Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Stealing in Plain sight

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks

Stealing in Plain sight

So, I'm in Lowes, down the plumbing supply isle looking for some black pipe parts to hook up the gas grill to my house gas line. I'm standing there & this stupid moron mutant has a couple of shut off valves, like the ones you have under your sink. I see him digging into his pants which are like a size fifty but he looks like a size 32. Next thing I hear is this "Clank" noise as he deposits the valves down his pants where most of the rest of us keep other fond treasures. Then this jerk actually turns to me & says Hello. I did not know what to say except Hi back to him. He then walks back to the shelf with the valves & picks up another four or five & again, right there in front of me I hear "Clank clank,clank..."
    He smiles at me & starts a speed walk down the isle. I started after him to follow. As Im going down the isle one of the Lowes red vests is passing so, I tell her about it & she gets on her walkie talkie & tries to get to the front of the store. Needless to say, this jackass somehow made it thru the door & got away with the goods.

My wife was shopping in the rug dept. & came over to the plumbing section after all this happened. When I told her the story, I regretted that I did not continue the chase & put the fool down on the deck. Then my wife reminds me that we live in a state here where any moron can buy a gun with nothing more than a drivers license. Down here they don't care at the hardware store if your insane & drooling as long as you can pay for it & flash the picture ID. Got me thinking that maybe this jackass could of had a gun on him.

So I find the overpriced three black pipe parts I needed. Went to the checkout & all I could think about is how much more am I paying for things because of this moron mutant's stealing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    So, I'm in Lowes, down the plumbing supply isle looking for some black pipe parts to hook up the gas grill to my house gas line. I'm standing there & this stupid moron mutant has a couple of shut off valves, like the ones you have under your sink. I see him digging into his pants which are like a size fifty but he looks like a size 32. Next thing I hear is this "Clank" noise as he deposits the valves down his pants where most of the rest of us keep other fond treasures. Then this jerk actually turns to me & says Hello. I did not know what to say except Hi back to him. He then walks back to the shelf with the valves & picks up another four or five & again, right there in front of me I hear "Clank clank,clank..."
    He smiles at me & starts a speed walk down the isle. I started after him to follow. As Im going down the isle one of the Lowes red vests is passing so, I tell her about it & she gets on her walkie talkie & tries to get to the front of the store. Needless to say, this jackass somehow made it thru the door & got away with the goods.

My wife was shopping in the rug dept. & came over to the plumbing section after all this happened. When I told her the story, I regretted that I did not continue the chase & put the fool down on the deck. Then my wife reminds me that we live in a state here where any moron can buy a gun with nothing more than a drivers license. Down here they don't care at the hardware store if your insane & drooling as long as you can pay for it & flash the picture ID. Got me thinking that maybe this jackass could of had a gun on him.

So I find the overpriced three black pipe parts I needed. Went to the checkout & all I could think about is how much more am I paying for things because of this moron mutant's stealing.
    South Carolina doesn't require the Federal 4473 form and background check through NICS?

South Carolina Legislature Online - Search

I'm not thinking too many people would be willing to risk an armed robbery/murder charge over some plumbing valves.

Regardless - You did the right thing - notify the store personnel and let their loss prevention department handle it.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sstlaure For This Useful Post:

Maddog (08-06-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    I just hate it!
    etcallhome likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

Maddog (08-06-2014)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    I hate thieves too...

Maddog, so...do you carry a gun? I carry mine everywhere. I dont care if they have a sign in the window or not (starbucks, etc). Unless...they have a metal detector, such as the courthouse,then its in my pocket. Of course it aint worth getting shot over some big box stores stuff. From what I've seen, they have as much get stolen by employees as customers

edit to add: about 8 years ago, I installed 6 walk-in coolers in a new private prison in Henderson Tx. I had to make a couple of warranty calls in the first year. Let me tell you...I hated to go in that place! Anyways...I had to take my van in through the back gate to the kitchen loading dock. I passed through two large gates with a guard at each one. My van was inspected.....for cell phone, cigarettes, lighter, and pocket knives.All these had to be left with the guard.They also looked in the back, under the hood, and had a huge mirror to look under the van to make sure there wasnt an inmate hiding there. It didnt matter that I had enough tools to disassemble the prison, such as my cutting torch. Or...the gun that was always in my center drawer in the doghouse between the seats.
    Last edited by rgd; 08-05-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 7 others like this.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

9. Top | #5
    k91

Last Online
    02-26-2016 @ 06:51 AM
    Thanks
    Maybe his dealer accepts plumbing fixtures as a form of payment?

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by k91 View Post
    Maybe his dealer accepts plumbing fixtures as a form of payment?
    I suspect his EBT card was maxed out.
    Have wings, will travel.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgd View Post
    edit to add: about 8 years ago, I installed 6 walk-in coolers in a new private prison in Henderson Tx. I had to make a couple of warranty calls in the first year. Let me tell you...I hated to go in that place! Anyways...I had to take my van in through the back gate to the kitchen loading dock. I passed through two large gates with a guard at each one. My van was inspected.....for cell phone, cigarettes, lighter, and pocket knives.All these had to be left with the guard.They also looked in the back, under the hood, and had a huge mirror to look under the van to make sure there wasnt an inmate hiding there. It didnt matter that I had enough tools to disassemble the prison, such as my cutting torch. Or...the gun that was always in my center drawer in the doghouse between the seats.
    My dad used to service forklifts and occasionally had to go to one of the prisons. The guards inventoried all of his tools going in and said it all better be there when he came out.
    psrumors likes this.

12. Top | #8
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    My dad used to service forklifts and occasionally had to go to one of the prisons. The guards inventoried all of his tools going in and said it all better be there when he came out.
    It could be the type of prison or the fact it was a new private prison. This place was huge. And full. They told me that the average prisoner stay there was between 3-9 months. All of them are parol violators....and all from just Texas. Crap...that was alot of people evry year violating their parole! Also...about 1/2 male to female too. (Not co-ed though) Just different sides/bldgs.

I'm sure glad they didnt inventory my tools/parts. I would have been there for a couple of days.
    Last edited by rgd; 08-06-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks
    I hate thieves too...

Maddog, so...do you carry a gun? I carry mine everywhere. I dont care if they have a sign in the window or not (starbucks, etc). Unless...they have a metal detector, such as the courthouse,then its in my pocket. Of course it aint worth getting shot over some big box stores stuff. From what I've seen, they have as much get stolen by employees as customers

No, I do not carry a gun or own one. Im not anti gun-just not on my list of important things to do or own. When football season comes in to full swing down here, every day there will be some stories of drunk idiots argueing over the game & they will settle the score with a shoot out. I also know of jackasses who show up at family partys packing. Guns- Is that the only answer we have to stop violence, crime. I don't know.We have a lot of people walking around with the ability to take anothers life in an instant. And these same people never made it past the third grade. Don't misunderstand me.
    Im not against your post. Im just questioning society in general. Maybe if we had more jobs, we would have less crime? I don't know. And if I did have a gun, I would use it to protect myself or my family in a situation. But I would not be using it to settle a grievance over football or the kid behind the counter who screwed up my burger order, or to kill the night clerk at the gas station for what's in the register & a pack of cigarettes.
    Zebrafive likes this.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    It could be the type of prison or the fact it was a new private prison. This place was huge. And full. They told me that the average prisoner stay there was between 3-9 months. All of them are parol violators....and all from just Texas. Crap...that was alot of people evry year violating their parole! Also...about 1/2 male to female too. (Not co-ed though) Just different sides/bldgs.

I'm sure glad they didnt inventory my tools/parts. I would have been there for a couple of days.

If we have to deal with the prisons, they don't let us carry any tools in. We have to use what they already have. Inventorying our trucks would take a while!
    rgd likes this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast