Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fake IRS call

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks

Fake IRS call

Got one of those fake IRS calls today, I could not understand hardly a word he said on the message. Was cooking, it would have been nice to have had a few word s with him though. Apparently they are really aggressive.
    number was
    (415) 251-5897
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texkev For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (05-03-2014), etcallhome (05-04-2014), glc (05-04-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Next thing you know those scammers will be kicking down doors just like the real IRS.

It still amazes me how few of those scam-a-rama folks go to jail... Sometimes I think they're kicking back to the government.
    felixm22 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    LOL yah really, that number is all over the web too, you would think they could find them. I will say it would seem much more real if the person could speak English. They call 3 times in a row.
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    I have a solution for Mujibar and his cohorts when he calls me; but I can't repeat it here unless I want to get banned.
    glc, Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

8. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I have a solution for Mujibar and his cohorts when he calls me; but I can't repeat it here unless I want to get banned.
    I seem to live on the edge here at GTT.................I say go for it!
    mjncad, DRobinson and HydroHarold like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #6
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I have a home number only to receive Fax. Usually have that turned off, but if I am home (and indoors), and the phone rings with a number that I do not recognize, I usually answer the phone with, "Gillespie County Morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em!" Tends to break the train of thought of those calling, if they speak and understand English as a first language.

I have another saying for answering, but yes, it would get me banned. I could share it with you, Gizmo, and *YOU* could post it, since you like living on the edge!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Thanks
    We get a lot of calls in Canada with people telling us there is a problem with windows on our computer. And if we could provide them with our passwords they will check it out for us.

Always fun to play with them, act surprised and plead them to help. Of course I do run a Mac.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    I got a call at work; it came through the front desk when I was in the lunch room. The operator called my name over the intercom, and I answered the phone. The guy says "Is this Dennis *******? I said, "Yes it is..." He says "This is so and so from the IRS and this call is about the $7000 you owe in back taxes". I about wet my pants; I didn't make much more than that per year at that time. I told him that all my taxes were in and something was wrong, because I didn't owe any back taxes. He then asked me if my wife's name was W*****, and I told him "No". He then asked if my SS number was such and so, and I again told him "No".

We talked for a few more minutes, and it seems that there was another individual in the same county with the same name as me...turns out he was some kind of deadbeat; I got several other calls at home, asking me when I was going to pay for something I never bought, or money I never borrowed. That went on for about a year and I guess these folks left town, because I haven't heard anything since.

You might be surprised how many couples out there have the same first and last names as you; try a Google search if you don't believe it. In fact, my wife got a note on Facebook from a lady in England with the same first and last name.
    Have wings, will travel.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    I will add with permission, I perform social engineering tests against various companies. It is flat out amazing what some people fall for...

The weakest link, for some time now, has been the employees. They are the easiest thing to 'hack'.

Jim
    mjncad and SHNOOL like this.
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I seem to live on the edge here at GTT.................I say go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I have another saying for answering, but yes, it would get me banned. I could share it with you, Gizmo, and *YOU* could post it, since you like living on the edge!
    Actually I have two phrases I use; one for Moose-limbs, and the other for everyone else; though they are similar in concept.

My wife has heard me say numerous rude, crude, and lewd things over the years; but these two were over the top for her and she was genuinely concerned I could be arrested for saying them. Note; they are not violent phrases.

So I will just leave them to your imagination.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast