Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: Coyote's

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks

Coyote's

I've heard here in Michigan, they are growing and taking out many small game animals.
    some close townships have said that ALL small game are GONE!

Up north on my Parents property many of them exist - as one would expect.

We recently moved here ( still in the suburb ) 5 months ago.
    In the woods in the back yard a month ago, we saw a coyote walking thru with
    something in its mouth - maybe a couple hundred feet away.
    The neighbor said he saw one last summer just sitting at the grass line while he was on his lawn mower cutting grass. The coyote was looking at his other neighbor's pet dog out on the back porch.
    My wife in telling some co-workers what we saw, has received this picture from her friends sister out in Arizona with this coyote sitting on top of the fence...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c 001.jpg  
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Levi and 15 others like this.
    Have no Fear -
    Ride a DEERE !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 1,213 Posts
    That one is serious about scouting for dinner.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Levi and 6 others like this.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    I have a ton of them around the 30 ac I just purchased. The previous owner took out 9 last season., and I found one dead as I was walking around this weekend (probably had been dead in the snow all winter and just now is thawing out.) Found plenty of droppings, ripped up rabbit fur and turkey feathers around the property as evidence of their presence as well.

I won't have any problems taking out a few if they need to be thinned. Not sure what I'd do with the fur but I'm sure I could find something. A little research on the subject makes me believe prep work on their pelts isn't really all that difficult or labor intensive.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-18-2019 @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    22/250 is a great coyote round. We have a problem here with them taking deer down. lost 2 fawns last year. I dropped 4 with the first snow last fall.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Levi and 10 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-18-2019 @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks
    I read an interesting article a few years back; it seems that the Hudson Bay company has been in the fur business forever, and a review of their records over a couple hundred years says that the number of predator/prey furs that they bought vary from year to year, and it shows the following correlation: Furs and hides from the prey animals will increase as their populations increase, and the predator furs increase a year or two behind them; then the prey animals furs decrease and the predator furs follow the decline the next year.

We have more deer and turkeys here that was probably here when Columbus sailed. We are beginning to see some isolated sightings of mountain lions; we already have a lot of bob cats and coyotes; and more red foxes that I have ever seen! I have seen two foxes in my yard the last couple of months; one set off the motion light on my driveway, and the other one raided my compost pile last week in broad daylight.
    Last edited by 2LaneCruzer; 04-03-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Have wings, will travel.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Thanks
    A couple years ago a neighbor 2 houses from me lost a small dog to a coyote and last week another dog was reported killed by coyote in a nearby community, both suburban areas.
    About 5 years ago the city I live in, which is about a 20 minute drive from downtown Detroit, hired trappers to cut down on the coyote population. A friend of mine who lives in a more rural setting not far from me can hear them howling at night quite often and has actually been confronted by one about dusk in his backyard a while back but it eventually walked away without taking any action. There are coyote sighting all the time around the metro Detroit area, they usually stay away from people, there habitat is slowly disappearing because of us building more and more homes wherever we can stick them.
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 2,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    I read an interesting article a few years back; it seems that the Hudson Bay company has been in the fur business forever, and a review of their records over a couple hundred years says that the number of predator/prey furs that they bought vary from year to year, and it shows the following correlation: Furs and hides from the prey animals will increase as their populations increase, and the predator furs increase a year or two behind them; then the prey animals furs decrease and the predator furs follow the decline the next year.

We have more deer and turkeys here that was probably here when Columbus sailed. We are beginning to see some isolated sightings of mountain lions; we already have a lot of bob cats and coyotes; and more red foxes that I have ever seen! I have seen two foxes in my yard the last couple of months; one set off the motion light on my driveway, and the other one raided my compost pile last week in broad daylight.
    That’s true about how their population varies. From what I have read a female coyote can have only 1 pup or as many as 8 or 9. This all depends on the available food and their own density.

Mother Nature at work.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, PaDave and 7 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Big
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Thanks
    We have a huge coyote problem here in SC. All they do is eat, reproduce, and repeat. No harsh winter's to starve any out, they hunt easily all year. Deer fawn mortality rate is north of 50 percent because of coyote if I recall. Our Hunt club thins them out every year but we can't seem to keep up. 5.56 suppressed with Night Vision scope and a preaditor call works well. For those of you that living inside city limits, I would see about trapping them.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Levi and 7 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    We have coyotes but we rarely see them during the day...hear them in the evening and early morning. I think ours are pretty lazy because the cottontails and prairie dogs are all over. Sometimes the horses get extra spooky and looking all around - I'm guessing they have seen one or more.

They are actually more of problem in the suburbs near here...there's lots of food, pets, pet food, and people can't fire a gun at them. I read posts about them (people) filling a can with rocks and shaking it at the coyotes. Well, that may make the coyotes die laughing.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, PaDave and 9 others like this.
    Terry
    World Series of Team Roping member
    John Deere 2440
    Howse bush hog
    J-Bar 7' blade, rake & post hole digger made by somebody
    bunch of home made pull-toys, groomer, bale spears
    Dodge dually '03

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    Help is here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 178972i_ts.jpg   Silencerco-Sparrow-22-SU75-817272010008.jpg.jpg  
    glc, Gizmo2, ColonyPark and 11 others like this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast