Good Morning - Page 8408
Page 8408 of 8453 FirstFirst ... 7408 7908 8308 8358 8398 8406 8407 8408 8409 8410 8418 ... LastLast
Results 84,071 to 84,080 of 84526
Like Tree1028503Likes

Thread: Good Morning

1. Top | #84071
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,998 Times in 2,170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    I can't remember when the last time I saw desktop PC. Where I worked everyone had a laptop, even the office rats.

I would recommend getting a docking station with the laptop. It will keep your desk cleaner, give you more power (larger charger) and more ports. The newer laptops don't have all the connection points that they used to so a dock is an easy solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    I agree on the dock. They really make a laptop work like a desktop. I have them at home and work. I only use the laptop monitor and keyboard when away from my desk.
    I donít know all too much about laptops - but I remember back in the day docks were available for most. In my travels the past week or so I have never seen a dock mentioned or available.

I would certainly buy and use one for my usage. Iíve been looking at Dellís Inspiron line - not a dock in sight.

As Diane suggested I will start a thread in the computer section. Have some ideas on how to move forward but could use some insight from those who know a lot more than I do.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #84072
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    Good Morning.

Funny how things change so fast. I'm down 3 full time people this morning. I'm actually out working.

I find it offensive that one member would pick on another about their height. What kind of person would stoop to that level?

I'm pretty sure that this one came from someone who doesn't have to stoop at all to be at that level....
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

4. Top | #84073
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    Looks like the Cajun Einstein might need a remote or an extension ladder to work off that bad boy?
    Heck old OC just needs a good stout rope to shinny up and then down on, may have to add a knot every foot
    due to my advanced age.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #84074
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I donít know all too much about laptops - but I remember back in the day docks were available for most. In my travels the past week or so I have never seen a dock mentioned or available.

I would certainly buy and use one for my usage. Iíve been looking at Dellís Inspiron line - not a dock in sight.

As Diane suggested I will start a thread in the computer section. Have some ideas on how to move forward but could use some insight from those who know a lot more than I do.
    I debated 2 months or so between a desktop or laptop to replace my old desktop.

Finally went with a laptop, absolutely no regrets for I guess 5 years now.
    Neil

Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Cajun For This Useful Post:

coaltrain†(07-12-2019)

8. Top | #84075
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    I debated 2 months or so between a desktop or laptop to replace my old desktop.

Finally went with a laptop, absolutely no regrets for I guess 5 years now.
    Thanks - that gives me some confidence in going that way.

It's just different - you know how we don't like change being old(er) and all.....I HATE any kind of change.....

But - I may need to get with the times a bit. I have in the back of my mind a few years back when I could hardly move. The time may very well come again where I can't do the stairs (my computer room is upstairs). In the case I am restricted to the first floor I would be without my desktop.

Found a laptop that I would be very happy with but it's called a "gaming laptop". I've never played a game in my life but I like the specs of the machine. But it's $800.......
    Gizmo2, rtgt, rydplrs and 11 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #84076
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Thanks

It's just different - you know how we don't like change being old(er) and all.....I HATE any kind of change.....

But - I may need to get with the times a bit. I have in the back of my mind a few years back when I could hardly move. The time may very well come again where I can't do the stairs (my computer room is upstairs). In the case I am restricted to the first floor I would be without my desktop.

Found a laptop that I would be very happy with but it's called a "gaming laptop". I've never played a game in my life but I like the specs of the machine. But it's $800.......
    I've used laptops at home exclusively since about 2002. I generally buy a new one every 5 years, I wouldn't blink at that price when you think about how long you're likely to have it and how much more stuff you can get done on one vs. a tablet or a phone.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 11 others like this.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

10. Top | #84077
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman View Post
    I've used laptops at home exclusively since about 2002. I generally buy a new one every 5 years, I wouldn't blink at that price when you think about how long you're likely to have it and how much more stuff you can get done on one vs. a tablet or a phone.
    At present I feel I have the best of both worlds with a desktop and iPad. I do use the iPad most of the time however.

Iím just balking I guess - I have been in the upgrade camp every 4-5 years myself. I am on year 6 right now with the current desktop. That is why I hesitate to put $150 into it right now - would likely be better off to put that $150 toward a laptop that I want. I am not compromising this time either.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, rydplrs and 9 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #84078
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Thanks
    I love my lap top it sits by my chair and I can just pick it up and go on line anytime. I used to use a desk top big one and it sucked like going to work sitting up strait and my arms cramping up. Now I can eat dinner, be on line, watch the news at the same time while talking to the wife in the living room. Best of all worlds.

Now I need a new one way to slow, keys have the letters wore off all over it. It was like $250.00 on sale but it has served it due and needs cut up and burned in my shop. No way my screwed up hands can type on one of those little phones and hold it at the same time. My thumbs would cramp up using them that way. My pointer fingers don't point so well so I use the next ones and hold the still with my thumbs to type. I miss letters and need to correct a bunch of stuff when done after I look back at the scream. I am old school and old, not real old about to turn 68 and just wearing out more.
    Last edited by JD4044M; 07-12-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 12 others like this.

12. Top | #84079
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Good evening all.

Company picnic went pretty good, lots of good food, a dunk tank that we used to sink the owner, the CEO and two of our division presidents. Someone brought a lot of squirt guns so they went to good use.
    Met momma at her work on the way home, had dinner and now here I am, they went to give a very nice older lady who lives by herself some homemade jam and visit with her for awhile. They do this every few months and the lady absolutely loves the company and adores both my wife and Emma.

OC, flyweight, LGM be safe and try to stay afloat.

Oh, real nice trailer Oxpath
    Last edited by PJR832; 07-12-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PJR832 For This Useful Post:

flyweight†(07-13-2019), Littlegreenmachine†(07-12-2019), OxPath†(07-13-2019)

14. Top | #84080
    Last Online
    Thanks

Yup, that was the biggest hang up for me, plus my old desktop had a full height tower case, lots of room to fiddle around
    with things.

Pushed that old Gateway desktop (400 MHZ if I remember correct) 12 - 13 years.
    Neil

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements