Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sorry I have to vent !!!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,580 Posts

Sorry I have to vent !!!

Wife ordered a floral arrangement from a Local Florist (Morgantown) that we have used for over 20 yrs , never a problem. She uses them for the day care see works and never a problem.
    They were for our daughters FIl and since she was in the area stopped in at florist to pick up the order instead of them making a delivery. She questioned them if the arrangement was correct because she had talked with her mom and was told she ordered the next step up instead of the base one. I think it was a extra $20.00 , according to photos at various FTD siites there should be 15-18 Red Roses .. This one had 6 SIX...
    That afternoon called and left a message about our complaint ,, no return phone calls. Left another message after Christmas ,no return Phone calls .Today I stated on phone line for close to 30 min to talk to a live person. We were told FTD only required them to put in 6 roses even with thou photos on their website shows 15-18..
    Really sounds like false advertisement to me. !! I'm planning on giving them one more chance to either credit our card or I have papers ready ,along with photos to send to the AG ofc of WV.

With tax, delivery $8.00 and arrangement ,total price close to a $100.00 not talking a $35-50 order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20131226_165507_212.jpg  
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Wife ordered a floral arrangement from a Local Florist (Morgantown) that we have used for over 20 yrs , never a problem. She uses them for the day care see works and never a problem.
    They were for our daughters FIl and since she was in the area stopped in at florist to pick up the order instead of them making a delivery. She questioned them if the arrangement was correct because she had talked with her mom and was told she ordered the next step up instead of the base one. I think it was a extra $20.00 , according to photos at various FTD siites there should be 15-18 Red Roses .. This one had 6 SIX...
    That afternoon called and left a message about our complaint ,, no return phone calls. Left another message after Christmas ,no return Phone calls .Today I stated on phone line for close to 30 min to talk to a live person. We were told FTD only required them to put in 6 roses even with thou photos on their website shows 15-18..
    Really sounds like false advertisement to me. !! I'm planning on giving them one more chance to either credit our card or I have papers ready ,along with photos to send to the AG ofc of WV.

With tax, delivery $8.00 and arrangement ,total price close to a $100.00 not talking a $35-50 order.

How many other businesses do you order from and never see the finished product that you paid for. Most of the time when you order flowers, you never see the finished product, so you would never know whether the delivered product was what you thought you were getting. I suspect we get ripped off more than we get a fair deal in these cases. I would follow through with your threat. If enough people do that, maybe this can get corrected.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I used to send my Mom flowers all the time via FTD. The only thing controlling the end product is the arrainging florest at the destination. Good ones = nice arraingements, etc.

Here's some FTD corporate contact info:

FTD Corporate Office Headquarters HQ
    FTD, Inc. (FTD.com)
    3113 Woodcreek Dr.
    Downers Grove, IL 60515 USA
    Corporate Phone Number: 1-630-719-7800
    Fax Number: 1-630-719-6170
    Customer Service Number: 1-800-736-3383

(I did notice that they are in "DOWNERS GROVE" Illinois... coincidence?)
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroHarold For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (12-31-2013)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    I've been to Downers Grove. It's just a suburb of Chicago. Good luck on getting your money back. Last time I dealt with false advertising I just got my credit card company involved and removed my money from the worthless vendor.

Jim
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
    I've been to Downers Grove. It's just a suburb of Chicago. Good luck on getting your money back. Last time I dealt with false advertising I just got my credit card company involved and removed my money from the worthless vendor. Jim
    That's good if your card will cover things like that. Credit cards ain't what they used to be in getting problems fixed. You have to read ALL the fine print on the card contract. Some have limits on how far away the purchase was, type of item/service, etc. I had a large framed print sent from Utah about 10 years ago that arrived damaged. Some of the damage was from an unfaded spot on the matting (dealer removed store title tag) and some was poor packing. I got 100% reimbursement. Today that same card limitations would not cover the damages.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    I used to send my Mom flowers all the time via FTD. The only thing controlling the end product is the arrainging florest at the destination. Good ones = nice arraingements, etc.

Here's some FTD corporate contact info:

FTD Corporate Office Headquarters HQ
    FTD, Inc. (FTD.com)
    3113 Woodcreek Dr.
    Downers Grove, IL 60515 USA
    Corporate Phone Number: 1-630-719-7800
    Fax Number: 1-630-719-6170
    Customer Service Number: 1-800-736-3383

(I did notice that they are in "DOWNERS GROVE" Illinois... coincidence?)
    Thanks for the info, when I talked with the FTD where you call to place a order last evening I was told very sorry to hear about this and we want to help ,,,BUT since we placed order through the florist and not them , there was nothing they could do. I still may try and call them letting them know we are very unhappy with one of their florist.
    Here is the photo on website of several FTD Florist including , where we ordered the flowers from . Doesn't come close to what we received.
    I'm going to call the shop today and ask to talk with the owner or person in charge and see what or if anything they will do. Yesterday , the women never made a offer to say sorry , we can give a credit or a discount , nothing. Except sorry but we are going by FTD guide lines and this is all the flowers we are required to put in the arrangement !!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T13X300B.jpg  
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

10. Top | #7
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    While the arrangement you sent is nice, I do not find it to be close to what you thought you were paying for! I too hope that you can get some resolution, and a credit back on your card. I think what you received looks like a $50-60 arrangement, not a $100 one.

Sorry to hear of businesses doing this to those of us that trust them, but I roo suspect it happens more often than we want to think about.

Keep us posted on the outcome, please.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks
    Playing devils advocate here....

Why are you expecting the local florist to match the FTD picture when you didn't order from FTD?

Ordering directly from the florist cuts FTD out of the picture. FTD doesn't play a role in orders placed directly with a local florist.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psrumors View Post
    Playing devils advocate here....

Why are you expecting the local florist to match the FTD picture when you didn't order from FTD?

Ordering directly from the florist cuts FTD out of the picture. FTD doesn't play a role in orders placed directly with a local florist.
    Why , the florist is a FTD Agent not a shop that will make up a arrangement if you show them a photo. Also because this is what the florist showed on their website and this is what my wife thought she ordered .
    I would think if a person working for you at a distance location is providing the same thing you offer at your location is not doing so , you would what to know this and either ,ask them what is the problem or teach them to do the correct thing. If at the end no improvement on their part fire them and get someone that can provide the same product you are providing.
    Well it is what she ordered according to our bill matching the item # on our bill ,their website and FTD website. First photo is what daughter picked up ,l then the base model and then the one she ordered. Not close to what she had ordered....Looking at photos we didn't get close to the 2nd photo and it was the cheapest..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T13X300A.jpg   T13X300B.jpg   IMG_20131226_165507_212.jpg  
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Why , the florist is a FTD Agent not a shop that will make up a arrangement if you show them a photo. Also because this is what the florist showed on their website and this is what my wife thought she ordered .
    I would think if a person working for you at a distance location is providing the same thing you offer at your location is not doing so , you would what to know this and either ,ask them what is the problem or teach them to do the correct thing. If at the end no improvement on their part fire them and get someone that can provide the same product you are providing.
    Well it is what she ordered according to our bill matching the item # on our bill ,their website and FTD website. First photo is what daughter picked up ,l then the base model and then the one she ordered. Not close to what she had ordered....Looking at photos we didn't get close to the 2nd photo and it was the cheapest..
    I am not saying you didn't get messed over and shouldn't be fully refunded, just not sure how much FTD will get involved.

Now, with the FTD number listed on the sales receipt, that may make it a different story.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast