Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By UnionSchnauzer

Thread: K-Day 2018

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks

K-Day 2018

Yesterday, the 17th of February was the annual Kmart Hot Wheels K-Day. They day us collectors (along with scalpers and hoarders) gather to get a chance to open new cases of Hot Wheels cars and have the pick of the litter. New colors, exclusive cars, and the opportunity to purchase enough cars to send in for a mail in only car you can purchase. This years mail in offer is for a '55 Chevy Gasser. I don't normally like gassers but I love '55 Chevy's do I'll make an exception.

I met a collector from Denver CO. He was in our lovely state working on a project and came to our local Kmart. It was nice to talk with him about our passion for the die cast, what we collect and our lives, our work, and family. Stories of collecting with the added life stories gives color and depth to our discussion.

The cars are finally brought out and we all get a case to open. Trading for cars between each other and helping those who might be a little slow with a disability, it was a great way to kill a few hours.

This is the mail in car. I will get one.

It will be a sad day when Kmarts are gone. I don't think that will be long.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4c23d886-1c1b-4e24-a2fa-64b6d8118233.Full.jpg  
    Last edited by UnionSchnauzer; 02-18-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements