Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: Case 2270 Won't Go Into Reverse

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-04-2016 @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks

Case 2270 Won't Go Into Reverse

Had a really bad time with the hydraulic screen. Had to take it out twice and clean what looked like the inside of hoses. Chanced filters twice and then the transmission started working but after a day of cutting hay the reverse went out. What would be the first place to look?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks

Recheck screens & filters

Since you've already seen an issue once, I would recheck the screens and filters. Unfortunately, you may have a real issue if you are seeing parts of seals show up. That's not good news. Are you using OEM hydraulic fluid? I don't know if your specs call for Hy-Tran or the upgrade, Hy-Tran Plus or something different.

Treefarmer
    johnH123 likes this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    01-16-2017 @ 02:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Since you've already seen an issue once, I would recheck the screens and filters. Unfortunately, you may have a real issue if you are seeing parts of seals show up. That's not good news. Are you using OEM hydraulic fluid? I don't know if your specs call for Hy-Tran or the upgrade, Hy-Tran Plus or something different.

Treefarmer
    Hy-Tran was replaced and superseded by Hy-Tran Plus and that was superceded by Hy-Tran Ultra which as superseded about 3 years ago by Hy-Tran UltraAction which is current for use in IH and the latest Case-IH tractors with IH ancestry. A straight Case like a 2290 uses something different, I can't remember what they call their oil, THD or something like that and with the reputation the Case power shifts have I would use that oil only.

Hy-Tran is expensive, but I doubt there's a better transmission & hydraulic oil made. Hy-Tran absorbs up to 1% condensed water out of gearboxes. I've heard some brands of wet clutch friction plates are bonded to the steel backing plates that the glue dissolves in water or the presence of moisture. Hy-Tran should not be used in those machines. I think a JI Case falls in that group.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements