Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Two Wheel Tractor?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks

Two Wheel Tractor?

I have an old simplicity two wheel tractor, implements include, tiller, sickle mower, reel mower, sulky to ride on behind. Some one has put a set of old mudgrips on it for tires. I dont have a clue what to do with it? Do these things have any value? It needs some TLC and would be good to go. If anyone knows much about these things I would love to hear your comments. Thanks for reading.
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Thanks
    I never knew Simplicity made a two-wheeled tractor. That's actually pretty cool!

I've had Gravely two-wheeled tractors for most of my life. I can attest to the fact that there's a ton you can do with a little walk behind. I actually just picked up another one on Friday so I can have one dedicated with a mower and another that can have the brush hog on it most of the time and then swap on the rotary plow or the snow blade when necessary.

I don't watch "American Restoration" on History very often, but I did catch one episide where some guy brought in an old David Bradly two-wheeled tractor to get restored. They charged him $10k to restore a tractor that was probably worth $2k when they were done with it. The only thing the guy wanted to do with it was to pull his grandkids around on a cart behind it!

Anyway, back to your original question... There's probably some value to it, but you'll probably have to search around for a buyer. I Googled "simplicity two wheeled tractor" and got a bunch of hits. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that there's a dedicated collectors group out there somewhere. Can you put it to use around your place? If so, do the TLC on it yourself and have a handly little workhorse around your place!

How did you end up with this tractor? Can you post up some pics?
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,086 Posts
    I'm sure there's a collector somewhere that would love to own a Simplicity two wheel tractor. There used to be a Simplicity/ Allis Chalmers garden tractor group at www.simpletractors.com, you might check over there.
    Levi and papaw1962 like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-01-2019 @ 03:18 PM
    Thanks
    If you were in China, I'd say make a truck out of it. These things are everywhere over there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5335605240_b03dd2aaf9_b.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	225546
    Jason

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I never knew Simplicity made a two-wheeled tractor. That's actually pretty cool!

I've had Gravely two-wheeled tractors for most of my life. I can attest to the fact that there's a ton you can do with a little walk behind. I actually just picked up another one on Friday so I can have one dedicated with a mower and another that can have the brush hog on it most of the time and then swap on the rotary plow or the snow blade when necessary.

I don't watch "American Restoration" on History very often, but I did catch one episide where some guy brought in an old David Bradly two-wheeled tractor to get restored. They charged him $10k to restore a tractor that was probably worth $2k when they were done with it. The only thing the guy wanted to do with it was to pull his grandkids around on a cart behind it!

Anyway, back to your original question... There's probably some value to it, but you'll probably have to search around for a buyer. I Googled "simplicity two wheeled tractor" and got a bunch of hits. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that there's a dedicated collectors group out there somewhere. Can you put it to use around your place? If so, do the TLC on it yourself and have a handly little workhorse around your place!

How did you end up with this tractor? Can you post up some pics?

An older farmer had it in his barn, at a neighboring farm..just wanted it out of his way so me being me drug it home, tinkered with it a little and actually did use it some. yes it is pretty cool but compared to ease of use to to days stuff lol...anyway just was curious if there was any interest in such a thing out there. I will try to get some pics up of it. Thanks for the reply.
    Levi and mark02tj like this.
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    If you would like, ship the tractor and all attachments to me for a professional-grade value assessment. No cost to you but the shipping. You'll receive a full written report on the value as a package and as individual sales for all attachments. Normal turn around time is approximately 20 years, depending on how busy I am and how useful to me the item is. PM me if interested.

Have a nice day!

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Thanks
    I enjoy a 2 wheel tractor almost daily,,,

They are my exercise,,, and they get something done.

I have to admit, when the temp hits 90 degrees plus,,,the 2 wheel tractors stay parked!
    It was only 85 today, so my 5665 Gravely was out trimming fence rows,,,
    ejb69, BigJim55, mark02tj and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    I enjoy a 2 wheel tractor almost daily,,,

They are my exercise,,, and they get something done.

I have to admit, when the temp hits 90 degrees plus,,,the 2 wheel tractors stay parked!
    It was only 85 today, so my 5665 Gravely was out trimming fence rows,,,
    Hay, someone forgot to put a seat on them tractors. They also seem to be missing a couple wheels. LOL
    CADplans and papaw1962 like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to H-D dealer dude For This Useful Post:

Kloudbuster (08-21-2016)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    Hay, someone forgot to put a seat on them tractors. They also seem to be missing a couple wheels. LOL
    BUT,,, two of them have steering brakes!!

They can have a seat,,, and more wheels,,,

Will that do??

Tomfive, ejb69, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Thanks
    I just bought a 5665 the other day. Not nearly as shiny as yours! It will be a nice complement to my 5465. I got the tractor (with dual wheels and steering brakes) and 46" (approx) deck for $650. Not too bad. The duals look undersized - like off an old L-model. I called Richard's Gravely and bought a set of the bigger ag tires to replace them. Actually, I'm going to take the turfs off my 5465 and put them on the 5665 and then put the ags on the 5465. The 5665 will be dedicated to mowing and I'll use the brush hog or snow blade on the 5465.

At some point I hope to be able to refurb them to look like yours!!
    papaw1962 likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast