Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By briansims

Thread: Get Your John Deere Telescopes Out Tomorrow Night

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-28-2018 @ 08:59 AM
    Thanks

Get Your John Deere Telescopes Out Tomorrow Night

Ok, just find a pair of binoculars and check out the eclipse of the moon tomorrow night. The cool thing about a lunar eclipse is how the moon turns blood red as the long red wave lengths of sunlight bend through the earth's atmosphere and manage to light up the moon even though it is in the earth's shadow. I'll have my 8 inch Celestron out if it is clear here. If it is, I'll post a photo Tuesday if one turn out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to briansims For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (04-14-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    From my house I can see the entire thing without binoculars. What does increasing the size of the eclipsed moon do for the experience? Just wonderin'...

Solar eclipses are more interesting what with the corona and all. With a properly filtered telescope a total solar eclipse is incredible! The most interesting thing to me is the different ideas people have regarding eclipses affecting life, love, world affairs (political), etc.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements