What is the brand name of the tractor?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the brand name of the tractor?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

Question What is the brand name of the tractor?

I saw a not so well known brand of articulated 4WD farm tractor while traveling. It is located inside an area where there is tall metal panel fencing and only was able to see the tractor because the gates were open. Last year, I read about an individual trying to locate one of these. I just cannot remember the name of the manufacturer at the moment and could not see any lettering from the highway.

This tractor weighs somewhere around 25,000 to 30,000 lbs. It has a cab, is diesel powered, and is tan and white in color. Don't know if the tractor I saw had a 3 point hitch or was a bare back. It had four sets of duals installed. Looks to be rated somewhere from 300 HP to maybe even 500 HP. My mind makes me tempted to say it was made in Kansas possibly. I've done several online searches and still haven't located the brand.

It's a less familiar name and may have been bought out or discontinued in the 1970's or 1980's. I don't think there were very many of this brand made.

Anyone have any ideas? I didn't have time to stop and see the machine up closer or to ask around who the property owner is. It is not a Wagner, Versatile, or Steiger.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Bit of a shot in the dark, but a "Big Bud"??? It's in Montana now. Google it.

What about Belarus? "White"?

-Jer.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The mystery continues............. The behemoth tractor I was enquiring about has been sold and moved. Still don't know for sure what brand it was. A lady who works nearby where it was sitting at, went by to check on it for me, since it's several hundred miles away.

I found out who owns the land and hopefully will get an answer from him. He buys and sells equipment of all kinds, is what I was told.

If it wasn't for my keen tractor sensing eyes and general lust for tractors, I probably wouldn't have spotted that big machine. I'm beginning to think that the sixth sense is the ability to smell tractors hidden behind steel privacy fencing or any other obstruction.

Wait,...... I think I smell something now. Better sign off now so I can go investigate.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Bit of a shot in the dark, but a "Big Bud"??? It's in Montana now. Google it.

What about Belarus? "White"?

-Jer.
    Yeah, those are really cool. It wasn't a Big Bud. But, thanks for that suggestion. I'd like to see one of those up close for sure.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Did Belarus ever make an articulated tractor?
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-24-2013 @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    Would you recognize the brand upon seeing it? Should check out tractor data and run down the line of tractors too see if it pops in your head (here's the link: TractorData.com - Farm tractors)
    2005 Deere 110 TLB - 3rd function loader, 3 rear remotes, thumb, top n tilt
    2000 Deere 5410 - 541 SL loader, 2 rear remotes, canopy
    2005 Deere Diesel HPX Gator - homemade cab, snow plow, hydraulic dump
    1953 Farmall Cub - front plow
    1984 Ford F8000 - Cat 3208 Diesel, 5+2 transmission, 8 yard dump
    2006 GMC 4500 Topkick Pickup outfitted by Monroe Truck

Everyone has a fair turn to be as great as he pleases - Jeremy Collier

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Did Belarus ever make an articulated tractor?
    I'm tempted to say Yes, but I could be wrong. Seen some of their larger ones in videos, but don't recall if they just had crab steering or actually pivoted in the center. They did make some bigguns.
    Is that company still going? There used to be a dealer not far away, but he changed over to selling Kubota's.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    Would you recognize the brand upon seeing it? Should check out tractor data and run down the line of tractors too see if it pops in your head (here's the link: TractorData.com - Farm tractors)
    It's possible that I might recognize it. Been looking all over to see if any others look similar. Wish I could've had a better view of it. I'm waiting to hear from the guy who owns the land where it was sitting at.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green and red man View Post
    ]Is that company still going? There used to be a dealer not far away, but he changed over to selling Kubota's.
    I have no idea. I've noticed a handful of them around here, but they're all older models and there's no dealership within a two or three hour drive that I know of. I've almost bought one a couple of times. I like the rough, rugged design of the machine. It was meant to be repaired when there were no parts available, which means it should be super easy to work on. I've seen a few that even have down pressure on the three point.

My hang up is, there seems to be very little support in the US if you need parts. They're known as cheap horsepower, but they aren't very refined machines.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Guys:

I don't know much about Belarus, although there were a couple in northeast PA. I do know that they are built in the old Soviet Union, which puts them on the bottom of my list, about even with Chinese built. I believe that they are now called MTK or MTZ. Apparently, the Russians have learned about rebranding.

Is the articulated tractor a JI Case? Case built an articulated in the 70's, I believe. They weren't tan and white, but tan and orange.

Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast