Anybody ordering from Amazon notice shipping changes?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anybody ordering from Amazon notice shipping changes?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks

Anybody ordering from Amazon notice shipping changes?

I live in the country and every time I have to make a trip to Springfield it costs me a minimum of $10 in fuel plus the tax issue so I order a lot of things through Amazon. I really like Amazon. I think they do a great job. In the past when ordering I noticed that if I picked the cheapest or free shipping choice in lieu of paying for the next choice "up" I would still get my order very fast, that is, in two or three days. Now that seems to have changed. If I pick the cheapest way Amazon waits several days to ship the order even if it was shown to be "on hand" at an Amazon distribution center. Case in point is I just ordered a Bosch Rotary Hammer on May 6th which was shown to be in stock at Amazon. They just shipped the thing yesterday, May 12th. I think that's BS. I guess from now on I'll be forced to pick a shipping choice that costs more money if I want faster service.
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    It has probably been 3 weeks since I last ordered on Amazon, but I had my order 3 days later, using free shipping. A few weeks ago, they did increase the minimum order for free shipping, from $25 to $35. Can't blame them really, and it takes no effort to spend $35!!

I'll be watching the next order I place with them, and see what happens.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Thanks
    I'm a Prime member, so that may make a difference as well as my location, but I routinely order, pick 2 day and have the order next day. I placed an order Sunday and it was delivered yesterday.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    My orders usually go quick too, but I'm also prime.
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Was it sold by Amazon or was it another company selling on Amazon. I have had issues with sellers other than amazon taking a longer time to processes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    Was it sold by Amazon or was it another company selling on Amazon. I have had issues with sellers other than amazon taking a longer time to processes.

It was sold by Amazon. That is something I watch for when I order because I am aware that it can slow things down when it comes from a vendor. I just sent Amazon a complaint note. I'll see what they say.
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    It was sold by Amazon. That is something I watch for when I order because I am aware that it can slow things down when it comes from a vendor. I just sent Amazon a complaint note. I'll see what they say.
    One other thing I have noticed their order status system may be behind but the order it processed. I place an order and it took a couple of days to get the tracking info. When I tracked the package it had shipped out a couple days prior and was scheduled for delivery that day.

John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
    My orders usually go quick too, but I'm also prime.
    X2...
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    I order TONS of stuff from Amazon. Like you, I have noticed that when you pick the free shipping option that they have started to take longer to process the order, even if the item is in stock. I have a massive Amazon warehouse about 10 miles from me and used to get even free shipping items the next day. They are clearly trying to pressure us to use the next level shipping option. Note, Amazon is not the only company to do this.

The increase from $25 to $35 as the minimum for free shipping happened a while back.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe they are trying to prepare or condition people for items that will be to heavy for their drones.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast