• 3 Post By 56FordGuy
  • 5 Post By 56FordGuy

Thread: Remanufactured Ford 9N, 2N and 8N by N-Complete - Seeking Opinion

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-04-2015 @ 04:41 AM
    Thanks

Remanufactured Ford 9N, 2N and 8N by N-Complete - Seeking Opinion

N-Complete Tractor remanufactures Ford Brand tractors tractor and recently prepared 9N, 2n and 8N models. The asking price is as below;

1. 1940 FORD 9N Tractor - $10,500.00
    2. 1944 Ford 2N Tractor - $11,500.00
    3. 1952 Ford 8N Tractor - $12,000.00
    4. 1949 Ford 8N Tractor - $10,500.00

You can see their pictures at their website.

Now, my question is, if you're planning to buy a remanufactured Ford tractor, then are you willing to pay this much of amount for an antique piece?

I'm seeking your opinions in different point of view not only the price factor, but anything that may help to take some decision on it.

Tina Dehaan
    Director of Operations
    Double R Enterprise

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-10-2018 @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks

Unhappy

The answer for me would be no.
    No ROPS.

Gas motor.

The loss you would take if you resold in a few years. Around here those go for $2500 tops.

If you wanted one for childhood memories, it might be cheaper to buy than rebuild one. For my work tractor no.
    Levi, eyeboltman and gbnpp05 like this.
    Matt

NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    ROP's would be no problem for me but the price is about 6k to much. That's a lot for an N tractor that few people have use for.
    MFreund1 likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    There's no chance I'd pay anywhere near that, and I love N series tractors. I logged a lot of time on a 1948 8N when I was younger, it's still sitting on some family property in TN.

Restoring tractors is very difficult to do and turn a profit on, especially on such a common tractor. Running and functional machines seem to bring about $1,500 in unrestored condition. You can find some very nicely done restorations for $3-5,000.
    etcallhome, DRobinson and MFreund1 like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-04-2015 @ 04:41 AM
    Thanks
    Nice feedback and thanks to 56Fordguy and Levi for price idea. In your point of view the price between 6k to 7.5k is reasonable, right?

Well, and what would be your expectation for warranty, guarantee, servicing and other issues from the re-manufacturer/ seller company?
    Tina Dehaan
    Director of Operations
    Double R Enterprise

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dehaan View Post
    Nice feedback and thanks to 56Fordguy and Levi for price idea. In your point of view the price between 6k to 7.5k is reasonable, right?

Well, and what would be your expectation for warranty, guarantee, servicing and other issues from the re-manufacturer/ seller company?
    6k for completely restored isn't bad if in need and I'd feel lucky to get 90 day warranty, really lucky if I got a 1 year warranty.
    Just the thoughts of a guy that doesn't need one. It'd be nice and it'd be fun, just can't justify getting one.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Thanks
    Off hand I don't know of anyone else rebuilding older Fords for resale but there are other companies out there rebuilding and selling other brands (i.e. Yanmar) and selling them considerably cheaper than what you are asking for these Fords. They all pretty much seem to use the same warranty template - 1 year on power train and 6 months on everything else.

Fredricks Importing is just one of many selling refurbished Yanmars. You might take a look at their page/pricing for some ideas.

Just as an example, they sell a refurbished Yanmar YM 2310D in 2WD (which is fairly equal to an 8N except that the Yanmar is a diesel) for $6400.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Most people looking for an everyday work tractor in the $6,000+ range are not going to look at an N series. While great machines in their day, capability and operator comforts have come a very long way in the last 63+ years. Heck, even by the 1960s the N series had been left in the dust when you compared available features. With a gas engine, poor lights, no power steering, no live PTO, no live hydraulics, no position control on the 9 and 2N, not to mention the safety features that have come along their hayday has really gone by.

People buying N series machines to work with are doing it because they're cheap and parts are everywhere. At an auction down in TN not long ago two N series sold for less than $1,000 apiece and they both ran well. Even in the $2000 ballpark you can find the Ford NAA and a few of the Workmaster/ Powermaster series that have a lot nicer features.

The nicely restored tractors are meant for a collector. For a lot of people, we'd rather buy the cheap junker and rebuild it ourselves. It's hard to say that you save any money going that route, but a lot of us want the tractor that's been in the family forever. The one we remember driving as a kid that's been sitting behind the barn for 15 years now. A lot of tractor collectors are in it for the journey, not the destination. For the folks that are shopping for restored machines, it's a unique market. There are professional restoration shops, and there are guys in barns with paint guns. "Restored" can be anything from a simple repaint up to tearing each and every component down, rebuilding it and putting it back together. Since a lot of people buying restored tractors never run them day in and day out, they're not going to notice the hydraulic pump that was rebuilt, or the new bearings and brushes in the generator. That doesn't mean it isn't worth doing those things, but it makes for a harder sell when two machines can look identical on the outside but be priced thousands of dollars apart.

I think $4-5,000 is in the right ballpark for a restored N series, and even those seem to sit for a long time before they sell. Once you start getting beyond that price, in addition to an absolutely perfect restoration I start looking for rare accessories. The half tracks, the snow blade, the dual rear tires, a high crop version, cab, "Ford Farming" grill screen, etc. An early 9N with the aluminum hood and grill would certainly fall into the $6,000 range but there were only a few hundred of those made in 1939.

Collectors can be an odd bunch, and if the right guy came along that just fell in love with that specific tractor they might pay whatever the asking price was to have it. Finding that guy can take a long while though, if it ever happens.
    rtgt, Levi, Jeff R. and 2 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements