JD dealer has new building and new location.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By GreenFarmParts

Thread: JD dealer has new building and new location.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

JD dealer has new building and new location.

New Ennis Location » BrazosValleyEq.com, TX

Just noticed my dealer relocated and has a brand new building. They had been at the old location for decades. If my memory is correct, they've changed names four or five times. I had seen a new building going up last year, but hadn't heard it was for the JD dealer. It looks very nice and is quite attractive, especially compared to their old building. They made a good decision. There was no room for expansion where they had been.

Probably some of their longtime customers won't like having to drive further to get to the new location. It's further north of town and on the opposite side of the highway. I hadn't really given thought to the idea that maybe most of their prices have been increased to compensate for the new building and land.

How much do y'all suppose they've raised the prices?

It must've been fun having to move all those tractors, implements, parts, and lots of other stuff.

Last edited by green and red man; 03-12-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    The man who wins is the one who thinks he can.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

–Henry Ford

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green and red man View Post
    New Ennis Location » BrazosValleyEq.com, TX

Just noticed my dealer relocated and has a brand new building. They had been at the old location for decades. If my memory is correct, they've changed names four or five times. I had seen a new building going up last year, but hadn't heard it was for the JD dealer. It looks very nice and is quite attractive, especially compared to their old building. They made a good decision. There was no room for expansion where they had been.

Probably some of their longtime customers won't like having to drive further to get to the new location. It's further north of town and on the opposite side of the highway. I hadn't really given thought to the idea that maybe most of their prices have been increased to compensate for the new building and land.

How much do y'all suppose they've raised the prices?

It must've been fun having to move all those tractors, implements, parts, and lots of other stuff.
    We actually just built a new headquarters too, closing a smaller store and building a new one. Moving the equipment was the easy part! Moving all of parts, tools, clothing an toys. That was a chore. And by the way, we've had the same name since 1955!

http://www.reynoldsfarmequipment.com...nta,%20Indiana
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFarmParts View Post
    We actually just built a new headquarters too, closing a smaller store and building a new one. Moving the equipment was the easy part! Moving all of parts, tools, clothing an toys. That was a chore. And by the way, we've had the same name since 1955!

That's great! Must be a nice feeling to have a new building. Congrats!
    I can imagine the labor involved on moving all those parts. Then the fun begins unloading and shelving it all.

Plan on moving as well. Gonna build a new shop after I get everything hauled. Maybe 80 x 100 steel frame. Still trying to decide.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

–Henry Ford

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green and red man View Post
    That's great! Must be a nice feeling to have a new building. Congrats!
    I can imagine the labor involved on moving all those parts. Then the fun begins unloading and shelving it all.

Plan on moving as well. Gonna build a new shop after I get everything hauled. Maybe 80 x 100 steel frame. Still trying to decide.
    Packing isn't to bad , throw everything into large bins ,being careful of the small items and breakable items. Seems like it takes forever getting those items now in new location and allowing enough room so you aren't moving these items 4 or 5 times . We all know if we build a 80 x100 ,,why didn't I build it another 20 40' wider and longer.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Our shop moved a few years ago. It wasn't bad, the equipment is the easy part as someone already said. The parts department was much more involved, but they got it done.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 08:57 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFarmParts View Post

When I visit Indy I always looked forward to seeing that landmark John Deere dealer alongside I-69. That area has gotten very urban, I can see the no room for expansion.
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    One question I have is, how did my dealer go about moving all that other green stuff? I'm referring to the green paper that they get from their customers. With prices these days they must have an overwhelming amount of it.

–Henry Ford

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements