extremely favorable. Honda has always made great products but there for awhile, they were so over engineered and heavily built that they will likely last forever, which is a good thing.

On a personal note, I hope you are really enjoying your new home state. I love Wyoming and make it a point to get out there on my Harley for either the Sturgis Rally or for another couple of weeks during the summer. I love to ride from the Black Hills west through Wyoming plains and into Buffalo to cross the mountains and into Ten Sleep and then work my way to Cody, Yellowstone and the Highway 212 back into Montana via the North eastern Yellowstone Park exit.

I have wandered around Wyoming so randomly and without a plan that some of the cattle began talking about how I must be lost when they see me go back by them in the opposite direction. Seriously, Wyoming is one of my favorite places in this great country..........Hope your relocation is everything you hoped it would be. Congrats.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    13 hp? I'll bet it is terribly under powered. A few years ago, I saw a 3 cylinder gas 18 hp one running around. It looked pretty neat, and sounded cool.
    The 13hp single cylinder engine is PRECISELY why I would like to hear from those who have owned one or operated one. I had the exact same thought as you when I read the specs.

But then when I look at the units for sale, some have 3pt hitch finish mowers on them and the interesting fact I have noticed from the sales listings is that many are 1 owner units now for sale for the 1st time. Generally if something is underpowered or it's performance is unacceptable, people dump them in a hurry, but that doesn't seem to be the case with these.

I even looked at alternative sources to see if the Tractor Date engine info was incorrect as I have found errors from time to time but the other sources seem to confirm the engine size and specs in their description.......

It will be interesting to hear how these tractors really perform........It seems doubtful that Honda would doom such a product to failure with under power but stranger things have happened.......Not necessarily to Honda, though.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,582 Posts
    My high school shop teacher bought one somewhere around 1991-1994 , his son still has it today. Guessing they have a 1/2-3/4 acre and mowed with it every week. Shame he died somewhere around 1996 way to early in live to enjoy his Honda mower. The design was a total different and kinda still is even with todays mowers.
    I do remember he caught a lot of grief buying a import mower , but he always drove a Honda Accord.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Thanks
    These things have a cult following and can bring big money. I have a friend that has several and absolutely loves them. They had all sorts of attachments available including a front mounted 3 pt hitch and PTO
    SulleyBear likes this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

10. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,289 Times in 2,580 Posts
    These machines have almost a cult status amongst a small group of people. They were supposed to be great machines and were built well. The major downfall for them is the serious lack of availability of parts.

If you were buying it because of its novelty, you're probably ok. But if you intended on using it and depending on it, I think you'd be setting yourself up for failure.

Just my $.000000002
    SulleyBear likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Thanks in advance for any responses........
    [/URL]
    Think I've seen 1, many moons ago down here.
    None built since 1999, $2500, 13HP, think you would be setting yourself up for an adventure considering
    the apparent complexity of the little thing and availability of parts.

Cajun
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    These machines have almost a cult status amongst a small group of people. They were supposed to be great machines and were built well. The major downfall for them is the serious lack of availability of parts.

If you were buying it because of its novelty, you're probably ok. But if you intended on using it and depending on it, I think you'd be setting yourself up for failure.

Just my $.000000002
    Thanks for the comments. I would buy it simply to restore it and I would be unlikely to use it. After all, Green is where I go when I need to get something done........

I found the Honda products in general to be extremely well built and engineered. I was surprised when I saw this unit as I have never seen one before. They command serious money on Ebay, and I was surprised to find between 70 and 80 different parts available for them on Ebay as well.

It would simply be a toy for the collection, not something I would expect to use. I am seriously contemplating starting a collection of unusual garden tractors of all brands and also a collection of the walk behind garden tractors. I have seen a number of things lately for sale which I found interesting and fortunately, most of these tractors are quite affordable.
    Old Cajun likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast