TORO personal pace mower

Thread: TORO personal pace mower

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,583 Posts

TORO personal pace mower

Daughter's FIL bought a new personal pace rear drive push mower 3 yrs ago last mo. I use this mower (at least tried to use)every week. In the past 3 yrs Toro replaced the left rear wheel at least 8 if not 10 times. Never tried finding out what was causing this problem just replaced wheel . Last fall we were told not to use the mower on a hill ??????????? because that was helping chew up the PLASTIC GEARS ON THE WHEEL and TORO put metal gears coming from transmission .
    Sent Toro last fall several emails asking them if they would please fix the problem instead of doing bandaid repairs. Nohelp !! This spring I sent a email to CEO and customer service telling the CEO what had taken place over the last 2 almost 3 yrs. He agreed to fix mower , took mower to different shop they replaced the rear wheel and dealer and factory rep said nothing else was wrong. I picked up mower from dealer mowed my lawn and wheel was already being chewed up.
    Took mower back to dealer doing repairs. This was May 9,, yesterday I picked the mower up from dealer never repaired , daughter FIL had had enough.
    Today while picking up our Gator from JD dealer , JD dealer was kind enough to take a $100.00 off the price of a Honda rear drive mower(not the one doing the repairs on TORO). I did tell the JD dealer everything that had taken place with the mower. I brought the new mower home today and will take it over to daughter FIL tomorrow.
    I sent TORO CEO a email telling him he won this one, not fixing the problem of one of his mowers. But also told him we would tell everyone we could, how poor Toro customer service was never replying to us or to the dealer to fix the problem. According to Toro dealer they had been trying for the past 3-4 weeks to talk to the customer rep at TORO to see if they had planned on doing anything else to mower.
    Yes I told him he may have some of the best line of mowers on the market , but we would not be buying and would tell everyone not to buy one.

Hoping I can mow now for the next couple of years without needing to take mower back to the dealer everyweek or mo .

Sorry just needed to do a little venting !!
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    That kind of thing is frustrating! Sounds like "El Toro" was a "La Vaca"!
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    Or "el Caca."
    I have more ideas than ambition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Thanks
    I think you'll like the Honda a lot better.
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks , we both talked about the Honda and sure seems like a better design .

In all fairness to TORO and I did tell the CEO the mower did a nice job mowing ,but after mowing the first day at 5 different locations on his property I could tell something wasn't right with rear wheel. Next week went to start mower starter pull cord pulled out, while at dealer I mentioned to them about the wheel and low rpm of engine.. Oh I guess we never set the rpm on this mower , sorry about that, fixed pull cord , replaced wheel and we were told they put a bushing I forgot where to correct the wearing problem of the rear wheel. Mower back to dealer at least 3 more time from May till end of mowing , and then 5 or 6 more times the next yr and twice this yr. At end of last mowing season he told me forget about mower and he would buy a new one this summer. That is when I sent Toro email , no true help then . This spring is when I sent the CEO and customer service telling him of all the problems. They gave us 3 locations we could take mower for repairs one of them the seller of mower ,one other one in Morgantown and one about 40 miles away . Since seller couldn't find problem , didn't want to , or what ever, that is when we took it to the other dealer.

The FIL when he bought this mower wasn't told this series of mower had the plastic gears on the wheel and next series had metal gears . The only problem could not interchange the 2 parts , different number of gears on wheels plus one was a 21 other 22" so could not change transmission and put it and wheels on his mower.
    Hoping no more problems for several years with this new push mower.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks
    Sounds like a "SNAFU" situation to me. Appreciate the tip as I'm getting ready to buy a trim mower.

I'll certainly not choose TORO.

Thanks . . .
    Ralph T
    Benefactor Member NRA

==============================================

JD 2038R w/Rimguard loaded R4 tires, wheel spacers, LED lights, fender extensions, IMatch, Heavy Hitch, 8-42 lb suitcase weights, Frontier middle buster.

220R FEL with 57" materials bucket, Heavy Hitch tooth bar & Hitch'N Can, KBOH hooks, clevises & receiver hitch.

EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple

JD Z960M with Tweels, Suspension Seat, Advanced Chute System, Hitch

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Mowed with the Honda today ,,,nice machine. With ball bearings on all 4 wheels, several times today I noticed I wasn't using the rear wheel drive just pushing the mower ..
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    By the sounds of that Toro, I have to ask the question...when did Ryobi start making mowers?

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 09:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    By the sounds of that Toro, I have to ask the question...when did Ryobi start making mowers?
    Ryobi does make mowers. I own one of their 40V lithium ion mowers.
    Deere 3520, 300cx loader 4-in-1 bucket, 485 BH w/ thumb, Artillian forks, Frontier BB2060, Tarter 6' rake, Caroni TM1900BSC
    Deere Gator TE
    Deere X750

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I hope your Ryobi mower works better than the Ryobi gas trimmer I had for two seasons before I threw it in the trash.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements