I would like to insert this valve in a special place!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By etcallhome

Thread: I would like to insert this valve in a special place!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 12:25 AM
    Thanks

I would like to insert this valve in a special place!

This cheap plastic valve just cost me $206. It was the check valve on my deep well submersible pump. I was getting air in my water system and it was the culprit. The well guy removed this piece of junk and replaced it with a good brass check valve. My pump is a Jacuzzi SS 1.5 hp unit. It is now 8 years old. He said I can expect to get about 15 years and the cost of the same pump today is $1000. I dread the day I have to replace it.

I'll say one thing about my water well. I've had three wells in my life and this one is great. 400 feet deep with the pump at 300 feet and the water level is at 180 feet. The quality of the water is fantastic!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-05-13 16.22.23.jpg  
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Wow - deep well.

Mine is somewhere around 80 ft. I've got a serious filtration system on the house (Kinetico) to get rid of the iron and other BS. Love being on a well though.

At some point I will have to replace the pump - not getting great pressure now, but it's still feeding the pressure tank fine, just slow to refill. We don't use a ton of water where it's been an issue yet.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 Times in 1,581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    This cheap plastic valve just cost me $206. It was the check valve on my deep well submersible pump. I was getting air in my water system and it was the culprit. The well guy removed this piece of junk and replaced it with a good brass check valve. My pump is a Jacuzzi SS 1.5 hp unit. It is now 8 years old. He said I can expect to get about 15 years and the cost of the same pump today is $1000. I dread the day I have to replace it.

I'll say one thing about my water well. I've had three wells in my life and this one is great. 400 feet deep with the pump at 300 feet and the water level is at 180 feet. The quality of the water is fantastic!!
    Very deep well , yea hard to say what the cost of the pump will be in 15 yrs. Never used the plastic check valve always used the brass one on my fil well . Our well is 125-135 ft and deep well pump settting somewhere around 100-110' . I thinking the about 8-10 yrs ago water level was around 40' mark. Over the past 40 yrs never ran out of water, always thought we would so vehicles didn't get wash very much doing the summer months , because the 3 water cond backwashes 3 or 4 times a week for 3 hrs was always in the back of the mind. If you hadn't figured it out our water was terrrible.... Iron really bad.
    So happy when I was able to connect to city water the past Nov. This past Sunday we came home no electric,,, man need to use the bath room. OH wait we can we have water...
    Ultrapile likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 2,909 Posts
    I hate owning a house.
    BTW, That is a DEEP well.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements