Good Morning - Page 7974
Page 7974 of 7990 FirstFirst ... 6974 7474 7874 7924 7964 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7984 ... LastLast
Results 79,731 to 79,740 of 79894
Like Tree947692Likes

Thread: Good Morning

1. Top | #79731
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Thanks
    Good morning all,

37° and cloudy this morning. 30° colder than yesterday. Spring is on it's way, but.....when?

Hooking up the trailer to go get supplies. I need some starter fertilizer, mulch and some broken pallets. I have a boat load of tree stumps and roots to burn and pallets go up in flames fast. They make a good bed of hot embers for getting the bonfire started. Just might have to break out the hot dogs and Bud Light later on.

WB, enjoy your few hours at home. You'll be there permanently in no time. We are always thinking about you. Stay strong.

Lowell, it sounds like your knee is improving daily. To what degree has your therapists set as your goal? They had me at 132° when I was released from physical therapy. It has since settled out to about 120°.

Done with the , so it's time to get moving.

Have a good one.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian Quick-Tatch / Artillian pallet fork set/36" forks / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #79732

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    SB: Hope you've just got nothing more than what I had - a cold that took weeks to get through. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    Tomorrow ... I get to spend a few hours at the house ... See my pups and get my new chair and a hoyer lift
    A day to enjoy. So glad you're getting a lift too. Should help Mrs WB a lot, which in turn means that it will help you even more.

----------

Beautiful weather here in the 80s. Tomato plants survived a day & night of thunderstorms with 40 mph winds plus gusts. They ended up with only a slight lean. Happened a couple of days ago & that system is still biting some of you now.

First priority today is getting water back to the planter area since hubby took out a hose bib with the Z (again ) late last year and that water line leg has been turned off all winter. Wouldn't be surprised to find freeze-caused breaks too now.

Daughter & her guy coming over to watch Game of Thrones episode with hubby sometime today. I have no interest in viewing.
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 04-15-2019 at 10:04 AM.

4. Top | #79733
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    I think you are still ok. She isn’t tired of it yet but there is a small stretch of time between when she does get tired of it and when she starts humming it. If I remember the song correctly when she starts humming it is when it is an issue. Then it is only a short time before she decides to cut a fat hog in the ass.
    I bet this fat hog is going to get it. I texted the whole family Jackson lyrics at 6 am.

I was the only one up!
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #79734
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Yep, I see spring has sprung for you too. We were gone most of the day Saturday with our trip to Erie to rectify the golf bag debacle. Upon coming down the road, we were greeted with the neighbor's kids and all their friends riding their scooters, bikes and battery powered ride ons all over our yard between the garage and property line, and there is not an adult in sight. I don't care if the kids play in my yard, but nobody has ever asked. My kids NEVER played in their yard, in fact they were told not too, so I guess I don't see why their kids need to play in mine. Maybe it's because their father cannot go more than a year within bringing a machine into their lawn to rip it up and regrade it. Right now the whole eastern side is tore up because he hosed the brush down with some chemical that absolutely obliterated all the vegetation. He then cut down a bunch of trees (even some of his neighbor's on the other side because he has no idea where the line and, and wouldn't want to ask his neighbor CP where the it is) and then said they needed to be cut down because they were shading out his underground septic tanks. I swear I'm not making this sh!! up. I'm soliciting ideas for fences.......

A lot of the true public fishing streams have signs posted along them by the DEC at this end of the state. The signs also clearly state that the fishermen are to stay within X amount of feet to the stream. Also, the creek on my property, while not having fishable fish in it, has never been considered a public waterway, by me at least, or anyone else that I know of.

Good morning citizens. Off to the races......

Enjoy your day.
    The only way to solve those problems is to have 200 acres like us so people can't live to close to you! Then you move to the middle of the property.

7. Top | #79735
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Good Morning GTT!

Couldn’t do anything here on the forum since 7am - pages wouldn’t load. This is really getting old....

Nice relaxing day yesterday. Did help Mrs. C in one of her flower beds - had to shave off a layer of some type of grass that because sod. She hasn’t tended her flower beds for the last 2 years - it’s great that she is showing an interest again. To me that means she is in the mend as far as the other stuff besides the knee.

Knee surgery 4 weeks from tomorrow - seems to take forever to get here.

Typical flatlander city people around. Someone was shooting a .22 at 6 this morning - it was still dead dark. What the heck are they shooting at? Also just had a guy in fishing garb walk right across the lawn - right through the pavilion where the tractor is parked. What do these people think? It’s a state park or something?

Some rain for today with possible damaging thunderstorms this evening here also. Just some household chores for today.
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    It’s just unreal to me. And as much as I hate signs I have the areas along the creek posted so that you would have to walk around my signs.

I will stand on the deck and yell that this is private property. I’ve had all kind of responses - the usual is “well I’m just going fishing”.

So.......
    I feel your pain ct. It is tourist season and here I am without any tags! Guess I could poach a few? Greeted this morning by a pile of mountain money with fecal matter laying on the side of the road down the road from my driveway.
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

8. Top | #79736
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I've asked DEC officers in the past and was told that legally I have a right to walk the stream but as a courtesy should also respect the wishes of property owners. Maybe I just interpreted that to mean that the streams and rivers are public.
    Here's a pretty good summary by DEC of public fishing rights in New York. At the right edge of the page are links for maps of those waterways to which the state has purchased easements.

There is also this pamphlet put out by the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks that discusses NY navigable waters. Section #15 points out that even though a person may have the right to navigate a waterway, the fishing rights may belong exclusively to the owner(s) of the streambanks.

In Stan and Gene's case, if they were in New York and unless they've granted a permanent easement to the state or their deeds contained other covenants to the contrary, the fishing rights to the middle of the stream would be theirs alone and even someone passing by in a canoe could not fish without their permission. Accordingly, to walk their property or wade their streams would be trespassing.
    - Phil -
    1025R TLB - Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

coaltrain (04-15-2019), ColonyPark (04-16-2019), PJR832 (04-15-2019), rtgt (04-16-2019)

10. Top | #79737
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,113 Times in 1,412 Posts
    Good morning, still 37° , went to the mailbox this morning and not happy with what I found.

Back in the 70's local owned bank was IMO a PIA. So when another bank moved into the area ,we moved everything to the new branch.

Well today received notice that 90 days from this pass Fri branch will be CLOSING

NO HAPPY

atm will stay but that is all.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, rtgt and 10 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Top | #79738
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    Here's a pretty good summary by DEC of public fishing rights in New York. At the right edge of the page are links for maps of those waterways to which the state has purchased easements.

There is also this pamphlet put out by the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks that discusses NY navigable waters. Section #15 points out that even though a person may have the right to navigate a waterway, the fishing rights may belong exclusively to the owner(s) of the streambanks.

In Stan and Gene's case, if they were in New York and unless they've granted a permanent easement to the state or their deeds contained other covenants to the contrary, the fishing rights to the middle of the stream would be theirs alone and even someone passing by in a canoe could not fish without their permission. Accordingly, to walk their property or wade their streams would be trespassing.
    That's good information Oxpath, guess possibly I've been a trespasser a few times. Then again, I've never had anyone tell me to leave, most people just ask if the fish are biting and go about their day. I know for me, I could care less when they come up the stream, if the dogs weren't barking at fishermen they would just find something else to bark at.
    Pat
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & Rotary Cutter, middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8e..._as=subscriber

12. Top | #79739
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    The only way to solve those problems is to have 200 acres like us so people can't live to close to you! Then you move to the middle of the property.
    That’s been my dream all my life. Still is but now know it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Good morning, still 37° , went to the mailbox this morning and not happy with what I found.

Back in the 70's local owned bank was IMO a PIA. So when another bank moved into the area ,we moved everything to the new branch.

Well today received notice that 90 days from this pass Fri branch will be CLOSING

NO HAPPY

atm will stay but that is all.
    Reminds me of when I had my mortgage. It was through a little savings and loan in a one horse town. It was owned by some local business men as an investment. The people who worked there were very nice and accommodating.

Then they sold out to a big multi-branch bank. What a nightmare. Even though in 20 years I had never been even a day late with my payments, I still had to deal with them about ridiculous stuff. Nasty - just nasty.

I’ve been a member of a credit union (PSECU) for over 25 years. They have no branches and are located in Harrisburg which is 150 miles away. Never been there and never had any reason. Everything was done through the mail at first, then they were on the leading edge of online banking. I can do whatever I need online and have rarely the need to call down there. Looking back I don’t know why I didn’t go through them for my mortgage.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

13. Top | #79740
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    That's good information Oxpath, guess possibly I've been a trespasser a few times. Then again, I've never had anyone tell me to leave, most people just ask if the fish are biting and go about their day. I know for me, I could care less when they come up the stream, if the dogs weren't barking at fishermen they would just find something else to bark at.
    I must say that most people are respectful. But as with anything there are always a few....

The first couple years living here were the worse as the place was unoccupied for 2 years. People would just drive down the driveway, park in front of the barn, and walk down to the creek. I was easy on people then as they just didn’t know.

Now the few that do come up over my lawn area are just being lazy I think.

The worst was a couple years ago. 2 guys, who must have come in along the bottom of the bank like they were supposed to decided to walk up the bank then sat down in my pavilion to take a break. It was just incredible to me. It’s obvious someone lives here I would think. I didn’t buy this place, make payments for 20 years plus the taxes, and also build a pavilion for fisherman to take a break in.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements