• 1 Post By RodW

Thread: Summer Projects 2018

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 979 Posts

Summer Projects 2018

I have reached a point where after 12 years, I feel I have kind of "caught up" with my outside projects. What is left is stuff that "could" be done, not "has" to be done. So I went back and looked at the 2017 version of this thread.

I said, "I will be calling someone to pump my septic tank as well, I need to paint some trim on the house and garage, and finish a flagstone walk and add a yard drain by the garage. Inside, we need to replace the shower and tub insert in the main bathroom. I'm not sure they used blueboard when they did the walls and ceiling, so it may end up being a partial gut job. The vanity could stand to be replaced too. While we're at it, I'd like to see a new floor with in floor heat added. And if we're feeling rich, new counters and sink in the kitchen. The bathroom work, my dad has volunteered to do. He is retiring on Friday and my folks will be here all summer. I didn't argue with him."

The only thing still hanging is the trim painting, but my dad wants to do it....so it's all his. How's it going for everybody else?????
    jdmich, PJR832 and bvbearcat like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    CP thats a pretty big wish list. Mine is to make it through the summer and not drown with all of the rain we have been getting....
    ColonyPark, PJR832 and bvbearcat like this.
    2017 JD 2038R, 220R Loader Heavy Bucket, Single Point Hydro
    60" MMM w/ Mulching Kit, JD iMatch, Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar,
    Custom Deck Dolly, Titan Forks, Strongway Plug Aerator,
    ECHO 58V Trimmer, Blower & Chainsaw, Ford F250,
    Jeep Grand Cherokee, 92 American Skier, 18 Lamar Tilt
    Deck Trailer

Brendan

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fjjd18 View Post
    CP thats a pretty big wish list. Mine is to make it through the summer and not drown with all of the rain we have been getting....
    It was a big list, and an expensive one too. But we had been saving for the bathroom and kitchen work for years. We love the improvements, and that we paid cash for them.

Stay afloat!!!!
    PaDave and bvbearcat like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Thanks
    A project I've been putting off since we moved into this house over two years ago...
    The front steps weren't poured correctly and water seeped under the ceramic tiles. Several horizontal tiles are loose, and many vertical ones have severe lime stains. I can't find a match for the 17 year old color & pattern. Replacing everything (>350 square ft including the porch) is too expensive. No "pro" wants to do a repair. I'm going to try lifting & regrouting the loose tiles and sealing joints for the others. If I crack a couple, it means a complete redo. This would be a good time for my perfectionist wife to visit her mother. Not gonna be fun in the Florida sun...
    ColonyPark likes this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements