Good Morning - Page 8279
Page 8279 of 8292 FirstFirst ... 7279 7779 8179 8229 8269 8277 8278 8279 8280 8281 8289 ... LastLast
Results 82,781 to 82,790 of 82912
Like Tree1001146Likes

Thread: Good Morning

1. Top | #82781
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,957 Times in 2,137 Posts
    Good Morning GTT!

What a beautiful day again yesterday! High temp was 69* with a stiff NW breeze. Got my mowing and trimming done. So happy with my new Milwaukee cordless trimmer and of course the now “old” 2520.

Mrs. C’s PT went well yesterday I think. What is one if the biggest issues is she still has the staples in her incision. Should have been taken out weeks ago but could not get an appointment.

The PT girl had her remove the bandage. She said part of their care is wound care. She said it looks slightly infected in one spot. She massaged all around the incision. Mrs. C said overnight all of a sudden she felt it leaking and felt immediate relief. Must have been the massaging.

I never knew these PT people did so much. She told Mrs. C that she is her primary care giver now for her surgery. They must go through some comprehensive training.

Today is the visit to the knee doc. I know what is going to happen - Mrs. C will go in there and they will remove the bandage and ask why the heck hasn’t she been in to have the staples removed. Ummm, I plead with the lady on the phone and told her what I needed. She told me that this was absolutely the first appointment she could get. It’s been 4 weeks since the surgery as of last Monday.

So I see some antibiotics coming along with some more wound care. I’m so glad she is feeling some relief this morning. The last few days she was in awful pain - also walking with the cane with her leg stiff instead of bending it at the knee.

So will do the grocery run while in town. Planning in getting a slice of pizza from my favorite pizza place for lunch since it is close to the hospital.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #82782
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Me either.
    If I was BigJim I'd drill a hole in the bottom of his so he wouldn't have to empty it.
    All you have to do is forget to take them in when it gets cold, only takes a drop of water in the bottom to freeze and crack them.
    Ask me how I know.
    Pat
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & Rotary Cutter, middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #82783
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,470 Posts
    Good morning, 48° but high mid 70's for the day and no rain.

Haircuts, then hopefully bike ride with grandsons , wife is going to walk while we are riding.

Need to mow here maybe when we get home this evening. if not Fri afternoon looks dry.

Later
    Good day
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #82784
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:19 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist1 View Post
    Rain gauge?? What rain gauge.....you seen a pic of BigJim's supposed rain gauge?? I wanna see a pic of the rain gauge before I'll even believe there is a rain gauge to put outside!!

I'm with you. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    no the gypsies had their own painting truck---no mistake of that--as it was covered in old paint
    getting the fridge this Friday now. they already know the old one is going in the basement--well at least the sales lady agreed to it. so time will tell-huh.

thanks OC. at least u believe me
    .................................................. .
    good morning-woke up early--this going to bed-with glasses on to watch tv is getting old--first thing i think of is them darn things when i wake up now-and realize their not where they was when i fell asleep.

ahh-back to dreaming the last several nights-maybe a week nowwhat scares me is the people in the dream are talking to me now that would be ok-but these people are ones who have passed away. boy it seems so real like.

worked on the plastic pipe on the pto shaft yesterday--spent an hr just looking for the paperwork that came with the pto shafts back when the RFM and brush hog was bought new back in 07. no where to be found---watched some video's on u-tube-could not find one video that showed my plastic coverings.
    gonna do some ordering of new ones today.

got the 50 out -but first the battery was dead-so pulled it when bren got home from work--5 ft and it fired right off-in the old days would pull it myself--with a long chain--jump off the 2520 and run back to 50 and yank the hand clutch back. yeah-it was dangerous back then--finally put a heavy duty larger battery in--8 yrs ago-this is the first time the battery was down-course i have always started it thru the winter months-this last winter i didn't start it any.

found out after a couple passes in my cousin's meadow-the plastic covering is also shot on the pto too. forgot about it finally giving up last fall. so now i'm up to replacing 3 of them.

later
    Anybody see where he said anything about a rain gauge or where he posted a pic? Yeah, neither did I. He's putting it so far behind himself hoping everybody will forget. Did I say enough about it this time?

Good morning! Had my coffee. What's left is for all the late comers. Hope there is enough left. If not tell Gizmo to make more. That way you can have fresh and he just might, I say just might, add some spirits to it. It will be of his choosing of 'course.

It was 61° here earlier with the wind doing a fine job of blowing. It was dry all day yesterday and so far today. Hoping it won't rain today as this is the day I will start mowing and if it does hold off I should get it done today too.

Later..................
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #82785
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 2,786 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    All you have to do is forget to take them in when it gets cold, only takes a drop of water in the bottom to freeze and crack them.
    Ask me how I know.
    I stopped buying them after going through a couple dozen of them for the same reason.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #82786
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I stopped buying them after going through a couple dozen of them for the same reason.
    I'll be joining you there after this one freezes.
    Pat
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & Rotary Cutter, middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Top | #82787
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Thanks
    Good morning all,

Weather is beautiful this morning, but 100% chance of rain overnight and Thursday. That's fine with me, as the newly seeded lawn can use it. The area that I seeded just 9 days ago is already starting to peek thru the straw.

Today's schedule is a brake job on my son's car. That will be it for the day.

Have a good one.

Later
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

10. Top | #82788
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Thanks

Got my X-Ray Report

Got the report and things show up with degeneration and other mild stuff. Course mild to a doctor is not the same mild to us I have found out. When they say bad your about dead mild, is haft way there. Now to see if injections can help with any of the constant pain in my hips?

Hips: Minimal bilateral hip degenerative joint disease with osteophytes. Mild bilateral hip joint space narrowing. Minimal pubic symphysis sclerosis.

Small chronic appearing calcification seen lateral to the right acetabular roof.

Left lower pole 1.3 cm renal calculus again noted.(kidney stone) not sure why they don't see the other one in the right too?

11. Top | #82789
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    Got the report and things show up with degeneration and other mild stuff. Course mild to a doctor is not the same mild to us I have found out. When they say bad your about dead mild, is haft way there. Now to see if injections can help with any of the constant pain in my hips?

Hips: Minimal bilateral hip degenerative joint disease with osteophytes. Mild bilateral hip joint space narrowing. Minimal pubic symphysis sclerosis.

Small chronic appearing calcification seen lateral to the right acetabular roof.

Left lower pole 1.3 cm renal calculus again noted.(kidney stone) not sure why they don't see the other one in the right too?
    Well placed steroid injections which are done under live fluoroscope can be very helpful in reducing pain and discomfort. I will tell you the process is a bit uncomfortable as when they inject the catheter, it feels like they are trying to ram a Bic pen into your back by hand, but its only uncomfortable for a short time. Plus, the relief from the injection usually far outweighs the momentary discomfort of the med placement.

Live fluoroscopic means they are injecting the meds while you are on an "Imaging Table" where the doctor inserts the catheter into your lumbar joints where needed and then they take an image to see just where the needle or catheter is located and they can see the exact placement inside your back or hip and they then they position it again and take another image, until its located exactly where its likely to be the most helpful.

This is the best way to do these injections as they can make sure to place the meds where they have the chance of being the most helpful. I have had dozens of these over the years in my lumbar spine, shoulder, neck, the base of my skull (those are painful) and sacroiliac and hip joints. It's better than just jabbing you with the needle and hoping its close.

Generally, My experience is when the imaging report says "Mild", they mean consistent with normal wear and age of the patient. When the issue gets to the point where it is severe, you are in such constant agony you are sweating while sitting there from the intense pain. It's not something you want to wish upon others ............well, maybe there are a couple of people........just kidding.......

If they are planning on injections, ask them if they are done under live imaging. They might require you to bring a driver with you to the appointment as most people they sedate to help reduce the "discomfort" of the process. I always waived any sedation or anesthetic and just bit the leather strap like the Cowboys do in the old Westerns when having my injections. The pain has to get pretty severe for one to pass out from it......

Another very helpful diagnostic test they can do is perform caudal injections on the area where the pain is originating and they inject a fast acting anesthetic which can immediately stop the pain. This helps assure them they have gotten the injection in the right area as the anesthetic will numb the area where it is blocked. As the anesthetic wears off, the pain will return, but a least during the time the drug is working, you know they have found the source of the pain.

Then they will often re-inject that area with the steroids since they have targeted the source of irritation causing the pain. Just keep in mind that the steroids typically take a day or three to fully start to work, depending upon the area where injected and numerous other issues, so don't expect a miracle right away or feel it was a waste of time, because depending upon the drug used, some time may be needed.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (06-12-2019)

13. Top | #82790
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Thanks
    Live fluoroscopic is how they were talking about so it is placed in the right spot. Haven't got my doctors report just the X-Ray Readers report. Thanks for the information it helps!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements