While on a road trip back in the 1990's, I happened to see a large articulated tractor(non Deere) sitting by itself . Ever since then I have driven back into the countryside to see it again. Being the tractor nut that I am, I admittedly have tractor lust. I also love a challenge. Right now, I do have enough project tractors to keep my busy, but I cannot get that behemoth out of my mind. Yes, I have a thing for big machines and small ones too. It will take some time, money, and effort to move the tractor.
Here's some of the known challenges I'll face upon trying to move it.
1. It has 8 wheels(4 sets of duals)on it right now. The duals will have to be removed in order to put it on a trailer.
2. Weighs somewhere between 25,000 and 30,000 pounds. The engine alone weighs 6000+ pounds. Gonna have to probably invest in a big engine hoist and maybe special stand.
3. It has not run in many years. If I could get it running it would make the loading of it onto a trailer far less complicated and less chance of damaging anything. But, it appears that getting it running where it sits right now is not realistic.
4. Will have to hire a heavy duty truck and trailer to haul it.
5. There is limited room to back a large trailer through the gate opening and avoid the house that sits on the front of the property.
6. It will have to be hauled through the one gate opening, as there is a deep ditch along the front and a barbed wire fence. The property faces a two-lane country highway.
I probably won't attempt to buy it right now, but want to do the necessary brain storming way in advance just in case.