Voltage regulator help

Thread: Voltage regulator help

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-02-2017 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks

Voltage regulator help

The guy I had rebuild the starter/generator in my little Sears tractor told me that he would bet good money that the cause of the starter/generator failure was probably a bad voltage regulator. After checking with my dad, it is the original voltage regulator to that tractor; or at the very least, it hasn't been replaced since the early 1980's. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea what the part number for the regulator is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	247081

I can't find any markings on the thing other than "Delco-Remy Made in USA"

The engine is a 16hp Briggs and Stratton I/C series horizontal shaft single cylinder. The electrical system is 12 volt, negative ground.

Even if I had the tractor's parts manual, it originally had a 14hp engine (although it was also a Briggs and Stratton I/C).

Please help!
    My M is currently sidelined with a severe hydraulic leak and my grass is starting to get a bit tall.
    '50 Model M w/electronic ignition, 12v conversion, and a 3pt conversion plus a homemade snowplow, a Deere Model 51 trailer plow, a Woods RM59 finish mower, a Bark Buster splitter, and a few other toys.
    '69 Sears Suburban 14 48" deck and 42" back blade, an estate rake, and a sweeper.
    '07 F250 XL Powerstroke, crew cab, short box, 4x4.
    '85 F150... I finally sold my very first truck after racking up over half-a-million miles on the original drivetrain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 05:58 AM
    Thanks
    Try to find the plate or stamp on the engine that has the Briggs & Stratton model number. Thats the only way too be certain what regulator you need.

Tom

2010 JD LA115 mower w/bagger
    2011 JD 10P dump cart
    2016 JD 1025R TLB: H120 loader w/ 49" bucket - 260 BH w/12" bucket - 60D MMM w/auto PTO - iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch toothbar | Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks | Ken's Seat Springs | Ken's Diff Pedal | Edge Tamers
    Frontier 2048 Box blade | Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    2016 Cyclone Rake model Z-10

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BetterThanATonka For This Useful Post:

Evergreen (10-05-2016)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements