Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Drawn and Quartered

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-26-2019 @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks

Drawn and Quartered

...the guy, or group, who not only concocted the idea of these "new" @#$%^ gas cans...

They should be hunted down, dragged, tar-n-feathered, hung slowly, drawn and quartered, choked, water-boarded, shot in each appendage, repaired, then shot again...

Thank You California
    Gizmo2, Sergeant, jgayman and 11 others like this.
    2018 JD 1023E/120R FEL/47"Blower/IMatch ballast bucket/LandPride 0560 Grader

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks
    Yes! They are a PIA to say the least!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    Yes! They are a PIA to say the least!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...nt=firefox-b-1

I have an old 5 gallon metal safety can that I wouldn't/couldn't do without.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (06-11-2018), Kloudbuster (06-12-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,263 Posts
    I have spilled more fuel during a single usage of an "EPA can" than I have with all of my old school cans combined. All "new" cans have been retrofitted with EZ Pour spouts except one - and that is my No Spill can. It works flawlessly from a dispensing stand point but it does have one glaring flaw. If you leave it sit around half full or less it will blow up like a beach ball by day and collapse flat by night.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdDog0 View Post
    ...the guy, or group, who not only concocted the idea of these "new" @#$%^ gas cans...

They should be hunted down, dragged, tar-n-feathered, hung slowly, drawn and quartered, choked, water-boarded, shot in each appendage, repaired, then shot again...

Thank You California
    You can thank our overly litigious society and the lawyers that feed them... they are so sue happy the legislators step in to “help” is poor sheeple out and make a fine mess of everything
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Curious minds want to know - what is the specific problem with the new gas cans? I’ve never seen any - my gas cans are all at least 20 years old.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Ray_PA and 3 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Curious minds want to know - what is the specific problem with the new gas cans? I’ve never seen any - my gas cans are all at least 20 years old.
    My initial response was to stare into space similar to the way Elaine did on Seinfeld when her friend asked her if there was anything wrong with Kramer. :-)

I've had two basic issues with the new cans...

1. Some of them require three hands to unlock the automatic pour spout
    2. Upon dispensing fuel with said automatic pour spout, a portion of the fuel goes onto the ground or your pant leg which is equal to or greater than the amount of fuel that actually went into the tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPA_spout.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	629642

The image above is one example. To dispense you must first turn the green collar 90-degrees or so and get it to lock in that position. Then you tip the can and apply pressure to the little nub that sticks out and this compresses the spring loaded spout allowing an internal spring loaded baffle to rotate and allow fuel to pass. If you relax the pressure for even an instant the spout re-locks itself and you must begin the procedure all over again. Oh... and yeah... fuel is leaking out all over the whole time.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Herminator (06-11-2018)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    My initial response was to stare into space similar to the way Elaine did on Seinfeld when her friend asked her if there was anything wrong with Kramer. :-)

2. Upon dispensing fuel with said automatic pour spout, a portion of the fuel goes onto the ground or your pant leg which is equal to or greater than the amount of fuel that actually went into the tank.

The image above is one example. To dispense you must first turn the green collar 90-degrees or so and get it to lock in that position. Then you tip the can and apply pressure to the little nub that sticks out and this compresses the spring loaded spout allowing an internal spring loaded baffle to rotate and allow fuel to pass. If you relax the pressure for even an instant the spout re-locks itself and you must begin the procedure all over again. Oh... and yeah... fuel is leaking out all over the whole time.
    OK - thanks. Sure looks like a pain.....I guess I should be glad I hung on to my old ones. I think I have 7 or 8 of them. Some were given to me from a guy in a fire department from the city. Every 2-3 years they have to replace theirs for no real reason.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

Not to mention it takes at least 15 minutes to empty one into your machine, as opposed to a minute or 2 for regular spouts
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast