Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Flag pole

1. Top | #1
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks

Flag pole

I've been wanting to do this for some time now. Finally did a little research and found like most things you check on the 'net it's ((information overload))!
    Anyway,this is the one that I sort of decided on, and was wondering if any member has one from this company. I'd like to go higher, but the price does the same, and they become a real challenge to get vertical.

Really cool that they have the solar lights now that go on the 'top" of the pole!
    I'm also going to change it to a rope kit. I really don't want to hoist that pole anymore times than absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any input.

30 Ft "Superior Three" Telescoping Flagpole (Reg $654,SALE $454): Telepole Manufacturing Shopping Cart
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 1,066 Posts
    I've been wanting to get one myself. I've been looking on ebay and the Company I was looking at was out of Michigan but I think they all are pretty much the same. The one I looked at was 488.00 and one piece which makes shipping a hassle as they don't ship to a resident. I haven't looked in awhile so things may have changed.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Thanks
    I'd like to see more advice on this as well. I may put one up in the spring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,447 Posts
    I have a 22 foot telescoping. The name on mine is "Uncommon The Original Telescoping Flag Pole". My wife bought it from the local Sea Explorers. They installed it and did a great job. I added a solar light a few years ago. My original was a solid pole with a rope halyard. It was a PITA when the rope had to be changed. Of course, I never changed it before it broke when I could use the old rope to pull in the new one.

The telescoping would be my choice. It isn't that difficult to raise and lower the sections.
    glc likes this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    I've been wanting to do this for some time now. Finally did a little research and found like most things you check on the 'net it's ((information overload))!
    Anyway,this is the one that I sort of decided on, and was wondering if any member has one from this company. I'd like to go higher, but the price does the same, and they become a real challenge to get vertical.

Really cool that they have the solar lights now that go on the 'top" of the pole!
    I'm also going to change it to a rope kit. I really don't want to hoist that pole anymore times than absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any input.

30 Ft "Superior Three" Telescoping Flagpole (Reg $654,SALE $454): Telepole Manufacturing Shopping Cart
    Thanks for the info. I have also been looking for a flag pole and this looks pretty good. Keep us posted as to how it works out.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

8. Top | #6
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    We have 3 flag poles - all from Uncommon USA. 18, 20, and 25'. All three are the HD. All three with the LED solar lights on the top.

The Good - The poles themselves have been great. They've stood up to NASTY winds (100+MPH wind). They are really easy to raise and lower, i would not bother with the rope kit. You have fly 2 flags per pole, if you wish, and you can fly one at half-mast when needed. They come with the PVC tube you need to install the 'socket'. You need to auger out a 12-18" hole, 3' deep I believe, place a couple shovel-fulls of gravel, and then concrete the tube/socket it. Once the concrete is cured, drop the pole into the PVC and you're good to go. The pole easily slides out if you wish to move it or take it down.

The Bad - Small issues, but the chain that connects the LED light to the flag has failed a bunch of times, leading to some mods to make it work. In this past summer's storm (the biggest storm I've ever lived through, winds >150km/h (~100MPH)), the poles survived, but the flag actually sucked the rings right off the top of the 25' pole, and took the LED light with it. The light has survived, and it now lives on top of our windmill for a cool night effect. I still have to get the hardware to get the 25' pole flying a flag again.

We've even got the 2" hitch receiver pole mount so that we can fly a flag behind the gator!!!

The telepole's look pretty good to me, and a thirty footer would be nice!!

Any other Q's please don't hesitate....

-J.
    glc and DRobinson like this.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I've had a 20' Uncommon 3 section pole for about 14 years. Got mine from the local feed store and I get sale ads every year or so from them. I usually buy one of their 3'X5' flags, either the HD dacron or nylon when I need a replacement. I prefer the nylon as it flies better in light breezes. I use 2 12v 10w halogen spots mounted on a chain link fence top rail to light it with a timer. The lights shine straight up 6' apart w/visors so the light isn't visible standing on the ground. I've not see any solar lights that will stay lit all night or supply enough light coverage. My flag is lit regardless of which way the wind is blowing and the LED/solar unit I had before just couldn't do the job.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks
    I reckon' I'm getting by as cheap as I can. I have my 3% flag attached to a 10' length of conduit and layed on top of my gutter system out back where my shop is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Three Percenter Flag out to the Shop 002.JPG  
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Berger For This Useful Post:

Jeff R. (11-10-2014)

12. Top | #9
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    That is pretty cheap.

Still effective, but cheap.

Hahahahahha

Harold, my LEDs will stay on all night in summertime, but not in the shorter day winter. What did you use to make visors??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

13. Top | #10
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    That is pretty cheap.

Still effective, but cheap.

Hahahahahha

Harold, my LEDs will stay on all night in summertime, but not in the shorter day winter. What did you use to make visors??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm, so it won't be lit all night in the winter months. Not good, and it would be too much of a job to try and run electric to where I want the pole!
    Getting bummed out now.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD: