Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fuelhog2000

Thread: Kubota dealer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

Kubota dealer

Just so nobody misunderstands, this is not a thread meant to taddle on a dealer. It's just something that at times I can't help but wonder about.

There is a Kubota dealer where I stopped to look at tractors only once. At the time, I was looking to buy a new cab tractor and was just curious about what new things Kubota was offering on their machines. While there, I checked out the interior of the largest cab tractor on the place and made small talk with the owner of the dealership.

It was then that I noticed how when the place is closed at the end of each day, several new tractors are started and moved to block the two main entrances and exits. There's a low pipe fence that surrounds the place, with matching low height pipe gates at the entrances/exits.

When you think about that some of those tractors sit there for quite a while before being sold, all that use just to use them as blockades will eventually add up. I'm not suggesting that the minimal use is harming them, but instead it should make the price go down, yet you know it won't.

Think about it, some of them are started twice a day, 6 days a week, for months.

I don't understand why the owner doesn't just spend the extra $$$$ and put up proper fencing and gates. Now I realize that if a determined crook wants something bad enough, no fence or gate will stop them and certainly parking high priced cab tractors in their way won't either.

Last edited by green and red man; 06-22-2013 at 09:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Funny you bring that up. I'd never thought about it before, but the local Kubota dealer here did the same thing. They had one cab tractor on the lot that they used to block the main gate at the end of the workday.

Not sure what happened to them. Drove by a new weeks ago and all the Kubota signs had been taken down, but they still had machines on the lot. Noticed all the new machines disappeared, then the handful of used tractors and implements seem to be gone. Not sure if they just closed up, or lost the dealership rights or what.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:13 PM
    Thanks
    A few car dealers around here block their entrance with cars/trucks when closed. It may help keep vandals out. Some of the local tractor and car dealers have put up fences and close the gates when closed. The days of being able to just drive though a dealers lot to see what the new stuff looks like on a sunday afternoon are numbered.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Thanks
    The dealers sound penny wise and dollar foolish.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    We have a local Kubota dealer that has a tall fence around their lot. But, every day, they move a number of machines (probably 8-10) out and park them outside the fence. So, now you are talking about 8-10 machines getting the treatment you mention. I have wondered the same thing. If you buy a machine with 10 hours on it, would you expect that to have been 100 start cycles?

Lee
    2305, 200CX loader w/53" bucket, 62C MMM, and 47 SB.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ljnelson109 View Post
    We have a local Kubota dealer that has a tall fence around their lot. But, every day, they move a number of machines (probably 8-10) out and park them outside the fence. So, now you are talking about 8-10 machines getting the treatment you mention. I have wondered the same thing. If you buy a machine with 10 hours on it, would you expect that to have been 100 start cycles? Lee
    I think you are on to something. Wouldn't think a buyer would be comforted with that info after the sale. After I spoke with the owner of the dealership while seated in the largest tractor, he mentioned how it had been such a good machine and had used it on his farm. HUH????

I'm familiar with demo's, but after all the plowing the tractor had done at his farm, the price was still the same. That was my first and last time there. He used to sell Belarus tractors back in the 1980's at the same location.

Last edited by green and red man; 06-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-01-2019 @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks
    Sure seems like a lot of wear and tear on the battery and starter. Not to mention the fact that the engine never gets up to temperature to burn off condensation in the crankcase.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2
    green and red man likes this.
    2011 1026R 54"MMM, D120 loader w/snowbucket and bucket quick attach conversion, 5' bush hog, middlebuster, 260 backhoe
    Remember: Too tight is two pieces

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements