Like Tree2441Likes

Thread: The I'm not getting a new tractor support group thread

1. Top | #291
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    Very early in our marriage, my wife emphasized that she firmly believes in the "til death do us part" vow.
    I used to think that was great. Now it sorta worries me...
    I taught mine how to shoot and I have made sure that she has some really good choices if she decides to invoke the "death do us part".
    Gizmo2, Bubber, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #292
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    My wife told me if I ever leave her she’s coming with me
    My wife tells me What's hers, is hers, what's mine is hers and what's ours is hers..........and she then says "You can't afford to leave me, you wouldn't be able to afford the child support"*.......she's probably right.

My K9 kids won't even eat "generic cheese slices", they only want the Kraft brand for taking their pills.......
    Gizmo2, Bubber, pappa and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #293
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Thanks
    Try bologna
    Gizmo2, Bubber, rtgt and 2 others like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, imatch, Frontier 2060L, Rimguard, Bunch of homemade stuff

WARNING-
    I will spontaneously spout off nonsense at any given time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #294
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 1,136 Posts
    lots of good reading with these posts.

i bought this instead of a new tractor--
    it also does this too---

so i'm also not getting a new tractor -probably never nowbut i'm ok with that since i got the Caddy now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181212_125648_Burst01.jpg   20181117_113519.jpg  
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Bubber and 5 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

7. Top | #295
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    I taught mine how to shoot and I have made sure that she has some really good choices if she decides to invoke the "death do us part".
    Same here, and now she has been eyeballing a S & W revolver, maybe I should start changing the channel when Dateline comes on.
    Gizmo2, Bubber, pappa and 3 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #296

Last Online
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Same here, and now she has been eyeballing a S & W revolver, maybe I should start changing the channel when Dateline comes on.

My wife hasn’t really shot any guns, and I’ve noticed that lately she’s been watching a show called “how to get away with murder”
    Gizmo2, Bubber, rtgt and 3 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

9. Top | #297
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    My wife tells me What's hers, is hers, what's mine is hers and what's ours is hers..........and she then says "You can't afford to leave me, you wouldn't be able to afford the child support"*.......she's probably right.

My K9 kids won't even eat "generic cheese slices", they only want the Kraft brand for taking their pills.......
    I tell Mrs. P. that I have backhoe insurance if anything goes awry in our marriage. I learned that divorce can be real costly the first time. Now I can just dig a hole! Mrs. P. had a father who was the head sheriff who taught his children how to shoot at a young age. Sometimes I think she likes target practice too much!

My tractor will be 9 years old in January with about 450 hours. Should I be tractor shopping or stay in the club?
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Bubber and 4 others like this.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

10. Top | #298
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,150 Times in 3,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    My wife told me if I ever leave her she’s coming with me
    You're lucky, my wife told me to leave the tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    My wife hasn’t really shot any guns, and I’ve noticed that lately she’s been watching a show called “how to get away with murder”
    Too funny.
    Bubber, rtgt, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #299
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Actually, she keeps track of the written reports I give her for my tractor work and when she saw the old tractor had earned more than 8x what it cost originally, she saw the opportunity to "Increase cash flow", which is exactly what happened when I bought the new tractor. In just two years, it has already earned more than 2x what it cost in total with all implements and accessories, and ironically, that number is very close to what 8x the original tractors cost equaled......So she, being the CFO, wisely saw an opportunity to increase revenues, which has happened.....

Plus, she got tired of me coming back into bed at 6am after plowing snow outside for 3 hours and as she put it "Your body is radiating so much cold, I have to turn up my electric blanket", which of course, raises the electric bill, which costs money.......So, the CFO's are usually very wise in their decision making, especially after 35 years of doing so..........

Also, when your legs are so cold to the touch that the CFO won't get within 2 feet of you, there is no chance for getting "warmed up" any other way......( wink, wink)........so that is also out.............See there is all sorts of practicality in her decision making, plus she loves me and doesn't want anything bad to happen to me. When I had the recent health scare, she was like a TIGER on the phone with the doctors office and she got me in to see the doctor and had all of the tests and procedures scheduled to find out for sure what was going on, within 24 hours of when the problem surfaced. In fact, she told me yesterday, she was going to call the doctor directly if she had to, to get what she wanted.........She is like a Pitbull when she needs to be, plus its heart warming to know she cares so much...........

The two most impressive parts of when I got the new tractor were, 1. When I handed her the paid receipt for the tractor and all implements and accessories, she replied "That's not as much as I thought it was going to cost" and I didn't hold back when I bought the equipment and 2. I have even gotten her now to drive the tractor and help me with things where she has had to operate the tractor and she is willing to do so......which has a long term benefit......now watch carefully.........

Of course, I had her help me when it was 85 degrees outside on a bright sunny day, so she would ride in the cab with the windows open and she said after a few minutes "it gets pretty warm in here doesn't it? To which you wisely reply, "Oh yes, you ought to see what its like after several hours in the sun" and I GUARANTEE YOU, she will eventually reply, just as did Mrs. Bear with "Do they make these with air conditioning?"........See, you ALWAYS have to be working towards the end goal.............

JD-4100, we need to work on a little polishing of your technique. We have to get her so she allows you to take the lead with the sales people and with the big purchases, so you don't end up with a RED TRACTOR in the garage, next to the Jeep. But we can do that, I will start working on a Master's Level Course for you (and others who want to learn these highly successful and tried and true techniques with proven results) on the entire "Convincing the CFO to let you get what you want"......

(Not sure if we should allow Diane in this class.......what do you guys think? These are carefully crafted and well honed secrets and techniques we will be discussing here and we have to be careful these aren't used against US for our spouses to get what THEY want....We will have to think about this some more.....)

Now, not that the two are exclusively related, but below is a photo of Mrs. Bear's Birthday and Anniversary Present recently, it's a new Pandora Bracelet with the charms which mean the most to her. In her case, they are dog and puppy charms and also Christmas related charms, like the "Christmas Train" on the bracelet.

Also, it helps when you ignore what she says and you get her something she insists she doesn't yet need, like the new Duck Shoes shown below. Plus, I did what she always does to me, when she makes me get new boots, I threw the old ones away so she has to wear the new ones....I took the photo's to show her why she needed to upgrade to the new boots. She wears them out in the yard, etc. and it was past time for new one's , but every time I brought them up, she kept saying "My old Duck Shoes are just fine for working outside". Well, now the new one's are even better.

Important tip, {Don't actually throw the old shoes or old item in the trash until you see the entire reaction when she finds the new item, just tell her you "got rid of the old ones", but keep them in the garage or something, to fully measure her response. If she doesn't care you got rid of the old item, then throw it in the trash, but if she isn't happy when you tell her you disposed of the old item, tell her you can still get it back and then produce it within 60 seconds, and she will be impressed you are that organized to know where her old shoes, boots, etc are located.}

Today's Teaching point.....Never actually throw anything away which is "HERS" without first gauging the response as described above or you can set back your new tractor plans YEARS, over something as simple as a pair of shoes........This is tricky business and requires careful steps and planning......and I am no rookie at this any longer........

Ok, it looks like I am going to have to form an online training class for others on the art of "Convincing the CFO" that a new tractor is a good idea..This is going to be intensive and require home work.......and class projects, but I don't see any class trips in the schedule any time soon.

We will start with the basics and work from there........Enrollment will be announced soon.

Oh, and one other important tip, if things go completely off the rails and you ever do get to the point where she is going to contact a divorce lawyer, do yourself a HUGE FAVOR and contact the best attorney's in your area first just to "Interview them". You see once they have even spoken with you, they can't represent her as its not ethical and this also removes the most worrisome lawyers from the process, so all she is left with are the less qualified and less dangerous attorney's

and heck, I can squash them like a bug...................without a lawyer of my own.........

How do you know who the "best and most dangerous divorce attorneys are in your area?" Simple, just pay attention to those who you meet and might know form work, etc who have had their clocks cleaned in a divorce and make sure to ask the name of their spouses attorney and put that name in your database for future reference.

After all, actual results are the best evidence of their danger and skill, and you want to eliminate the most ardent competitors from the game before it even starts......also, note the name of the lawyer who got their butts kicked representing those who lost and move them down the list and don't waste time and money interviewing them early in the process.

Another very important point. Don't get caught interviewing divorce attorney UNTIL you might actually need them. If you do this proactively when things are going well and she finds out about your activities, then you will need to speed up the process because you will likely need one of the attorneys sooner, rather than later. This is tricky stuff here and must be done very carefully....It's like juggling knives, one wrong move and the wounds can be severe.

Yes, this might cost you a little money, but trust me, it will save you much more money in the long run..............and remember, I have been married for 35 years so I am no rookie at this. These are tried and true techniques being shared here, not some "book theory" from some online course which is just interested in getting your tuition money............

Having to get new wives is very expensive and really screws up the long term financial plan. Choose wisely first and avoid giving away your hard earned money to lawyers and former spouses and its easier to get new tractors. This could have been one of the courses in the new class.......oh well, we can cover it in more detail if needed.........

Diesel Shadow was right, I know this terrain very well....and navigate it carefully. You want to be a hero like "Sulley the Pilot" who saved his plane load of passengers by safely landing on the river in NY and NOT like the Captain of the Titantic, who went down with the ship........(notice the name of the real life hero....)

You just got Course 1 at no charge......"But wait, if you sign up in the next 5 minutes we will DOUBLE your order for only a small shipping and handling charge"...........

Man does not live by bread alone, nor iron bars a cage. "Sometimes you need to buy something just because you want it!" (Me).
    Gizmo2, pappa, rtgt and 4 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

12. Top | #300
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 2,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Man does not live by bread alone, nor iron bars a cage. "Sometimes you need to buy something just because you want it!" (Me).
    It has always amazed me over the years in forums like this and pickups etc. I just can’t believe all the guys who need “permission” or have to beg and barter to buy themselves a tractor or truck. Reminds me of little kids wanting a toy at the store but their Mommy won’t buy it.

Guess I’m lucky in that my wife always is just happy for me when I buy something. Besides she knows that I am my own biggest enemy when it comes to buying anything - I always have to justify it to myself first.

My wife is the opposite - she won’t buy anything for herself including clothes and shoes. I have to push and push her. Whenever I do buy something I tell her I am trying to show her an example for her to follow but it never works.
    rtgt, PJR832, Kbar and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast