Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2LaneCruzer

Thread: Things that go Bump in the Night

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks

Things that go Bump in the Night

This incident happened about 3 or 4 years ago; out Grandkids were like four years old, and we kept them all day every day, except at night. This day had been particularly trying, and I woke up in the middle of the night, about 2 or 3 am. Unable to sleep, I went into Sharn Jean's sewing room, which also serves as the computer room. It was a particularly quiet night; the AC was not running, nor was the refrigerator or anything that made a noise, except the old Regulator clock that has been above the fireplace for the last 40 years or so.

I was piddling around on the computer, studying Einstein's theory of Relativity or the career of Marilyn Monroe, I don't recall which at the moment, when I thought I heard a muffled voice coming from the living room. I wasn't particularly scared; we live in a rural area, and at that time had two dogs that were pretty good at keeping us informed when someone was about; besides, if someone had broken in, I figured I would have heard it...but I was at a loss to explain the voices; and even though I wasn't scared, I was something close to it.

I got up from the computer, walked very slowly down the hall and then crept very cautiously into the living room. As my eyes slowly adjusted to the dark, I couldn't see anyone by the nightlight, nor could I see anything that looked out of place. I stood there for a minute, looking around, when I saw a dim blinking light, coming from the big laundry basket that we used as a toy box...and then came the voice loud and clear from the toybox: "To Infinity and beyond!!!"
    Last edited by 2LaneCruzer; 01-22-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    andy b. likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Good ol' Buzz Lightyear
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Good ol' Buzz Lightyear
    Yup..........the voice of Tim Allen. Good one!
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I have to tell this one on my best buddy (he'd do the same to me!) He was metal detecting very close to a place that was private property though still in the legal zone. All of a sudden he heard "HEY!" behind him. He spun around to face his accuser... nobody there, he didn't see anyone. So, not seeing anybody he started sweeping the machine back and forth again and got a very good signal in the headphones and then "HEY!" again from behind him... After the 3rd "HEY!" he began to think someone was screwing with him from the bushes and the hell with it, thought it was time to get back to the truck and leave...

So he gets home still wondering what was going on over there (a real good MD-ing area) when his wife comes in the door pretty steamed over not being able to reach him. "Didn't you hear me calling you on the "push to talk"... And then it hit him! He called me right away and they were still hysterical over it and I was glad to join in. Ah, the brand new miracle of push to talk...
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    "To Infinity and beyond!!!"
    The Co-Op (American Pride) that I belong to merged with Agfinity a year or so ago. I've noticed no negative effects from the merger; but when I go to the Ace Hardware or gas station that is part of the Co-Op I occasionally say, "To Fagfinity and beyond!"
    I have more ideas than ambition.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements