Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Farmgirl19 MIA?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-20-2017 @ 11:41 AM
    Thanks

Farmgirl19 MIA?

Anybody heard from FG19 lately? It's been awhile since she last posted.

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Thanks for asking, Dave! This girl of the South has been getting ready for the COLD temps due to move into the region tonight. Between the farm, and the job, I've been pretty busy and preoccupied. I've missed everyone here, and hope that I have things set to "coast" for the next few days.

I also put another 1/2 cord of wood on the back of the farm truck and pulled it into the garage. At least if it does bring sleet and snow later this week, I'll have dry wood, and a nice stack for the fireplace.

But, I really do stink at COLD!!!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Cold. It is 5* F here in Lancaster with a few inches of white stuff on the lawn. Both stoves are going and keeping this drafty old farmhouse warm and cozy. Gotta love those soapestone stoves!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    But, I really do stink at COLD!!!
    That's a classic line! And I am right there with you glad to hear you are prepared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

7. Top | #5
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    While I realize the temps expected to hit here by tonight are not too extreme for many of you, it is pretty rare here, and one has to worry about loss of power if sleet/freezing rain moves in. Without power, there is no well, and I have to make sure I have all water troughs filled to capacity, and extra gallon jugs in the garage for drinking for me and the dogs, just in case. As rural as I am, if power does go down, this area is one of the last to be restored.

This might be the year I break down and get that generator and have an electrician put in a second box. At least then, I can have the well, hot water, and the blower on the fireplace, in the event of more weather like this.

I have plenty of food for the critters and me, so for now, am as prepared as I can get. (And if provisions run short, I stored up a little extra pounds over the holidays, so I can last a while without food! )

But I have plenty of firewood and candles, so I won't freeze to death in the dark!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DOGoodman View Post
    Anybody heard from FG19 lately? It's been awhile since she last posted.
    I was thinking the same thing last night. Without looking back the last I remember her posting was pics of the ice at her place.

Glad to see you're OK farmgirl - time better spent to keep warm as you say!
    farmgirl19 and Levi like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (01-07-2015)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Thanks
    I too "stink" at COLD! I think I'll borrow that line.

I "should" load the 2011 Silverado with wood just for the weight and stability on these winter roads, but sounds like a lot of work and I am sure the wood pile is frozen into one big clump.
    Levi likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    While I realize the temps expected to hit here by tonight are not too extreme for many of you, it is pretty rare here, and one has to worry about loss of power if sleet/freezing rain moves in.
    Sleet/freezing rain is a mess no matter what state it falls in!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    While I realize the temps expected to hit here by tonight are not too extreme for many of you, it is pretty rare here, and one has to worry about loss of power if sleet/freezing rain moves in. Without power, there is no well, and I have to make sure I have all water troughs filled to capacity, and extra gallon jugs in the garage for drinking for me and the dogs, just in case. As rural as I am, if power does go down, this area is one of the last to be restored.

This might be the year I break down and get that generator and have an electrician put in a second box. At least then, I can have the well, hot water, and the blower on the fireplace, in the event of more weather like this.

I have plenty of food for the critters and me, so for now, am as prepared as I can get. (And if provisions run short, I stored up a little extra pounds over the holidays, so I can last a while without food! )

But I have plenty of firewood and candles, so I won't freeze to death in the dark!
    Fill the bathtub for you and the dogs. In a pinch you can always drain water from the water heater. Good to hear you have firewood and candles. Hurricane lamps and a gallon of oil go a long way too.

Getting down to the single digits again tonight. Wind chill of -10* (plus drafty old windows). I'm actually looking forward to Tennessee weather.
    Last edited by 5304; 01-07-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    farmgirl19 likes this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks

Once you get the generator, what you need is a generator transfer switch. For a portable generator, I would recommend just putting a manual transfer switch. It is a lot cheaper and easier. For a permanent generator, then the automatic transfer switch makes the most sense.

Dave
    Zebrafive and farmgirl19 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (01-08-2015)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast