Sonic Highways: For Lovers of Music
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sonic Highways: For Lovers of Music

  1. Top | #1
    Jer
    Jer is offline
    Jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 173 Times in 118 Posts

    Sonic Highways: For Lovers of Music

    Wanted to let any of you that love music like I do - that is, most of it - that Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are hosting an 8 show series on HBO called "Sonic Highways" where they travel to 8 iconic US studios - Austin, LA, Nashville, Seattle, NY, Chicago, DC, and New Orleans - and record one song for their new album. Their portion of the hour is about 10%, and the other 90% is a very thoughtful history and take on the culture of that city's scene. I just watched the one from Nashville - amazing.

    Just FYI.

    -J.

    ps - Dolly Parton was REALLY PRETTY in the 70's........
    farmgirl19 and Levi like this.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

    2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

    Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

    2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

    Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,629
    Thanks
    2,115
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Wanted to let any of you that love music like I do - that is, most of it - that Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are hosting an 8 show series on HBO called "Sonic Highways" where they travel to 8 iconic US studios - Austin, LA, Nashville, Seattle, NY, Chicago, DC, and New Orleans - and record one song for their new album. Their portion of the hour is about 10%, and the other 90% is a very thoughtful history and take on the culture of that city's scene. I just watched the one from Nashville - amazing.

    Just FYI.

    -J.

    ps - Dolly Parton was REALLY PRETTY in the 70's........
    She still is for those of us who are her age or older. As Gizmo would write, "just sayin"
    farmgirl19, Levi and 2LaneCruzer like this.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  4. Top | #3
    Jer
    Jer is offline
    Jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 173 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    She still is for those of us who are her age or older. As Gizmo would write, "just sayin"
    Emmy Lou Harris was on there as well. She's still very pretty....... a lot less flashy, but a very pretty lady.

    -J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

    2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

    Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

    2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

    Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,040
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    A few folks outside of GTT have spoken very highly of the series as well. Maybe it will be available on DVD later for those of us who don't have HBO.
    DRobinson likes this.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  7. Top | #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,919
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 256 Times in 196 Posts
    I don't have cable. What's a Foo Fighter, anyway
    HydroHarold and 2LaneCruzer like this.

  8. Top | #6
    Jer
    Jer is offline
    Jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 173 Times in 118 Posts

    Sonic Highways: For Lovers of Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    I don't have cable. What's a Foo Fighter, anyway
    Oh dear......

    You may or may not like their music, but Dave Grohl is a very cool and thoughtful guy.

    I too hope it'll be on DVD or iTunes.... "iTunes" is something from the future..... Don't worry about trying to use it unless you have a DeLorean and 1.7GW of energy.....

    I wish they had gone to Detroit for a Motown episode.

    -J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

    2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

    Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

    2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

    Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

  9. Top | #7
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,347
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 510 Times in 367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    I don't have cable. What's a Foo Fighter, anyway
    The term originated back during WWII when airmen saw an unknown object in the air...commonly known today as UFOs. The Airmen dubbed them "Foo Fighters"; presumably because they couldn't label them friend or enemy or otherwise identify them.



    http://www.unmuseum.org/foo.htm
    Last edited by 2LaneCruzer; 11-07-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    Myasis Dragon likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

  10. Top | #8
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,629
    Thanks
    2,115
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    I don't have cable. What's a Foo Fighter, anyway
    I wanted to ask the same question, but I thought it might date me. Thanks, Tonton.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

    5304 (11-07-2014)

  12. Top | #9
    Jer
    Jer is offline
    Jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 173 Times in 118 Posts
    Well, there's two ways to look at this:

    1. You're a young punk and you don't know the original meaning

    Or....

    2. You're an old fart and you don't know who The Foo Fighters are.......

    I'm somewhere in between.....

    Dave Grohl (the lead singer) is an interesting character. I'd say one who has changed music forever. He was the drummer for nirvana before Cobain died, played with pearl jam, and was asked to join Tom petty (I bet you know who that is, ) as a drummer. He played every instrument in the first foo fighters album.

    He's a funny dude, and hosted "Chelsea Lately" for a week while she was away. He's also a really nice guy.

    -J.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jer; 11-07-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Myasis Dragon likes this.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

    2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

    Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

    2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

    Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

  13. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,786
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 167 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    What's a Foo Fighter, anyway
    They be fightin the foos
    -Scott-

    2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

    You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •