Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is it just me or do a lot of us find the new camera work irritating

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks

Is it just me or do a lot of us find the new camera work irritating

Here is a big pet peeve I have. I despise the way they shoot video these days. They change the camera view every 1/2 second! My brain doesn't operate that fast! A couple of examples: I like to watch the "Overhaulin" shows. I think some of Chip Foose's designs are beautiful, but they ruin it for me with the camera work. I want time to really study the outcome, but instead they change the view very fast plus zooming in and out so fast you can't appreciate the craftsmanship of the build. A lot of times I just reach for the remote and turn a show off when they do that. It hasn't always been like this. It seems to have arrived in the last few years.

Here is another example. I was goofing around tonight and I wanted to see what the hottest Cadillac is these days. I clicked on this video to check out the Cadillac CTS-V.

You just have to watch the first 60 seconds to see what I mean. Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I've got the same gripe. Don't watch TV anymore, but when I see an ad like that, it has me wondering, "What are they hiding?" They obviously do not want one to see the image.
    PaDave and Levi like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts
    I agree as well. I find it very irritating. I recall reading something a while back that this rapid jump-cut technique is being pushed in film schools in recent years. I don't recall why they thought it was popular. I also remember someone saying they felt the technique catered to the short attention span of younger viewers.

On a similar vein, I find the over used fake drama inducing build-up music sirens used on virtually every "reality" show equally disturbing.
    Last edited by jgayman; 08-26-2014 at 06:20 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    12-15-2014 @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks
    It is irritating. I wonder, do they move along so we wont see waves in the bodywork? It's just the new way.

I hate how TV, (Land And Order is the worst) plays background music so loud I cant hear what they say. Maybe I'm just too old,,,,,,,,,

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Thanks
    The cuts are an attempt to keep the viewer's eyes on the screen. You've got a phone/tablet/laptop at your fingertips, why would you stare at a tv that isn't constantly updating? I know that my laptop and tablet have virtually ruined my movie viewing experience.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I've been watching the UK Top Gear for a long time and they really like their camera work. The US seems to have kept that aspect of the show. I enjoyed the #*@& out of that clip. If I have a question or see something I want to look at in a little more detail I do a Google Image search. In no way am I a camera guy. I'm a hack with a GoPro and a decent DSLR and I've always been fascinated with the neat angles and perspectives they come up with. I can see how someone wouldn't like how jumpy the video can be. Having grown up in the video game age I think that may have helped me. This is just me, but I've seen some shows that don't move around and I feel they look cheap and "slow". In Omaha, Channel 7 uses a more modern approach when doing their news and I like it, where channel 6 is a more stationary format and I can't watch it. I really like the show Gold Rush and they have some really cool photography also.

That Caddy is AWESOME!

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    ...... I like to watch the "Overhaulin" shows. I think some of Chip Foose's designs are beautiful, but they ruin it for me with the camera work. I want time to really study the outcome, but instead they change the view very fast plus zooming in and out so fast you can't appreciate the craftsmanship of the build.....

If they let you study the build you'd quickly pick out the corners that were cut or the details that were overlooked.

And what Bubber said
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 636mullet View Post

That Caddy is AWESOME!

You said it! I could really use that car when I merge onto I-44 at exit 96 when I head to Springfield.
    Last edited by jimfrits; 08-26-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    636mullet likes this.
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I don't like it as well but still watch and hope they go back to what I wanted to see and focus on that. Probably why I buy movies, so I can slow it down or pause it.To go off topic a bit, what makes your camera take purple pics in these new cameras that have memory cards in them? Doesn't do it all the time but is happening more and more all the time.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    go off topic a bit, what makes your camera take purple pics in these new cameras that have memory cards in them? Doesn't do it all the time but is happening more and more all the time.
    Do you have a purple cast to the entire image or just purple around the edges where there is contrast?

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast