Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Kubota

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-21-2015 @ 07:17 PM
    Thanks

Kubota

Ive been really considering a 1025r, and then I went to a Kubota dealer and looked at the B2320 and the B2301, very impressed. I know this is a JD forum and Im not looking to offend anyone, however, does anyone have any knowledge to share on these models, the 2301 is very new so may not be many out there, and also looking for comparisons to the 1025r. Kubota seems like a much beefier unit. Im looking for a unit to mow, driveway maintenance, plowing, light brush hogging.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:13 AM
    Thanks
    I don't know much about them but isn't the B comparable to the JD 2 Family? I think that the BX is comparable to the 1025r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 660 Posts
    The 1025R does all of those things for me really well with exception of the hogging. I do not have one.

I looked at Kubota then decided on the JD because of the features and ergonomics. Price was about the same for me, also.

I would do it again.
    Levi and Marlin like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    The single pedal forward/reverse vs twin pedal is a must you have to demo and see which you prefer best..

Also, the standard quick tatch loader bucket on the Deere is HUGE for me...
    mjncad, Levi, coaltrain and 1 others like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Only thing I know about the Kubota is I don't own one and good luck to you if it's what you get and I hope it serves you well.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,583 Posts
    Haven't looked at a Kubota for a while , Does the Kubota have drive over deck, and auto connect... Don't think so
    setting on each tractor ..I have the hyd lift so I use the joy stick to lift and lower the deck all the time. Never needing to move my arm to compared to the Kubota and stretching your arm forward to lift , lower deck if you get FEL same lever .
    Since you are looking at the 1025r ,, does Kubota have,, tilt wheel.,cig lighter, the 2 extra lights , cruise (you may never use) unless a very large yard or going up or down the higway and the ease of FORWARD-REV TWO PEDALS instead of rocking you ankle back and forth.

Best advice , go ask both dealers if you can use it for a while either on his property or yours. Go by the seat of your pants, and how it feels to you.
    If you'll be removing the deck very often or leaving it on year around. Plus if getting front blade or other attachments such as blower, broom or FEL.
    Ask each dealer if they have the attachments so you can see how easy or hard it might be to attach.

Good Luck
    RichBaxter, Levi and Marlin like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    I gave the B2601 a hard look recently for another forum member who was ready to switch to JD, he was comparing it to the 2025R. A few things really impressed me about it:

-3 Range tranny
    -They finally moved the split brakes to the left side so they are usable.
    -Armrest's on the seat.
    -Telescoping stabilizers on the lower 3PH arms.
    -Joystick on the fender.
    -Optional SSQA available for the loader.

I still don't like the rocker/boomerang/treadle pedal design for the HST control, and well the color but I do think the model in general is fierce competitor to the JD.

Also, as was noted your not comparing apples to apples with the models you listed.

The person I was helping ultimately chose the JD, but his decision was partially influenced by a bad experience at the Kub dealer also while he was negotiating on his upgrade (from a smaller BX something).
    etcallhome, arlen, Bubber and 2 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    06-21-2015 @ 07:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for the info. Yes, I understand that they are different that is just where I was at financially. I can actually get a B2320 for the same exact price as the 1025r, both with 60mmm and loader, which is where my journey began. Then, I recently got a chance to take a look at the B2301 and was very impressed. Not an easy decision but a good problem to have. I appreciate you guys keeping an open mind being that Im talking about an "off" colored machine.
    allwood likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 799 Posts
    I own a B3200.

The B series is compatible with the 2 series JD.

The loader SCV is on the tractor, not the loader frame. I think it is on the loader for the smaller BX.

The B has twin pedals, not the banana peel pedal. The forward pedal being in front of your toe, the reverse behind your heal. Been using mine for a year and don't have any comport problems with it. I like the JD pedal arrangement a little better but the Kubota design seems to work just find. For some reason JD thinks they own a patent on two pedals side by side.... Good thing Ford wasn't as selfish or lord only knows where the brake pedal would be on a chevy...

Three speed range is a real plus in my opinion, as well as the large tires. My B is much smoother than my 2305.

I don't think the L405 loader has the skid steer bucket option. Gotta get into an L series for that. They do have a quick attach adapter but I am told it is not worth it... I don't have forks yet so it isn't a problem. When I do get forks I am not timing myself like a NASCAR pit stop anyway and over the years have been comfortable taking the time to work equipment.

I do not believe the deck is drive over, nor does it have auto - maybe - it -will - connect system. I use a rear finish mower and prefer it hands down over any mid mount on a tractor I use as multi-purpose.

Get some serious seat time on both of them and then decide what you like best. Both are very good machines and will last you a long time.

I ended up with my Kubota after I learned the myth of holding trade value. I really wanted a 2720. My dealer didn't want my 2305, and apparently not my business either. I looked at the B2320 and the B2920, until I got on the B3200....

I didn't get the 2720 that I wanted, but I got a heck of a good tractor anyway.

Good luck and enjoy your search.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Thanks
    One of the nicer things that Kubota does have is your choice of a 60" or 72" loader-mounted snowplow for their CUTS. Either, IMO, beats Deere's 54" Quick-Attach setup.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast