Thread: Sleep Number beds

1. Top | #1
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 2,601 Posts

Sleep Number beds

Do you own one? If so, do you like it and is it worth the money you paid for it?

They're really expensive, but if they alleviate back pain and allow good sleep, they may be worth it. Warranted for 25 years. Seems like a quality product, but I was hoping to hear from some current owners.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    We had one, gone now, wife hated it. She even started sleeping on the couch to get away from it. Seemed like an over priced air mattress to me.
    Winterkire and Swampfox like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Have had one now for about five years. Love it. We have one with a memory foam top. Something like the P7? I can't remember the model. Go to the store if there is one nearby you. They will show you the pressure points on your body depending on how you lay on the bed. This determined your sleep number. The higher the number the firmer. Something like 75% of people fall between 45-60. I always thought I liked a firm mattress. But I'm around 55-60. Everyone Ive ever talked to with the exception of one person has loved there's. I don't think they are that expensive vs a high end mattress when you consider the warranty and the fact that you have any mattress firmness you desire at the push of a button.
    I also have back pain but I don't think any mattress will cure a degenerative disc and a pinched nerve.
    etcallhome and Gizmo2 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Daughter and sil has had one for 7 yrs or more. We bought one a yr ago and yes very expensive. No store near by , so just going by what my daughter and sil was telling us. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't order the low legs. For me seems to close to the floor, but oh well. Like surveyor was saying I always liked a mid to firm mattress and thought I would like a 75-80 setting nope any where from 50-65 at most.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    I'm rather disappointed with mine, I think if I had gotten the top of the line I would be happier but it was a couple grand more for it and I didn't think it would make that much difference, now I think I should have spent the extra. They are way overpriced, a very high markup.
    316, 332, 425, 430, 4200, 4300, 4720 w/cab, 54" front blade, 5' rear blade, 2 bottom JD plow, 4' JD tiller, 5' Woods tiller

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    We have had three ourselves over the decades, and currently have an additional one in the guest room plus our own as well. The wife had a back/neck issue from a rear end collision back then and it really helped. The sleep quality is quite good for each of us and it is important to be able to set each side separately.

Now the downside...the early air pumps and hoses were a bit fragile -- and each time we moved (20+ years ago, and then again recently) the movers seemed to find a way to induce a micro-leak in each system. Since the design had been upgraded over the years, we went for replacements as the warranty was nearly gone on a 15+ year old unit (I think it is full replacement for 2 years, then pro-rated...)

We had a memory foam topped one for a time but when the movers broke it we went back to the less complex construction as it is lighter and a bit easier to change the bedding, etc.

Beds are very personal and different folks have different preferences and needs. Try one for their 90 night trial period and if you don't like it just return it...

Chuck
    Gizmo2 likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    We have had ours for several years and my wife and I love it. I can adjust it depending on how my back is. I sleep much better on it than I have foe years on some other very expensive conventional mattresses. I could never understand why good conventional mattresses cost so much. I know the Sleep Number beds cost a lot. I do not believe the cost is that bad when compared to good quality conventional mattresses.

My normal sleep number is 70. I do go up or down from that depending on how my muscles and back are feeling. I do have a neurological problem which gives me pain and this adjustable bed has really helped me out. It is nice to be able to sleep again.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-27-2018 @ 02:14 PM
    Thanks
    I've had one (P6) for a little over a year know. Love it and hate it. My normal sleep number is 45. I sleep great on it. No coil spring mattress comes close (was on one last night and slept like crap). What I don't like is the casing isn't stiff enough to keep the two air chambers from moving apart, causing a depression/hole in the center. I've resorted to wrapping rope around the outside foam to try a keep them from moving but I don't think it really works that great.

As gimmo said, maybe a higher line would have been better but I don't like memory foam.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    --DeereNC

2025R, 62D MMM, H130 FEL, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks, Bxpanded Tooth Bar, more to come...
    Implements: Woods TS52 tiller

Stihl MS261C worked over by Mastermind Work Saws, FS45C
    Dolmar PS3410TH
    Redmax EBZ8500RH

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    03-29-2015 @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    I mainly sleep on my stomache and sides, and a extra firm mattress feels the most comfortable. Tried all the sleep number beds and I sprawl so the divider in the middle didnt work for me when my wife chooses a softer setting. That and the whole pump thing. Its just one more thing to break.

I really just couldn't do it, even if the prices were less than we paid for our King. I looked for 2 months at a dozen stores to find the heaviest guage highest coil count that felt complete. No pillowtop. No sweaty memory foam.

If I was a back sleeper, and I do hammock camp, I might think the sleep number bed would fit.

Pay no mind to the ramblings of this old fart
    155c w/42" snowblower, lawn sweeper, cart 'n stuff
    2032r w/H130 and 61" bucket, frontier forks, 46 backhoe, subsoiler, 3point receiver hitch
    Triton 16-7 trailer

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:47 AM
    Thanks
    We love ours as my wife likes hers squishy soft, and I like mine firm. When my back blows out, I ramp it up close to maximum, and then back down to around 60 - 70 as I recall after my back recovers. We didn't get a top of the line model as the pillow top defeated the purpose of adjusting the bed's firmness when we tried them out in the store. Ours is a mid-grade model as I recall.

We haven't had a problem with the different air pressures causing a depression in the middle.

A few years back, a nearby lightning strike fried the pump and they had a new one out to us very quickly. The prorated price was acceptable especially since we got wireless remotes instead of wired remotes with the replacement pump.

As for price; yeah they are high; but that's because they really don't have any competition at this point in time.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast