Just a reminder , may save someones life..
Like Tree19Likes
  • 9 Post By etcallhome
  • 2 Post By MDrew
  • 1 Post By farmgirl19
  • 1 Post By etcallhome
  • 4 Post By dieselshadow
  • 2 Post By John Deere 1025R TLB

Thread: Just a reminder , may save someones life..

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts

Just a reminder , may save someones life..

Stroke has a new indicator

They say if you e.mail this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along?

Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue

I will continue to forward this every time it comes around!

image001.jpg

STROKE: Remember the 1st Three Letters..... S. T. R.

STROKE IDENTIFICATION:

During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) ...she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

It only takes a minute to read this.

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)

(I.e. It is sunny out today.)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

I have done my part. Will you?
    glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 6 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (01-19-2015), DRobinson (01-21-2015), felixm22 (01-18-2015), Gizmo2 (01-18-2015), glc (01-18-2015), Heavy Hitch (01-19-2015), Vern1026R (01-18-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Thanks
    That's not exactly correct. While based in fact so far, in the 10 years, hasn't proven to be that good of indicator of a stroke. There are much better signs to look for.
    From Snopes.com, the Internet hoax site:

While getting appropriate medical care for a stroke victim as soon as possible is extremely important, doing so does not come with a 100% guarantee that a stroke identified and treated within a 3-hour timeframe will not cause permanent damage.

The warning signs of a stroke are:

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.

Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or understanding.

Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.

Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.

Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.

Ergo, for once there's a "Send this to everyone you know!" missive afoot that really does contain highly useful and important information. Yet the Internet, while sometimes used to disseminate actual fact (such as the above), is also often used to spread utter nonsense.
    You can read more about it here: snopes.com: Three Simple Tests to Detect a Stroke

Anytime an email says send to everyone you know, or to X number of people it's usually some type of hoax or contains a lot of misinformation. I wonder why people start stuff like that when it doesn't take much time to get the true facts. I'm not ripping on you Gene, I feel you were just duped into spreading a little misinformation that seemed to be true.
    DRobinson and BigJim55 like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

5. Top | #3
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    You can also look at their eyes. Oftentimes, a stroke victim will have unequal pupils, meaning one can appeal dilated and the other constricted, or smaller. Look at the overall person, and use all of the above. If any of those signs are present, might be worth a trip to the doctor or hospital to be checked, to be safe.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    That's not exactly correct. While based in fact so far, in the 10 years, hasn't proven to be that good of indicator of a stroke. There are much better signs to look for.
    From Snopes.com, the Internet hoax site:

While getting appropriate medical care for a stroke victim as soon as possible is extremely important, doing so does not come with a 100% guarantee that a stroke identified and treated within a 3-hour timeframe will not cause permanent damage.

The warning signs of a stroke are:

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.

Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or understanding.

Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.

Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.

Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.

Ergo, for once there's a "Send this to everyone you know!" missive afoot that really does contain highly useful and important information. Yet the Internet, while sometimes used to disseminate actual fact (such as the above), is also often used to spread utter nonsense.
    You can read more about it here: snopes.com: Three Simple Tests to Detect a Stroke

Anytime an email says send to everyone you know, or to X number of people it's usually some type of hoax or contains a lot of misinformation. I wonder why people start stuff like that when it doesn't take much time to get the true facts. I'm not ripping on you Gene, I feel you were just duped into spreading a little misinformation that seemed to be true.
    Worst thing I found this in a old email of guessing 5 or 6 yrs ago and seen the info didn't really read the bottom part of the page..
    I know about the part if it has pass this on most or all the info is BS sorry for the info

If adm wants to remove the posting it is fine with me.. I have no problem with deleting the post.
    DRobinson likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

8. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    If adm wants to remove the posting it is fine with me.. I have no problem with deleting the post.
    This was still a good and informative thread Gene. Your mission was accomplished.
    glc, Gizmo2, farmgirl19 and 1 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    It also depends on the type of stroke for recovery. TIA or transient Ischimic Attack, will show all the signs of a full blown stroke but typically will subside fairly quickly. This is a warning of a potential pending full blown stroke and still needs immediate care. It is important to relay a much info called out above to the attending as the symptoms upon arrival (at least with my Dad) had disipated to the point the Doctor thought nothing was wrong.I was an EMT at that point and kept pushing the doc to check more. They did and found it was a minor TIA. Treatment was begun and he lived another 17 years. More TIAs and finally a full blown stroke took him. But he was very healthy and happy in those years. So pay attention to this and your loved ones. It can mean a great deal.
    Thanks Gene. It is the thought that counts.
    farmgirl19 and BigJim55 like this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

10. The Following User Says Thank You to John Deere 1025R TLB For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (01-19-2015)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements