Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The Deere Heard Round the World

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks

The Deere Heard Round the World

Funny things happen. It was mowing day a couple weeks ago; Sharn Jean was gone, so before I climbed on the JD to start mowing, I grabbed one of the telephones and put in in my pocket, just in case. About an hour or so later, I was merrily going about my mowing, when She came out the back door, waving at me. I stopped, and she leaned over and whispered in my ear, asking if I had the phone. I said, "yeah, just in case you called from town." She says "Its on, so please turn it off". I took it out of my pocket, turned it off and gave it to her. She returned to the house.

Now a little back ground. She is involved in a business endeavor that every so often requires a conference call with some other folks all over the country. Unbeknownst to me, she came home while I was mowing and proceeded to make her conference call. Sometime during the middle of the call, I inadvertently turned the phone on, and the participants were greeted with the sound of music created by a 14 horse Kawasaki John Deer engine, at full power, in the process of mowing my lawn. Needless to say, she was greatly embarrassed, but managed to evade responsibility or knowledge, at least up to this point. I, however, was not so lucky. My contrition knows no bounds, and as of this date, me and my John Deere remain anonymous. Let's hope it stays that way.
    Have wings, will travel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 09:40 AM
    Thanks
    At least it was a John Deere they got to listen too
    farmgirl19 and 2LaneCruzer like this.
    New JD 2032R 72MMM H130 Loader Kens hooks Frontier box blade Frontier forks ballast box old stuff LX4 brush hog JD tiller and landscape rake fertilizer spreader and fimco sprayer speco phd

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsindeere View Post
    At least it was a John Deere they got to listen too
    My sentiments exactly.
    Have wings, will travel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Ahhh....the old butt-dial.

Have her watch this:

A Conference Call in Real Life - YouTube
    mjncad, felixm22 and 2LaneCruzer like this.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Now THAT IS FUNNY!

All of her conference callers would have just quit and hung up if it had been any other color tractor!
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    Now THAT IS FUNNY!

All of her conference callers would have just quit and hung up if it had been any other color tractor!
    Hah. They stayed on the phone all the way, for some reason and made plenty of comments it seems, as I was told...and told...and told.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

9. Top | #7
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I had a person that kept calling me that I never wanted to talk to. I put their name in my phone book, just so that I would not answer when they called. One day, I was standing in line somewhere, and must have leaned up against a rail. Unbeknownst to me, it made the phone call the first person in the phone book. Yep, that persons was in under the letter "A". I soon learned after that, to LOCK the keypad!!!! I have no idea if "menu *" works in the "smarter then me" phones or not, but given how many times some of my friends "butt dial" me, I have to wonder. If that isn't an option, it needs to be!

From the girl that proudly carries a dinosaur phone!!
    mjncad likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    This would have made a great commercial. Still would re-enacted
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 801 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Funny things happen. It was mowing day a couple weeks ago; Sharn Jean was gone, so before I climbed on the JD to start mowing, I grabbed one of the telephones and put in in my pocket, just in case. About an hour or so later, I was merrily going about my mowing, when She came out the back door, waving at me. I stopped, and she leaned over and whispered in my ear, asking if I had the phone. I said, "yeah, just in case you called from town." She says "Its on, so please turn it off". I took it out of my pocket, turned it off and gave it to her. She returned to the house.

Now a little back ground. She is involved in a business endeavor that every so often requires a conference call with some other folks all over the country. Unbeknownst to me, she came home while I was mowing and proceeded to make her conference call. Sometime during the middle of the call, I inadvertently turned the phone on, and the participants were greeted with the sound of music created by a 14 horse Kawasaki John Deer engine, at full power, in the process of mowing my lawn. Needless to say, she was greatly embarrassed, but managed to evade responsibility or knowledge, at least up to this point. I, however, was not so lucky. My contrition knows no bounds, and as of this date, me and my John Deere remain anonymous. Let's hope it stays that way.

NOW WHO IS CAUSING TROUBLE!
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 801 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    Now THAT IS FUNNY!

If you can tell color over the phone......

I'm throwing the BS flag on this one.

What COLOR is a Kawasaki?

It is at least made in the same country as the Yanmar you have and the Kubota I have......

Now it it had been an AMERICAN made two cylinder, good old fashion JD, then that would have been music.

As it stands, it was rice.
    DRobinson likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast