Good Morning - Page 8644
Page 8644 of 8706 FirstFirst ... 7644 8144 8544 8594 8634 8642 8643 8644 8645 8646 8654 8694 ... LastLast
Results 86,431 to 86,440 of 87054
Like Tree1068417Likes

Thread: Good Morning

1. Top | #86431
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Stopped at the dealer this morning. Mower looks good.

The'll install the mulching kit after lunch. I should taking delivery this afternoon.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------
    " If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"?
    - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #86432
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post

The'll install the mulching kit after lunch. I should taking delivery this afternoon.
    Plus ya didn't have to wait 6 months for it.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

4. Top | #86433
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 Times in 1,581 Posts
    Good morning, (afternoon) ,,, went to Oakland, Md this morning and had breakfast with a few Ma Bell retirees . Before breakfast stopped at storeroom and talked with some of the fellows my brother and I had worked with. Some hadn't heard of him passing away, same at the breakfast. Had a good visit, then went over to my JD dealer and talked with shop foreman for a while.

I have a Chiropractor appt at 1400 so needing to move on.

Later
    Good day
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 11 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #86434
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post

Great news. I would like to send these people packing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ocw.jpg  
    2320 200cx loader, 46 backhoe, 54"snowblower, original cab, Titan 42" forks, welded on hooks by neighbor.

7. Top | #86435

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    That’s awesome info - thanks. I will have to look into those cane/seat things.

Do they have wheelchairs readily available at the airports?

Just looked at a rollator thing on Harbor Freight. Didn’t realize they have a seat also. That might be an awesome thing to have also.

I see you went prepared - good for you! I’m sure those things helped make it a much more enjoyable trip for both of you.
    These are what I bought.

Rolator http://www.amazon.com/Lumex-RJ4718B-...66198794&psc=1: My dad wore out the wheels on his old one (Medicare purchased) and needed one quickly. Didn't want to deal with the paperwork AND wanted a height adjustable one for a better fit. Bonus was that being adjustable, handles would come off so it would fit in my trunk; first couple of rollators that he had could only fit in back seat. Added a front pouch/sack and an air-adjustable seat pad. Since my dad is currently in a wheelchair only, hubby tried this rollator and liked it better than the one I'd gotten for him when he'd had a severe gout attack during a bout with pancreatitis.

Cane Seat http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1: This is NOT good as a walking cane, but is very good as a seat - just like the reviews say. Saw posts that the leg bolt was weak, so replaced it with a hardened one before using.

Airline wheelchairs: I did not see a place on the American Airlines website to pre-select wheelchair assistance. It said to just ask. In Austin, the moment the walker was unloaded from the car, we were asked if we wanted a wheelchair. He was transported through security and to the gate waiting area. They would have taken him on the plane too, but we told them that he could make it with the walker. Once at the plane, the walker & the cane/seat were stowed by the crew and he used the seat backs to help while walking to the seat.

American had a wheelchair and an attendant (pusher) waiting for him automatically at our DFW plane transfer and at the destination, Vancouver. The walker & cane/seat were waiting by the plane's door too. I used it to transport some of the carry-on luggage which left a free hand for one other piece. We'd checked 1 bag originally ($30) so I had to deal with 2 carry-on bags, a laptop case & hubby's camera backpack. Flights were full, so American offered free checking of carry-ons at the gate area. I checked 1 more bag which made my pack-horse duty easier.

The return trip was via Alaska Airlines and I'd selected Wheelchair Assistance on their website. We had to change planes in Anchorage and Seattle. Wheelchairs were waiting at Fairbanks, Anchorage & Austin. Apparently 7 wheelchairs had been requested for the plane in Seattle, but only 6 showed up. Fortunately the gate for the plane to Austin was close & we told them he could manage rather than sit & wait for another chair.

HTH
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 09-05-2019 at 01:59 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dianedebuda For This Useful Post:

coaltrain (09-05-2019)

9. Top | #86436
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Thanks for all the details Diane - very helpful!
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 9 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #86437
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    Maybe up your way.

The rest area here is still open.

My wife is keeping an eye on some kind of migration chart and will let me know when to close up shop.

Pretty soon we'll be getting out the bird feeders.
    Thats what my wife is doing to. The birds will stop on their way through on their migration and will remember where they got food at. So each year we put them out when they start and take them down when they are finished. I am hooeful next spring we will have a bunch of residents here because they had a bunch of young ones this year. Going to plant more flowers and trees too. This year it didnt happen for obvious reasons.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 10 others like this.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

11. Top | #86438

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thanks for all the details Diane - very helpful!
    Hubby says to tell you that the biggest problem that he had was the stairs on the buses. They seem to have a higher than standard rise. Some had good handrails and some had missing sections.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 10 others like this.

12. Top | #86439
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    Hubby says to tell you that the biggest problem that he had was the stairs on the buses. They seem to have a higher than standard rise. Some had good handrails and some had missing sections.
    See....that’s stuff you never would think of.

I was really impressed with the airlines. My first question was going to be what do you do with the roller walker when you got on the plane. And I find the wheelchair service just great - he was treated like a king!

You’ve taken the edge off for me thinking about traveling - thank you! If I could only get through the #### process of getting my RealID.....
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 8 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #86440
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    Thats what my wife is doing to. The birds will stop on their way through on their migration and will remember where they got food at. So each year we put them out when they start and take them down when they are finished. I am hooeful next spring we will have a bunch of residents here because they had a bunch of young ones this year. Going to plant more flowers and trees too. This year it didnt happen for obvious reasons.
    We ALWAYS wait until we don't see any for a couple of days.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements