Like Tree100Likes

Thread: How's the weather at your place? - December 2014

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 2,264 Posts

How's the weather at your place? - December 2014

Here is the start of a weather thread. I thought one for each month would work nicely so the thread doesn't get too long and make it easy to look back at previous months. Nothing real special or dramatic - just like to see how the weather is at our different member's homes - and pics are great! It's also fun to compare the far southern regions to ours more up north in the winter - love to see those folks from the deep south wince when they see all the snow pics.

I'll start by posting a pic from my weather cam. This image is live - it updates itself every 10 minutes but is inactive at night of course:

Today is hanging at 32F and just got done snowing - got about 1" overnight. Of course our rural PennDot guys couldn't keep up with it (yes, I used to word there) - roads are still covered here. Forecast for next week is kind of warm for us:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a bonus I found this morning - here is a code for a free year membership to Weather Underground:

Join the wunderground community and become a member! | Weather Underground

Use code QWV35 - when signing up choose the Premium Member box for $10 - then when checking out enter the code to get one year of ad-free membership.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how's the weather at your place?
    Superglidesport and Levi like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Cool, but warmer than it was just a few weeks ago. Today it hovered around 40* with a low of 25, and temps are supposed to begin climbing. 51 on Saturday and maybe even 54 on Monday.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. Top | #3
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Made it to 63* today. Has been overcast most of the day. (Had a little sun this morning.) Even misted for a few minutes. But my pastures are ready, and a little green winter grasses are already making their possibilities known.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1961 - C.JPG   100_1963 - C.JPG   100_1965 - C.JPG   100_1966 - C.JPG  
    Levi and 96PSD like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Thanks
    Mixed is the best way to describe it right now. About 32 out now, but they are talking almost 50 by Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Just looked outside and it snowing pretty well - radar shows a good band right over us. There is finally enough snow out there to plow tomorrow - supposed to end up with 3"-5". I actually hate the first couple times plowing as the driveway (gravel) is still soft - have to have a tender touch on the bucket curl.

I'll be watching 56FordGuy's post being in Tenn. I often think of where the best place to live would be weather wise. Eastern Tenn has the mountains I love and a bit milder winters.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    02-19-2016 @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Cool, but warmer than it was just a few weeks ago. Today it hovered around 40* with a low of 25, and temps are supposed to begin climbing. 51 on Saturday and maybe even 54 on Monday.
    What he ⏫ said. Our December appears it's going to be warmer than November where we reached the low teens a few nights with some snow. At least I hope it's warmer. So far so good.
    Levi likes this.
    dj

jd 4105 w/FEL

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Made it to 63* today. Has been overcast most of the day. (Had a little sun this morning.) Even misted for a few minutes. But my pastures are ready, and a little green winter grasses are already making their possibilities known.
    Thanks for sharing the pics! I understand more about when you were talking about all the mowing you were doing in the CUT thread. Lots of nice wide open space but it does look dry?
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    All I know is I wore a short sleeved shirt all day and was very comfortable. The only white stuff here is if we forget to dust the house.
    Levi likes this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

11. Top | #9
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrapile View Post
    All I know is I wore a short sleeved shirt all day and was very comfortable. The only white stuff here is if we forget to dust the house.
    I don't forget. I just don't always do it!

Turned out to be a nice day, temp-wise.

Coaltrain; Yes, things are VERY DRY in this part of the State. Had some good rains the end of June that flooded almost everything around, so it filled my stock tank. But no rain to run off since, and it is down significantly. Hope to get rain soon, because I restocked that tank with minnows and catfish in July!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    In the 25-low 30's and about 1.5 inches of lazy snow on everything but the driveways and roads. This will be the last snow that doesn't stick on pavement, the ground is "catching up".

Here's some Karma for you: The guy at the corner spent a bazillion $'s on new solar panels all over his house and garage roofs. It was finished about 2 weeks ago. We've had probably 3 days of any kind of partial sunlight since the sign on the street ("LOOK UP") was planted to point it out. I think he'd better do a "Sun Dance" the rest of this winter!
    Ultrapile, Levi and Jeff R. like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast