Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Hey All

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks

Hey All

Good morning everyone. I haven't been here for quite sometime. I have soooooo much going on..........it's crazy. Between work, spending a lot of time at the fire station, my son's neurological issues and medical appointments, projects at home..........I just don't have any spare time. I barely get to watch football. I did however do some work on my snowblower and cab. I installed an actuator on the deflector, installed a switch box, added front lights, a beacon, and a fan. I'll post pics soon. The members of this forum have given me so much advise. I've learned a ton. I'm gonna try to be around more often. Until then...........take care all!
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 9 others like this.
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling40man View Post
    Good morning everyone. I haven't been here for quite sometime. I have soooooo much going on..........it's crazy. Between work, spending a lot of time at the fire station, my son's neurological issues and medical appointments, projects at home..........I just don't have any spare time. I barely get to watch football. I did however do some work on my snowblower and cab. I installed an actuator on the deflector, installed a switch box, added front lights, a beacon, and a fan. I'll post pics soon. The members of this forum have given me so much advise. I've learned a ton. I'm gonna try to be around more often. Until then...........take care all!
    Prayers offered-up to quell all your concerns.
    By the way, are you anywhere near Veazie Maine? Wife and I were up there many years ago to build a Power Plant up in that area.
    Beautiful area, to be sure!
    sterling40man likes this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Berger For This Useful Post:

sterling40man (11-21-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome back, hope all smoothes out for you and you get enough down time for alittle football at least......
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fdmars For This Useful Post:

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome back Bob.

Glad to have you back...
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in wisconsin For This Useful Post:

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,446 Posts
    Good to hear from you Bob. Hope everything works out ok with your son.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

12. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Glad to hear you're doing ok.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

14. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Hey Bob, thanks for checking in. Life gets busy and we all have to take care of the important stuff. Good Luck and hope things get better.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

16. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,616 Posts
    Good to hear from you Bob, Prayers to you and your family , take care of that son. Keep us updated if and when you have a spare minute.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

18. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,957 Posts
    Thanks for the update sterling40man. We're here for ya.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

20. Top | #10
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. It's been challenging. My son had a stroke and seizures when he was 8 months old and spent a month in the pediatric ICU. They finally got the seizures to stop and we went home. He had lost about 1/3 of his brain, his eyesight and most of his mobility. After a few weeks of being home we noticed that his eyesight was starting to come back. We had him on seizure meds for a year and he did great………..not one seizure. So, the doctors decided to wean him off the meds. He's now 8 years old with the mentality of a 3 year old. He wears glasses but still doesn't quite understand on how to tell us what he can and can't see. The optometrists have been great and are using a "best guess" for his prescription lenses. The entire left side of his body is a little slow due to the brain damage. We’ve since changed neurologist because the other one retired in February. The new neurologist has been great. The only thing is that we need to travel six hours south to see her. Hey……..whatever it takes. Since he was a new patient for her………she suggested we have an EEG done……….first time since he was an infant. She wanted to see how his brain activity was. When she looked at the EEG results………she said that there were sparks everywhere and anyone of those sparks could cause a seizure anytime. She also said that he would be prone to having seizures when he becomes a teenager. While she was looking over his records, she showed us his brain MRI that was taken 4 years ago. The back and a little bit on each side of his brain is missing.........it never grew. We were in awe. She told us that it's a miracle he can see since the back of the brain controls eyesight. He looks and acts like a regular kid until you talk to him. His speech is a little slurred. He probably won’t be able to tie his shoes or zip his jacket until he’s 12………but that’s OK. He’s here with us and that’s all we can ask for. Just this past summer he started having seizures again. We’ve had to take him to the ER a couple of times. He was put back on two separate seizure meds. One is Kepra………the same as when he was an infant. The other was Lamictal. After about 1.5 months of being on those two meds he was beginning to have an extremely hard time to sleep at night. He would wake up anywhere from 3-7 times per night and call out to us. Each time it seemed that he was dazed and confused for about 10 minutes. Once he came out of it………he was able to fall back asleep. Like I said……..he was doing this anywhere from 3-7 times per night. The wife and I were not getting much sleep and after nearly a month of this we decided that something needed to be done. We called his neurologist last month and told her what was happening. She suggested doing a 48 hour EEG. This way she could see what his brain activity was doing 24 hours a day. On 2 days’ notice……….we drove down and had the EEG done. We ended up staying at my brother’s place in New Hampshire. Thank god for he and his family’s hospitality. We would’ve hated to stay in a hotel room for 2 whole days. After this was done………we talked about what was happening at night and weather it was a reaction to one of the meds. We knew it wasn’t the Kepra because he had taken it when he was an infant and there were no side effects. We all decided to wean him off of the Limictal and increase the Kepra. Since then he has done a lot better with just one med. He still wakes up at night, but it’ll be only once or twice and only a couple of times a week. We’re taking it one day at a time. We feel extremely blessed that he’s here with us……..full of pee and vinegar! We wouldn’t trade him for the world.

My friends at work all pitched in and got him a toy tractor. Guess what kind it is? LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141018_182520.jpg   20141018_183203.jpg  
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sterling40man For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (11-21-2014)

22. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast