Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Laugh of the Day - - - Share Yours

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks

Wink Laugh of the Day - - - Share Yours

Was puttering around and a neighbour stopped and asked me "if I was opening a JD dealership?"

The yard has a new 1025r and 6 major implements all nice and shiny as well as my brother's and nephew's new ride JD 160 rideons
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    I have no idea what you are talking about,,,

etcallhome, Gizmo2, pappa and 6 others like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

4. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post

None of that is green?
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pappa and 4 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Thanks
    I walked into my local TSC (Tractor Supply Company) at noon the other day to pick up a couple things I needed. I was a frequent customer there for over 10 years by that time. I was wearing a suit and tie as we had corporate visitors at the office for a monthly business review. When I came to the register to pay for my stuff the gal behind the counter asked me if I was going to someone's funeral that day and I responded no, I was just running errands over lunch. She was shocked and said, "You're not a farmer, what do you do with all the things you buy in here?" So I explained how I worked in the office but was a farmer at heart with horses and a small acreage to keep me entertained.
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    I walked into my local TSC (Tractor Supply Company) at noon the other day to pick up a couple things I needed. I was a frequent customer there for over 10 years by that time. I was wearing a suit and tie as we had corporate visitors at the office for a monthly business review. When I came to the register to pay for my stuff the gal behind the counter asked me if I was going to someone's funeral that day and I responded no, I was just running errands over lunch. She was shocked and said, "You're not a farmer, what do you do with all the things you buy in here?" So I explained how I worked in the office but was a farmer at heart with horses and a small acreage to keep me entertained.
    Answer: A gentleman farmer

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

Exactly

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    None of that is green?
    I never get that much green stuff out of the shed at the same time to take a pic,,,

Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    I never get that much green stuff out of the shed at the same time to take a pic,,,

That would be interesting . . . pictures of our tractors and implements

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    Sounds to me like someone is keeping an eye on you......in a good way.

I likely would have said "I have to keep producing those winning horses for the Kentucky Derby and you and your store make it possible"....

Seriously, that personal connection is important to me, especially in this day and age.

I was in the water store we use the other day and since I usually get 14 to 16 of the 5 gallon water jugs, instead of getting them out of the front of the store, I have a routine where I pull up to the rear door and park my SUV. Then I walk through the front entrance and cut back into the warehouse, open the overhead door and drive my vehicle in and across the building to the massive stacks of palleted water bottles. I get what I need, put the empties in the rack and pull back out and shut the door behind me.

When I am at the overhead door, I grab my boxes of K cups off the warehouse shelves and put them in the front seat. After I pull out and close the overhead door, I park my SUV back at the entrance and I go in and tell the gal at the counter what I got for the day so she can put it on my account. I also tell her if I opened the last case of coffee or took the last few boxes so she knows.

I was last at the water store a couple of days after I lost my one German Shepherd so my mind is distracted. I walk into the show room after getting the water in my routine and tell Renee' "16 bottles back and 16 out, plus 3 boxes of Breakfast Blend"........

She says "Breakfast Blend? When did you change, you normally get the Butter Toffee coffee?"

Well, she was 100% correct and when I grabbed the Breakfast Blend boxes, it didn't seem right to me........ Not sure why I took those. Distracted, I guess.

I like having the stores I deal with know me well enough to prevent me from making mistakes, like I almost did with the coffee.......She then asked me if everything was OK and I told her about what had happened and she understood, since she is canine mom herself.

I was at the small local grocery store recently where we frequent and I was picking up something my wife had asked me to get. When I got to the counter, the lady at the checkout said, "Are these for your wife?" She then said "If they are, she doesn't get the Sugar free ones, she likes the regular ones".........and of course, she was right.

I will take that personal attention any day over the "Self scanning" at the huge stores and the transaction part of the process with little difference or interest in the customer..............

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    Stopped by Wal-Mart last night to get a case of BL to go with a pizza the warden ordered. It was a quick run in, grab, and dash except the dash didn't work out well. My wife and I have a family friend living with us and she was with me. The lady at the self check wanted to see both of our IDs. Casey showed hers first and me being the smartass I am said I would show her mine but I was old enough to be Casey's father. The lady looked at my I'd and said that I was only 10 years older and that would only happen in a messed up world. Whoa, what?

Apparently the mental image got to her because she then said it was disturbing to her that I would have that thought. I saw no reason to continue to feed her mental image so I let the joke die a quiet death. I thought to myself, you work at Wal-Mart, the premier humor headquarters on planet earth, and you have no sense of humor?

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast