Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Pray for those affect by the winter temperatures

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks

Pray for those affect by the winter temperatures

I know it isn't much to offer, but I pray for those who are going through these trying times the winter weather puts on them.
    I pray that their power facilities remain intact and functional.
    I pray they are able to receive the comfort of warm food and drink they need for survival.
    I pray that they all have safe and un-interrupted travel.
    I pray that their loved ones are kept safe and sound and not in harms way.
    I pray that those who need to venture out in this weather return safely at the end of the day to their families.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Berger For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (01-06-2015), Kennyd (01-06-2015), Levi (01-07-2015), NEWT (01-06-2015), oldlar (01-06-2015), sterling40man (01-07-2015), weekend warrior (01-07-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    02-19-2016 @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    I know it isn't much to offer, but I pray for those who are going through these trying times the winter weather puts on them.
    I pray that their power facilities remain intact and functional.
    I pray they are able to receive the comfort of warm food and drink they need for survival.
    I pray that they all have safe and un-interrupted travel.
    I pray that their loved ones are kept safe and sound and not in harms way.
    I pray that those who need to venture out in this weather return safely at the end of the day to their families.
    Amen, and also for those who have to go out in it to protect and serve us, along with the firemen and medical personnel.
    dj

jd 4105 w/FEL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plateauman57 For This Useful Post:

jdmich (01-07-2015)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    Nice things to pray for.

We cannot imagine the cold here like everyone up north gets.
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry for "going Geezer" again, but in the '50's through the 70's this was normal weather around S. New York and it lasted far longer in cold spells AND we got plenty of snow with it. Also most folks didn't have 4WD back then and there was far less btchin' about the weather. I also worked outside most of my life high and low temps (even in the rain and sleet! WOW!) Maybe that's why I don't panic when it gets cold and windy or hot and humid...

Just get dressed right and think ahead, we all know it's coming when the days start getting short..
    Last edited by HydroHarold; 01-06-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroHarold For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (01-07-2015)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Thanks
    -35 wind chill as I type this.
    House on top of a hill without any substantial trees for 1 mile.... The furnace is working hard to keep my 7 month old warm.

Maybe I should drop 5k on a cab.
    HydroHarold, Levi and JimR like this.
    PAST: 13' X738, 87' 318, 72' 140 (wish I still had all of them)
    PRESENT: 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, 47" QH blower, Case 52" tiller, FIMCO Sprayer, Ballast Box, Subsoiler, springs & hooks
    FUTURE: Forks, Cab, Quick Hitch Blade

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    Sorry for "going Geezer" again, but in the '50's through the 70's this was normal weather around S. New York and it lasted far longer in cold spells AND we got plenty of snow with it. Also most folks didn't have 4WD back then and there was far less btchin' about the weather. I also worked outside most of my life high and low temps (even in the rain and sleet! WOW!) Maybe that's why I don't panic when it gets cold and windy or hot and humid...

Just get dressed right and think ahead, we all know it's coming when the days start getting short..
    I have to agree. While not going back quite as far, last winter was just a normal winter around here. The past 10 years or so have been super mild.

Another difference I see from the old times - people seem to have to go somewhere all the time even if the weather is bad. What happened to staying put if the weather and/or roads are bad? I remember when I was running a highway plow truck I would see it every time - snowing so hard I could barely see the bulldog's butt on the hood, but here comes miss mini-van - white or gray color with no lights on - on her way to Wal-Mart. I understand those who have to get to work - employers are not forgiving at all about missing work becuase of weather. I would time my plowing run to have the main road that the commuters would use in the best shape I could when they were going to/from work. But these people who are just out for a ride or something unimportant during a storm drove me nuts. Then it also taxes the emergency responders when they end up upside down in the ditch.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #7
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    In my area, we used to get maybe one snow/ice event each winter. It would last a day, and be gone by noon the next day. Last year's ice storms and the cold settling in here now has always been rare, and so many people and communities are not prepared for it. I probably over prepare, but one can never have too many provisions such as firewood, food, water and toilet paper!! After all, it will all get used at some point.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    02-19-2016 @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Why people wait to the last minute amazes me. As previously stated we knew it was coming. My neighbor came over today to borrow some pipe insulation to wrap an exposed pipe with the windchill in the single digits instead of doing it a couple of days ago when it was around 50.
    etcallhome, HydroHarold and Levi like this.
    dj

jd 4105 w/FEL

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I don't much worry about the weather. Get as prepared as possible and deal with it. That's the way I was taught. Besides, you know how us "older" types are. We had to walk to school, 10 miles each way and it was uphill both ways with snow a$$-ole deep. But we did have boots to pull on over our shoes that had 4-5 buckles on the front of them. At least they covered up the shoes that had holes in the toes of them. ... looking back, that was the good ole days! No wonder I like my tractor so much. I like these good ole days better. Back then it was horse and buggy...I'm NOT going back to them ways!!
    Last edited by Levi; 01-07-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    etcallhome and coaltrain like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    -35 wind chill as I type this.
    House on top of a hill without any substantial trees for 1 mile.... The furnace is working hard to keep my 7 month old warm.

Maybe I should drop 5k on a cab.
    Pssst! Get a heater in that cab!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast