• 4 Post By DRobinson
  • 1 Post By farmgirl19

Thread: RIP Jim Inman AKA JINMAN

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

RIP Jim Inman AKA JINMAN

I had promised you FG19, to let you know about a friend of many of the folks here and on TBN passing away. Jim Inman passed yesterday afternoon. Jinman's Lift Project - Page 12 #113
    Last edited by Kennyd; 09-07-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Edited unrelated content

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacerron For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (09-07-2014), farmgirl19 (09-07-2014), Kennyd (09-07-2014), MtnViewRanch (09-07-2014), Texkev (09-11-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Thank you for posting that, pacerron, and letting me, and the others here know. He was a great guy, and will be missed by many.
    Last edited by Kennyd; 09-07-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Edited unrelated content
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    (I moved this to it's own thread rather than have it posted in a unrelated for sale thread.)

Jim was a long time member of TBN, one of the original gang from over 14 years or so ago. Jim bravely posted a thread on TBN over a year ago about having been diagnosed with breast cancer, and how it sought a doctors help about cheat pain before the diagnosis, he kept the TBN community updated all through the treatments-often with graphic details all because he wanted to help others not be ashamed if they where experiencing the same symptoms.

Several members of TBN recently installed a lift at Jim's house because he could no longer navigate the stairs, in the thread linked above in the first post you can read what real friends can and will do for each other in times of need. It's a truly touching story, especially if you know some of the history behind it all.

Yesterday, Saturday 9-7-14 at about 4:00pm Jim last his battle and went home to his maker. I can assure you that will be one packed funeral home and service with all the friends Jim has!

RIP Jim.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (09-07-2014)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    About 1 in 100 cases of Breast Ca occur in Men, it definitely can happen.

Hopefully his honesty will help save someone in the future.....

-J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

9. Top | #5
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    While I'm at it.....

My Fiance, Megan (sports doc) and I (Surgeon), have hosted 2 years worth of a fundraiser at our acreage all aimed at what we initially called "Mental Health in Sport". What we didn't realize is that what we really meant is "Mental Health in Successful People". "Successful" does NOT equal rich - successful mean different things to different people. This past year Megan, I, our friend Darryl (a former Detroit Red Wing), and Devon (a good friend and ferrier, Journeyman Welder, and Sheet Metal-smith) sat in front of about 100 folks and spoke openly about what has driven us to the good places in that we each are in now, and the lows along the way.

I have a vague hypothesis/question about whether it is our success that makes some of us anxious and depressive, or is it our anxiety/depressiveness that leads to our drive for success..... I dunno, but I'm workin on it.

Anyways, why I bring this up is because it seems that Jinman said "afvckk!t" and told everyone about what some/most would've taken as an embarrassing diagnosis - breast cancer in a man. I bet it was his hope that talking openly about it will prevent someone from the same path in future, and that's exactly why the 4 of us spoke at our fundraiser.

Anyways, there's my rant, from my soapbox - the soapbox that will soon be used to help me up to the first step of my new 5075M!!!! Thursday or Friday!!!

-J.
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, Vern1026R and 2 others like this.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Here is the link to the obit. Someone else was kind enough to make sure that I received it. There is also a video on it. But don't watch in public. Let's just say my allergies are making my eyes water like mad!

Jimmie Inman Obituary - Coker-Hawkins Funeral Home - Decatur
    etcallhome likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmgirl19 For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (09-10-2014), Gizmo2 (09-10-2014)

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    While I'm at it.....

My Fiance, Megan (sports doc) and I (Surgeon), have hosted 2 years worth of a fundraiser at our acreage all aimed at what we initially called "Mental Health in Sport". What we didn't realize is that what we really meant is "Mental Health in Successful People". "Successful" does NOT equal rich - successful mean different things to different people. This past year Megan, I, our friend Darryl (a former Detroit Red Wing), and Devon (a good friend and ferrier, Journeyman Welder, and Sheet Metal-smith) sat in front of about 100 folks and spoke openly about what has driven us to the good places in that we each are in now, and the lows along the way.

I have a vague hypothesis/question about whether it is our success that makes some of us anxious and depressive, or is it our anxiety/depressiveness that leads to our drive for success..... I dunno, but I'm workin on it.

Anyways, why I bring this up is because it seems that Jinman said "afvckk!t" and told everyone about what some/most would've taken as an embarrassing diagnosis - breast cancer in a man. I bet it was his hope that talking openly about it will prevent someone from the same path in future, and that's exactly why the 4 of us spoke at our fundraiser.

Anyways, there's my rant, from my soapbox - the soapbox that will soon be used to help me up to the first step of my new 5075M!!!! Thursday or Friday!!!

-J.
    Five or six years ago, I had a "lump". I had to have a mammogram (female technician was very nice and scheduled me so there would only be she and I there at the time). After that it was a biopsy (sp?). All turned out negative, but I have to tell you, after being through a lot in my life, that incident scared the hell out of me. I have used my experience to try to influence reluctant females to get checked. At my age, the filter between my brain and mouth is pretty much inoperative, so it is much easier to talk about stuff like that. I can't tell you the feeling of relief when the doctor told me the biopsy was negative.

I didn't know Jim, but if any of you, male or female, find anything that doesn't seem just right, get to the doc. I'm sure that Jim would say the same as I.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rgd and 1 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (09-13-2014), Kennyd (09-13-2014)

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I think the mammograms are a double edged sword. While they may detect something, they also expose you to radiation. If it was a one time only event, might not be so bad, but yearly, I am not convinced. I've known several people that have battled breast cancer. All of them found the lump themselves, 3-5 months AFTER having a mammogram done, that came back CLEAN. I think that stresses the importance of self exams. Jinman had noticed his own lump, well over a year ago, but he didn't think it that important, and it was garden and harvest, canning and freezing season, so waited until it was more convenient.

If any of you are looking for the earliest detection, see if you can find a location doing thermograms. You may have to drive to a larger city to find one. Thermograms will actually detect an area of warmth, as the blood supply is being laid down to feed a cancer, BEFORE you can feel the lump, OR a mammogram can detect it. And, there is no radiation, so no cumulative effect on the body. Also, thermography has been FDA approved for decades. But, GE doesn't make the money on the equipment the way they do the x-ray units, so it is hard to find a doctor that knows about the option, much less recommends it. Hard to believe, after all these years of being FDA approved, most docs haven't learned about it.

So, as jinman would also say, take your healthcare into your own hands and learn, and do those self exams, and do not put it off, if you find something. The life you save may be your own, or the life of someone that you love.
    Gizmo2 likes this.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farmgirl19 For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (09-14-2014), Jeff R. (09-13-2014), Kennyd (09-13-2014)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements