• 4 Post By PikeCoGreenTractorMan

Thread: Thailand Boy's Soccer Team

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,445 Posts

Thailand Boy's Soccer Team

I haven't seen a post on this subject yet. My wife and I have been watching the whole process form the beginning. My wife's first comment was, "I'm afraid this isn't going to end well." I agreed and that was over two weeks ago. The last I heard this morning there is only one boy and the coach remaining to come out. Sunday night while watching footage from inside the cave, I made a remark about the bravery of the divers who were making the rescue. From someone who does not like water and won't ride in the backseat of a two door car, the work that they have done is nothing less than remarkable. My hat is off to all of the rescuers, doctors and above ground help who pulled this off. Of course, I think the boys, aged 11-15 deserve a salute also for being brave and enduring the time underground wondering if they would ever see their families again. Everyone involved required strength and endurance that few people could muster. It is a shame that one Thai Navy Seal had to lose his life saving others. Sacrifice from military people is the same regardless of which military you serve.

I'll be happy to get the message that number 13 is out
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (07-10-2018), etcallhome (07-10-2018), JD4044M (07-10-2018), JDSwan87 (07-10-2018), Kennyd (07-10-2018), tj1 (07-10-2018), tommyhawk (07-10-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Thanks for posting this Don. Until last night I had no idea the extend to which the rescuers have to go to get everyone out, much less what the kids and coach have to swim through. Truly remarkable.
    etcallhome, DRobinson, tj1 and 2 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Thanks for the posting and update. I had mentioned Sunday morning, that 2 emerged from caves in my Good morning post,. Then I didn't follow thru with any updates , so no wonder no one knew what I was talking about.

Agree the boys and coach are very lucky to be found alive and very strong.. But the men & guessing women are the brave ones . We see the images majority of the times all lit up in side that cave. Nope total darkness when the lights are turned off . The tight spots getting out of the cave plus all the water they will have to swim in to get out of the cave.

Prayers for them to have good health , and to all that have worked so hard to get them out . It is a shame that the one diver lost his live , Prayers that he will be the only one and he will be remembered he gave it all to save them.
    DRobinson, ColonyPark, tj1 and 2 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (07-10-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Thanks
    Just heard on the radio....

THEY ARE ALL OUT NOW!!
    Kennyd, DRobinson, tj1 and 2 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (07-10-2018), JD4044M (07-10-2018), Kennyd (07-10-2018), tommyhawk (07-10-2018)

10. Top | #5
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    Glad to see all things worked out for them and the rescue teams, I can't even imagine that type of cave diving and I've done a lot of diving, never mind rescuing kids too. I will take bets that coach will not be to happy in the coming days.
    Robnik likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I haven't seen a post on this subject yet. My wife and I have been watching the whole process form the beginning. My wife's first comment was, "I'm afraid this isn't going to end well." I agreed and that was over two weeks ago. The last I heard this morning there is only one boy and the coach remaining to come out. Sunday night while watching footage from inside the cave, I made a remark about the bravery of the divers who were making the rescue. From someone who does not like water and won't ride in the backseat of a two door car, the work that they have done is nothing less than remarkable. My hat is off to all of the rescuers, doctors and above ground help who pulled this off. Of course, I think the boys, aged 11-15 deserve a salute also for being brave and enduring the time underground wondering if they would ever see their families again. Everyone involved required strength and endurance that few people could muster. It is a shame that one Thai Navy Seal had to lose his life saving others. Sacrifice from military people is the same regardless of which military you serve.

Don,
    I have not followed this story, or much of the news lately....Sounds like they are now all out now, which is great. How did they get into this situation to begin with?

I stopped watching the news as I am sick of all the partisan bickering and the pointless negativity. I selectively read on line what I am interested in and follow the Wall Street Journal, but have not followed this story. Thanks for bring it to a thread....................
    DRobinson and Robnik like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Thanks
    I'm a former recreational scuba diver with nearly 400 logged dives, most open water ocean dives. It's been 10 years since I've been underwater. I did a few wreck dives with low overhead and also had to watch out in some cave/overhang situations, but can scarcely imagine what the team and rescuers went through. Having to remove and place back on my back the equipment during training was one thing, having to remove the gear, climb over a narrow passage and put the gear back on in the dark would be another thing altogether.

We're grateful for a successful and relatively safe outcome for this team/coach. If the Thai schools have a "what I did on my summer break," these dudes are the winners

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post

Last edited by PikeCoGreenTractorMan; 07-10-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements