Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Anyone Own A ClubCar Or EZGO ??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks

Anyone Own A ClubCar Or EZGO ??

We stopped at a used golf cart shop today, most of what he had were 4 seaters.
    They were both electric and gas,, I was amazed at the size of the gas tank on the gas powered ones
    They must have a range of over 300 miles.

So does anyone own one?
    Is $4,000 a fair price for a 2014 or 2015 gas powered cart?

I know nothing about the electric, the seller said the gas have a little more power.

He sold the optional big tires, that looks like a poor choice, power wise.
    The tall tires look like they would rob the torque, through reverse gear reduction?

The store has a rather steep paved road directly behind them, the golf cart went right up with 2 of us on it.

Hmmmmm,,, do you have any golf cart thoughts??
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    We have a Clubcar. I think.

I guess it depends on the use. We have a small hitch on it so we can pull a utility trailer. This is the best thing ever for picking up sticks and basic yard work. No setting the parking brake and much easier to get on and off of. Compared to the tractor or ATV. Not to mention easier on the grass.

Ours is electric and retired from a golf course. We have had it for probably 14 years I think. Just replaced the batteries last year but it works good. Not so much in the snow but in the spring/summer/fall it is great. Different tires might help the snow performance but it is normally just stored all winter.

Not sure what they are going for to comment on the price.

Where you missed out is a few years back I guess they qualified for a tax credit being an electric vehicle and that they can in many states be licensed for road use. After the tax credit they were free. If I knew about that when it was available I would have looked into getting a new one but didn't read about it until it was closed. Also not sure they can be licensed here in MN. So maybe it didn't matter for me.
    Last edited by sennister; 06-19-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and CADplans like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    CADp -

I own a '99 EZGO 36v. electric four seater in the winter Florida home. The only thing I've done is replace batteries and tires. Over this past winter, I upgraded the major wires from the stock 6ga. to 4ga.There are just four wires, the cart seems to have a bit more performance and the burnt wire insulation problem went away

I'm intrigued about the gas carts, think that one would be a quasi-gator on the Ohio farm, but have done little more than wonder.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    We stopped at a used golf cart shop today, most of what he had were 4 seaters.
    They were both electric and gas,, I was amazed at the size of the gas tank on the gas powered ones
    They must have a range of over 300 miles.

So does anyone own one?
    Is $4,000 a fair price for a 2014 or 2015 gas powered cart?

I know nothing about the electric, the seller said the gas have a little more power.

He sold the optional big tires, that looks like a poor choice, power wise.
    The tall tires look like they would rob the torque, through reverse gear reduction?

The store has a rather steep paved road directly behind them, the golf cart went right up with 2 of us on it.

Hmmmmm,,, do you have any golf cart thoughts??
    Last edited by PikeCoGreenTractorMan; 06-19-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    Gizmo2 and CADplans like this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Thanks
    I have an electric 2 seater, but have not be able to determine the brand. Supposedly I can lift it up enough to see under it and determine the brand. It is old, but works just fine. I bought it at an estate auction 2 years ago and it came with new batteries and new flat proof tires. I checked the price of the batteries on-line and the price I paid was just about what the batteries cost. It had been modified to put a carry all platform on the back which was just what I needed. Just used it today to run down to my neighbors a 1/4 mile south of me. I think I like the electric better because all I have to do periodically is plug in the charger. It has plenty of power, so I think that is a myth about gas engines having more power. In fact, on a golf course I went to a while back, they told me that the electric units were the only ones powerful enough to climb the hills they had on the course and they had no problem in doing just that with two of us on board. I also use it to pull my spreader/seeder and my Fimco trailer sprayer, which I did Saturday. I use the trailer sprayer to spray my gravel driveway and also my neighbor's gravel driveway to take care of the weeds. If I could have afforded a Gator, that is what I would have, but this does pretty much the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

Dave
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and CADplans like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 2,264 Posts
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    I bought this EZGO RXV last year for my dad to use. I paid $2400.00 for it. It is a 2015 and is 48 volt electric. It still has the original batteries in it. I'm not sure who told you the gasoline models have more power, they do not necessarily. In fact the gasoline models are not permitted in many campsites anymore and require more maintenance.

This RXV model actually generates power to charge the batteries when going down hill. This also provides some braking effect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Golf Cart EZGO RXV.jpg
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, ColonyPark and 4 others like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 07:22 AM
    Thanks
    Ive got a 98 club car with a gas motor and yes they go forever on a tank of gas!! They use very little of it to begin with. Owned it for about 15 years. Only thing ive done is a few oil changes with spark plug, fuel filter and air filter (like $30 maybe) and i think 2 batteries. Im about to do the drive belt and starter belt as theyre starting to squeal but I figure 20 years isnt too bad on some belts!!

-Jordan-

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:19 AM
    Thanks
    I have two EZ-GO's gas models. 2006 Workhorse and a 2009 workhorse. I have the larger tires on mine, I can tell you that the 350 robin engine is plenty of power to move the cart anyplace you want. One thing you can do to increase the torque is to purchase a 1" smaller drive belt, which I did, this thing climbs anywhere I want around the farm. None of my farm is flat there are rocks and hills everywhere. I do think that $4000 is a bit steep. Most are around $3000 - $3500. I have had mine now for about 5 years.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Thanks
    This is a Club Car....on steroids!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1315[1].jpg
    ColonyPark, BigJim55 and goat704! like this.
    JD 4066r with H180 Loader
    3rd SCV for Grapple
    Pat's Quick Hitch
    Brown 6'4" Disc Harrow
    Kodiak 5' Medium Duty Brush Cutter
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Numerous Other Misc. Attachments

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I bought this EZGO RXV last year for my dad to use. I paid $2400.00 for it. It is a 2015 and is 48 volt electric. It still has the original batteries in it. I'm not sure who told you the gasoline models have more power, they do not necessarily. In fact the gasoline models are not permitted in many campsites anymore and require more maintenance.

This RXV model actually generates power to charge the batteries when going down hill. This also provides some braking effect.
    this is something i haven't checked out yet. but for the price u paid-i need to go look at some. granted i couldn't ride it in the wintertime--but i didn't realize one could find them that reasonable-thanks
    ColonyPark likes this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast