Good Morning - Page 9050
Page 9050 of 9092 FirstFirst ... 8050 8550 8950 9000 9040 9048 9049 9050 9051 9052 9060 ... LastLast
Results 90,491 to 90,500 of 90916
Like Tree1130912Likes

Thread: Good Morning

1. Top | #90491
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 897 Posts
    Careful Sulley.

The last time LGM and nugget were in the same sentence there was a dog in the road.......
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #90492

Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    Careful Sulley.

The last time LGM and nugget were in the same sentence there was a dog in the road.......
    Hmmm.
    Hint- no dog in the road......
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

4. Top | #90493

Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    At least I mentioned the photo recently in our PM conversation......Also, its no wonder you are tired since you were up sending Emails at 2:04am EST......I may not have noticed the "little nugget" but I did notice your "youthful appearance".

Is there any sort of contest or prize involved in locating or identifying the nugget?
    Your mentioning of the photo is what reminded me.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #90494

Last Online
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    New hampshire,"The Granite State": where we grow rocks
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    Bring on the gravy then! It's never too late to add gravy to anything. I heard a story about an ancient civilization that would put sausage and gravy on biscuits and even steaks in the morning? They became extinct eons ago for no apparent reason.
    Nice snow job or a dusting as we call it in these parts. Looks like the little snow squall we had has finally landed back east. I believe you have a second dusting on the way so keep the chains and plow handy. Good to see others have a one on one with their favorite toys!
    I have noticed some mod bashing going on here this morning. Be careful for I kinda like some of you instigators. That's all folks for now.
    I do like sausage & gravy on biscuits, get it most times when we breakfast out. Maybe now I'll start making it at home.

This half of the storm we got about 15" to add to the 9" we got Sunday night/Monday morning. Probably should of gone out last night and cleaned up part of snowfall I found a nice slippery slushy layer under the snow and probably could have used chains for traction. I did get stuck for a few minutes but didn't have to call a wrecker to get out, just used the loader to give me a little help. Will have to give consideration to the idea of getting chains.

BIL walked over half way through my tractor time. He broke the auger cable on his snowblower and couldn't locate one localy, so we went out back and shoveled out an inoperable blower and took off the cable. Fun thing to do in 2 feet of snow once it was off, easy peasy putting it on his blower. side note: he was scheduled to pull his travel trailer to Alabama for the winter Sunday now he is hoping to leave tomorow. Bet he wishes he left last week

We'll now that I'm warmed up time to go back out and finish the clean-up BE SAFE BE HEALTHY LATER
    Roger O
    1025R SCUT
    120R LOADER
    260B BACKHOE
    54D MMM w/ AUTO CONNECT

WISHLIST
    I WANT IT ALL

SSG US army 6yr 3mo 10d
    Work hard, retire, work harder

7. Top | #90495
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Marlin, best wishes and I am sure the surgery will go well. The Lord definitely is watching over you and your family. Looking forward to hearing from you yet today and a good report.

It's surprising how much the anesthesia takes out of you and how long it takes to get out of your system. The older I am when I keep having anesthesia, it's often a couple of days before I feel back to normal. Otherwise, you just feel exhausted and ready to sleep, so why fight it? Seems like you said something about this being another Hernia repair, but noticed your comment about having both hands to work with post surgery, so wondering if its a shoulder surgery of if you were just referring to the lifting and weight restrictions post surgery. Sure you will provide details.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JDForever - Not that you haven't been lectured enough about the dangers of hypertension, but its crucial to work on self relaxation techniques. It actually works and I can reduce my blood pressure by 10% or more, within just a few minutes of focusing on relaxing and clearing the worry clutter out of one's mind.

Worry creates tension, which tightens our muscles, which increases heart rate and blood pressure and it's like being on a downward spiral. Try to get comfortable, turn off all distractions, close your eyes and starting with your fingers and toes, focus on relaxing them and keep working up your arms and legs and you can loosen up muscles, reduce tension and lower blood pressure.

Clear your mind of all serious thinking and especially negative and worrisome thinking. Stop watching the news, you can't do anything about it anyways and fretting over it won't change a thing. Cast off the worries of the world and let others deal with it. Plus all of that is negative thinking and negative thinking isn't helpful in any manner. Yes, it's unfortunate all of the evil people inflict on each other, but I totally ignore 99% of the news and frankly, am happier for it.

Also, be careful with taking cold medicine and various over the counter meds to help with your sinus issues etc. as many of the products actually increase your heart rate and blood pressure, some dangerously so. Watch caffeine........and sodium, prepared foods which are packaged are often very high in sodium and that raises your blood pressure.

Extended headaches from hypertension are scary and you don't want to risk a stroke or aneurysm. Hypertension wears the body out prematurely. Your family needs you around for a long, long time, so its worth listening to and following the advice to reduce your stress levels and heart rate. Plus we need you here at GTT..........so here's to a lower BP and less stress......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No snow here, but cold with the wind. I was going to work outside today to finish leaves but still getting over the bug I picked up last week while at the medical facilities. Best way to stay healthy, stay away from medical facilities and people. I bet the people on the TV show that live in the Alaska back country rarely have these annoying illnesses from other humans. For the first time in memory, Mrs. Bear has the same bug, she is NEVER sick. I bet this is the first time in nearly 20 years that I can recall.

Found out today I won the election to continue to be head of the HOA. I will likely serve as both President and Treasurer, as no one wants to be the Treasurer. In fact the board members who were elected to serve with me were the one's I wanted. This next year should be less of a headache than the past year has been with none of the other board members doing anything meaningful to help with all that needs to be done. The new group should be very good to work with and I expect to accomplish much more this next year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got my new glasses yesterday and WOW, while the prescription had very minor changes in last 5 years , I have to say, the High Definition eye glass lenses really make a difference. Now, life looks like it does on my new HD television. Crisp and sharper. I thought the marketing was hype, but I am here to tell you the difference is amazing. When I first put them on, I thought the prescription was wrong but within a few minutes, my eyes adjusted and the result is very impressive.

My local eye clinic wanted $830 per pair for the glasses I buy, Titanium high flex frames with frame less lens bottoms. It's the same style frame and len's style I have worn before with the Transition Lenses which auto darken with UV rays and they are shatter resistant, scratch resistant and the best lenses I could find.

I ordered two pairs of these glasses from Walmart Vision center and they were $674 total. When you buy more than 1 pair at a time, the second pair are 20% off. I am very pleased with the quality and saving $1,000 over the local eyeglass option. I have gotten my glasses from Walmart Vision center now for 20 years and always had great service.

One year when I was in Sturgis, SD at the Harley rally, my glasses got damaged and I called the Walmart in Rapid City and they contacted the Walmart here at home and within 2 days, I had new glasses exactly like the ones which needed to be replaced.

The frames were the most expensive Walmart Vision center offers at $147 and the lenses were about $250 a pair with the HD lens, protective coating, Transitions auto darkening and other premium features. It's possible to get a pair of glasses at Walmart for less than $100 as they actually have frames starting at $9. I ordered them on Saturday night and had them on Black Friday, and that was with the Thanksgiving holiday in there as well, so the turn around is pretty fast.

If you wear glasses, do yourself a favor and check out the the High Definition Lenses. Impressive results is all I can say and well worth the money. Having my "old glasses" and my new HD lens glasses and being able to look through them one pair and then the other, the difference is really much more than I anticipated it would be and could be.

Hope everyone has a Great Day and that Marlin's surgery goes well and JDforever gets his blood pressure under control.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Marlin (12-04-2019)

9. Top | #90496

Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    SB: Marlin's getting a new nozzle for his periodic oil change (plasmapheresis). I've gone the opposite route with glasses. Going from glass lenses to poly via mail order. Cheap & works well for me although plastic seems to get dirty more than the glass did.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dianedebuda For This Useful Post:

Marlin (12-04-2019)

11. Top | #90497
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Hmmm.
    Hint- no dog in the road......
    Wasn't it you that posted a picture of a dog that left a nugget in the road at one of your work sites?

Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #90498
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Good evening everyone.

Got a couple more Gator loads of firewood split and stacked in the barn.

Hauled the debris to the burn pile with the tractor, then switched the bucket for the grapple and brought out a couple piles of sticks and limbs.

Tomorrow is another day. Just might go play with the chainsaw and build a few more grapple piles.

Hoping that Marlin is resting comfortably.

Nozzle for his oil change - good one.

Z915E
    XUV560

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

Marlin (12-04-2019)

14. Top | #90499
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Hey, y'all. Wuz-up?

I spent time in my shop on a design for a DIY wood stove. I'll be using a old 60 gal. air compressor tank. I think I just about have it figured out. I'm actually gonna build two 30 gal. stoves out of it. One for me, the other for my BIL(best sister's husband). It should do the job keeping our shops warm while we're working in them.

It turned out to be a nice day, with the high temp making it to 61°.
    The "experts" are predicting a better day tomorrow. A low of 41°, and a high of ~70° with clear skies. I my need sun-screen.
    Looks like I'll have to walk to the corner store in the morning, for more refreshments.
    I only have 3 bottles left from yesterday and will empty those before dinner is ready tonight.

Have a good evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails animated-smileys-drinking-108.gif  
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R, 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750 Tractor
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw, ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other useless stuff.

15. Top | #90500
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    gotta go wind has picked up now-

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    OxPath, The snow was nasty here also. Our driveway looks like a 2 year old or dieselshadow plowed it.
    I will bet even a 2 year DS would have done a damn fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    the bucket floated several inches off the surface even with down pressure.
    Hopefully before winter ends and after the corn is picked and the wagon is semi finished and what ever trouble I can find I will be debuting a snow plow. I want everyone to remember this weight issue before any comments are made.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements