It's even in my size......
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: It's even in my size......

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Location
    Cartersville (NW) GA
    Posts
    2,379
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 365 Times in 267 Posts

    It's even in my size......

    Found this jacket while out shopping the antique malls with the wife today. Based on the patch I believe it to be 60s, maybe early 70s.


    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

    Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

    Stihl MS361, FS250R

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    rgd
    rgd is offline
    rgd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Location
    Flint, Texas
    Posts
    2,160
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 227 Times in 182 Posts
    Was Mobile always a part of Sinclair...or vise-versa? I remember the Sinclair building in Dallas from when I was in about the 3rd grade. At that time, it was the largest building and had a giant Sinclair neon sign symbol on top. It wasnt long before that building was dwarfed. Off to google...
    Btw: cool jacket!
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

    Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  4. Top | #3
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,233
    Thanks
    4,990
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Nice find!
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,158
    Thanks
    5,767
    Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,908 Posts
    Nice psrumors. My father owned a Mobil station back in the early 60's and it brings back memories for me.

    Oh what the heck, I'll add a picture.....or three.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobil.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	28382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kayals.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	28381

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	28383

    .
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 05-18-2014 at 05:55 AM.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  7. Top | #5
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Cool find on the jacket!!

    And those photos are neat! Back to a time when they were Service Stations, not just gas and convenience stores.
    Gizmo2 and rgd like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

    If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

    Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

  8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,158
    Thanks
    5,767
    Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Cool find on the jacket!!

    And those photos are neat! Back to a time when they were Service Stations, not just gas and convenience stores.
    So now you're going to make me sad thinking about those days?
    Back in the day...............................
    Kidding aside, thanks farmgirl and psrumors. Never hurts to remember.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  9. Top | #7
    T-Mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 855 Times in 513 Posts
    Paul,
    Nice find. It's always neat to find articles or "stuff" from years gone by.

    Giz,
    Nice photos, and I agree with FG, those were the days when they were "service stations".
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

    1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

  10. Top | #8
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,498
    Thanks
    2,089
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgd View Post
    Was Mobile always a part of Sinclair...or vise-versa? I remember the Sinclair building in Dallas from when I was in about the 3rd grade. At that time, it was the largest building and had a giant Sinclair neon sign symbol on top. It wasnt long before that building was dwarfed. Off to google...
    Btw: cool jacket!
    Was the Sinclair dinosaur mascot real at that time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Nice psrumors. My father owned a Mobil station back in the early 60's and it brings back memories for me.

    Oh what the heck, I'll add a picture.....or three.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobil.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	28382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kayals.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	28381

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	28383


    .
    Did you post a picture of the truck with the shark tooth grille before? It looks familiar. Good pictures of the service station. Many boys and young men got a lot of education at old gas stations.

    I even learned how to spit shine combat boots at a gas station.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  11. Top | #9
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Yep, Sinclair was Dino the Dinosaur, and Mobil is Pegasus. It was (is?) Pegasus atop the Dallas building.

    Another neat Dallas landmark, from days gone by, was the Pearl Beer "billboard". It had a built in waterfall, and it was flowing most, if not all, of the time. Not sure Pearl Beer even exists anymore, but I sure drank a lot of it. I'd like to think the "billboard" is still there, but am not driving to Dallas to find out. The traffic and people in that big city are just rude, uppity, city folks
    felixm22 likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

    If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

    Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

  12. Top | #10
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,498
    Thanks
    2,089
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Yep, Sinclair was Dino the Dinosaur, and Mobil is Pegasus. It was (is?) Pegasus atop the Dallas building.

    Another neat Dallas landmark, from days gone by, was the Pearl Beer "billboard". It had a built in waterfall, and it was flowing most, if not all, of the time. Not sure Pearl Beer even exists anymore, but I sure drank a lot of it. I'd like to think the "billboard" is still there, but am not driving to Dallas to find out. The traffic and people in that big city are just rude, uppity, city folks
    You really need to write more clearly, so we all know exactly how you feel.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •