Thanks to all who have recommended PB Blaster!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Thanks to all who have recommended PB Blaster!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks

Thanks to all who have recommended PB Blaster!

New woodstove has not arrived at the dealer yet so I'm trying to make the fan system (dual squirrel cage blowers on the front) last until the new one is installed. One of the fans started squealing the other day so I took the whole thing out to the shop. The bearings for the fans are quite well hidden between the frames of the motor and the baffles of the fan cages, couldn't get oil down to the bearings by the "guitar string method".

Looking at the lube shelf of usual spray/pump/drip/squirt products I remembered I had some PB Blaster that I got last summmer after reading a bunch about it on this forum. Shot some of that stuff with a "red straw" attached on the bearing vicinities and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Quieted that fan right down! Thanks a million to all who've posted about it. It now will be IN FRONT of the WD-40 on the shelf!

(Of course when some of that stuff worked it's way into the air jacket of the stove Wifey noticed the aroma right away... But, living with me she's fairly used to all manner of oderous vapors in the house both inorganic and organic. Opened some windows for a while and that has pretty much quelled both our nausea problems.)
    Last edited by HydroHarold; 01-09-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    That's my go-to stuff, I love it. The every popular "Kroil" in not sold anywhere that I've seen around here, and the PB has never let me down.
    HydroHarold and BigJim55 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    That's my go-to stuff, I love it. The every popular "Kroil" in not sold anywhere that I've seen around here, and the PB has never let me down.
    Same here Kenny. They pretty much all have PB Blaster. I was wondering if it was just as good as Kroil.............now I know. That's what I'll get.
    HydroHarold and BigJim55 like this.
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Thanks
    I have used Kroil for several years to soak and break loose important bolts.
    PB is backup when I have to really lather things down. Very stinky.
    I have a gallon can in cabinet and fill a trigger bottle.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 1,103 Posts

Lubricants!!

Quote Originally Posted by sterling40man View Post
    Same here Kenny. They pretty much all have PB Blaster. I was wondering if it was just as good as Kroil.............now I know. That's what I'll get.
    sterling40man ; I also have used PB Blaster for 25 yrs. yes smells are not the best in closed area's buy it by the gallon can!! I have tried jd fluid film on several different parts and save that (snake oil) for special occasions, Big Jim
    HydroHarold and sterling40man like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Me too PB Blaster , have used wd40 but if I want it to come apart without breaking I use PB Blaster.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Me too PB Blaster , have used wd40 but if I want it to come apart without breaking I use PB Blaster.
    Maybe it's time for WD to come out with 40.1? It has it's uses, I used to be a fanatical Liquid Wrench fan and somewhere along the years they seemed to change the formula (AND the old fashioned scent) and it didn't seem to work as well for me. I still do use my own "snake oil" mixes for some things but the PB is mighty handy. Have to try the non-aerosol stuff in one of my pumpers also.

I was going to try "Strong Arm Fluid" on it so I read through all of the sheet that comes with it and there was little info on electric motors or their bearings, just switch contacts, battery cables, etc. Rather than fire in the dark I used the PB. It is still quiet 24 consecutive hours later...
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

NRA Life Member

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-22-2018 @ 09:10 PM
    Thanks
    Funny enough I've had some PB on the shelf for a few years, but the couple of times I tried to use it on a stuck bolt I wasn't impressed. Then yesterday I was trying to replace the baskets in the bathroom sink and couldn't get the top cap lose so I tried some PB. Only took it about 15 seconds so break it lose them. Although I did then have to air out the bathroom for about 2 hours....
    - Mike

2014 1025R

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarmstr View Post
    Although I did then have to air out the bathroom for about 2 hours....
    I usually have do that here every day PB or not!

It's always useful to have the locked up parts at or somewhat above "room temperature" and in the cold weather warm whichever snake oil product you use just a little also. Spray it a couple times as the part is cooling and then give it a try. I like my Milwaukee adjustable heat gun for jobs like that.
    Gizmo2 and Jeff R. like this.

NRA Life Member

12. Top | #10
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    I usually have do that here every day PB or not!
    Too Much Information!
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast