Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: What should I do ?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-23-2014 @ 06:52 PM
    Thanks

What should I do ?

I have been given the 5th delivery time for my 1025r when I gave my $1000 down I was told it would be delivered next week & that was month ago. Excuses have been "short of help" "we have everything but haven't put it together " etc etc. I want to call and cancel the deal, trust and now huge doubt on servicing if they are short of help. I have never been good at dealing with people that tell me what they are going to do & then not do it. Especially ones you pay the price that they get. Will I loose my $1000 down money?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Thanks
    That's a tough one. Any chance you could drop into the dealer unannounced? Just to get a feel of the day to day operations. If they are short on help with delivery service could be the same way. Is your dealer just a L&G dealer or do they sell the big agriculture equipment as well? If so you are small potatoes to them. Do you have another dealer you can go to? Hate to see you cancel a deal and then have to go an hour away. Might be worth a polite conversation with service manager to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 2,909 Posts
    I agree with cheesetrain, that's a tough one.
    Were the parts and equipment late coming in or are they late putting it all together?
    I hate to say it but maybe the dealer is swamped with repair work which is common this time of year. I know my dealer will work on equipment that people make a living with before they would work on my stuff, and I'm ok with that but it has never been an issue.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-18-2017 @ 09:02 AM
    Thanks
    I can forgive delays if the dealer is straight forward and honest about it - it is the busy time of the year. However - incompetence in staffing and not communicating and being dishonest I will not tolerate. I like the idea of showing up unannounced and finding out what is really happening. It's a lot easier to dog off a phone call than it is a live person standing there expecting answers. Give them a personal visit and see what's going on at the dealer.
    1025R FILB - And lots of other goodies. Support our GTT American small business vendors! Great products at fair prices.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Tuff call. I think I would stop in and tell them if they cant get you a tractor soon [ set a date ] you want your money back and are going elsewhere.

Things happen, they may be waiting for a part. they could really be swamped and are taking care of those that make the most noise first.

My dealer is huge. Sell every thing from string trimmers to the largest tractor Deere makes. They still manage to give great service to those of us with little tractors.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-23-2014 @ 06:52 PM
    Thanks
    All equipment is and has been there since day one. He does sell the large farm equipment also and maybe these repairs are taking precedence, but he could tell me that info. I am dealing with the owner not the sales person and he has called me for the first time today, I have initiated all calls for communication & that does not speak well for the dealership. At this point I am going to drive there in the morning & have a talk with him. I have not made up my mind to cancel, but I do not like what I may be getting into. I have other equipment and this will not stop me from completing anything but this type of machine would have made it a lot easier and the mowing faster. Has the 0% deal been extended to the end of May?

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    the 0% has been around for along time. I don't see it going away anytime soon.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Thanks

What should I do ?

The $1250 rebate on the 1 series is good through June 2. The 0% for 60 month financing has been going on for quite some time. I'd give the dealer a chance to fix it. However if they have had the parts for a month I'd make it known that you expect better and that you are prepared to take your business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 05-19-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    I'd show up as well. I waited 2 weeks and it was killing me. I can't imagine the ups/downs you're going through.

FYI...Additional $500 off or extend the terms to 72 months if you go to a Drive Green event.

Make it clear that they made a commitment to get you the tractor awhile ago. Have them make a firm commitment and if they don't meet it get your money back. I don't want to work with a business that operates in that manner. If there is really that much work, hire more people.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

12. Top | #10
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Tino, How long has the dealer been in business?
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast