• 1 Post By etcallhome

Thread: Our minister.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,580 Posts

Our minister.

Our minister for the past 10-12 yrs hadn't been feeling well the last mo or so . Doctors had him in for some test , and more test and got the results this Tues of this week.
    They put a port in either today or yesterday, and will start Chemo either this coming week or the 1st of Feb

Was told he has,, Not curable, but treatable cancer , haven't talked with him since he received the info and just not sure want I will say to him. Yes I will tell him our family will be praying for him and his family and if he needs anything give a call. A neighbor told me this evening his sister had talked to Barry yesterday and Barry told her " the doctor told me not to get on the web and read about this cancer it will just make you sicker and put you in a down mood ,but just go home and read the Bible."
    Older brother had talked to him on Sunday. Barry has 3 churches , so we have him 2 Sundays a mo, my brother 2 Sundays a mo. and then the main church has him every Sunday. Barry wanted to resign this past Sunday ,but he was told no,, not till he felt he could not do his services .

On the ,guess lighter side , although it wasn't for me. The day of my mothers funeral ,Barry is standing graveside while we drove up the drive to the grave site. I'm trying to keep my grief in control , I look in the side mirror of our van and my SIL and my daughter are laughing their A_ _ off. I get out walk back to give them a piece of my mind in the sweetest voice. SIL stops me before I got 2 words out of my mouth.. "Did you see Barry fall in your Moms grave" he asked me. WHAT I asked,,,," Yea he was standing beside his wife took a step and down he went, Connie ,his wife, helped pull him out of the grave " he tells me.
    Never said a word to Barry till end of service, by that time word had gotten to my brothers . Barry and us boys had a big laugh , Mom was probably laughing to.. The back of his suit was covered with mud and clay , a rainy day , he had to chance clothes before coming to the church for lunch.

He was told he may have 3 yrs and my guess not good 3 yrs. He is 63, if you remember back his step sister was shot to death in a WalMart parking lot 2 yrs ago by her FIL.. Oh the story telling of her life and shooing airs this Sat the 26 at 4pm.

From his email
    Shannon's story is scheduled to air again as noted below.
    I have looked up the various channel listings for your information. Hopefully those of you who missed it will catch it this time or at least record for later viewing.

QCol Cable: 130

Dish Network: 192

DirectTV: 285

Atlantic BB: 302

Comcast: 111

Don't miss this episode about a girl from here in West Virginia and the evil family that led to her death.

After years in foster care, Shannon Stafford longs for love and a family. When she meets Nathan Mitchell and his parents, she thinks her search is over. Soon after marrying Nathan, she learns that her new "loving family" has no love for her at all.

TV Schedule : Investigation Discovery

Sorry for the long message, and thanks to those that read this.
    If you can remember him and his family in your prayers . His 3 churches are going to have a anointing services for him this Sunday . Guessing no dry eyes from all members..and none from me now..
    Prayers
    Gene
    Sawdust likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,906 Posts
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,413 Posts
    The Pastor's doctor gives good advice.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,580 Posts
    Update,, last Sunday Pastor Barry told us ,"I had asked God for 10yrs when he came to our churches,just didn't think he was going to give me just 10 yrs k
    At least he still has his humor. Tues of this week he goes in the hosp to get things started. So if you will Keep him and his wife in your prayers this coming week and many weeks to come.

Thanks
    Gene
    Last edited by etcallhome; 02-02-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Will keep him in my prayers.

Cancer is something I've watched friends and relatives die from. Now a family member is dealing with it.

Sorry your pastor has it. Prayers.

The man who wins is the one who thinks he can.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

–Henry Ford

8. The Following User Says Thank You to green and red man For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (02-04-2014)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements